Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Putting the Wall in game

Default Re: Most Anticipated Feature for 1.0 Release

Quote Originally Posted by Rizedt View Post
    and there are no assassins. I'm not sure if assassins should be part of the game or not, and if this has been discussed, please let me know, but I know that they were present in the books.
    There are assassins in .53 although they are hard to get. I dont know what requirements there are but there is the option to build a faceless man or sorrowful man guild that will give you the option to hire, for a lot of gold, a highly skilled assassin (faceless men>sorrowful) to kill one person. It is a great idea that I hope will be perfected, because it is currently flawed, in the 1.0 version

Default How many weekends have you spent wishing you could play this mod?

Twenty-two, roughly. I mean, I haven't been bored, but my mind always comes back to publicly spanking those fictional Lannisters.

Default Re: How many weekends have you spent wishing you could play this mod?

Ever since i joined the team.

Oh god, all those features you haven`t seen yet. I feel sorry for you, guys.

Well killing Starks is a relatively common fanatasy I have so I look forward for the oppertunity to liberate the world from their tedious existance. The same goes for the oppertunistic climbers in House Tully. Good riddance when they're gone. Some new Houses new to rule those regions with some intelligance and finess...

Seeing as I am rereading the first book in preparation for the series and I will be rereading them all in preparation for July 12, 2011....several weekends.

I have always been a longtime fan of the Total War games, but it was only recently that I started looking for mods.

I am a teacher and over Christmas break I downloaded several, but my favorite, by far, has been this mod and what it will become.

I've enjoyed using my Ironmen to squash the slovenly Tullys and proud Starks, but I can't wait until I can do it with better units.

So, for me, it would be from January 3 until now.

Dang, I miss college and being able to play games all night.

I think to wish this mod from... When i read the first book... From 1999! Now with the team i think we are doing a very good job! And soon (i hope) you could see the westeros world!

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

After each new Martin's book I began to play TW-series games (Medieval 1 and 2). I'm playing 0.53 for a long time and catch myself thinking I should play finished mods (I have a lot of them) at this time and wait for 1.0, but still playing WTW. I think Westeros map is well suited for complex conflicts in the spirit of the Middle Ages, even better than the real medieval map.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Alone Elf's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by bitterhowl View Post
    After each new Martin's book I began to play TW-series games (Medieval 1 and 2). I'm playing 0.53 for a long time and catch myself thinking I should play finished mods (I have a lot of them) at this time and wait for 1.0, but still playing WTW. I think Westeros map is well suited for complex conflicts in the spirit of the Middle Ages, even better than the real medieval map.
    If you like the old map...just wait till you see the new map thats in production...it's mind blowing...

martyran's Avatar Civis

Every time I re-read the books
    or see anything related to RR Martin

Double A's Avatar person man

Well I first posted in this subforum in August 2008... so, yeah. A lot.

I found ASOIAF through this mod, even though I haven't played it yet.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post

as did i

Sandy's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post

Somewhat weirdly i discovered modding through this mod due to werthead having a tagline about it on westeros.

Double A's Avatar person man

I clicked on someone's sig because the Kingsguard kinda looked like ninja monks.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

When I want to play a medieval wargame, my thoughts turn to Medieval II.

Since I don't have much time due to real life, I want to play only one mod.

I love Third Age: Total War, but after a while Middle Earth isn't new anymore.

What's the perfect solution? WESTROS!

Can't wait

I'm waiting for BRINK, ..for Guild War 2 and for this Mod !!!

Best Mod , with the Dune mod for CIV IV.

Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Westeros Total War was why I bought Medieval 2, then I realized I needed Kingdoms so a couple weekends later I bought Kingdoms and then I created my TWC account. Since then I have had no regrets.

You shall feel regret once the new version saps all your time away.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

I hope it does not sap my strength away.

Another thing is that Westeros is the only mod for Medieval II that I have actually won in a campaign (not because the others were too hard, it was because I actually wanted to finish the campaign) I played as the Martells because I saw that signature with those spear units.

Shadowlair's Avatar Civis

the recruitment system, the fact that you cant upgrade settlements/castles and that you will have to adept the further you go, relying on locals and such, rather than hiring northeners in oldtown or so :p, and maybe a good wildling ivnasion or 12 will make it funnier, since the north is pretty one big playground for the starks, and maybe an AI that supports actively its allies, since..well, the starks usually retreat north in my games and just sit there being stark like :p, although, just playing the enxt release no matter what its like, is what im waiting for

All hail dragonborn total war!!

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Stark's passive evidence is because of their passive win conditions, i think. There should be some knots on a map, where meet the interests of 2-3 factions. I'll change the win conditions and post the results here.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast