Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Putting the Wall in game

Default Re: Most Anticipated Feature for 1.0 Release

Hia!

I mostly just anticipate the whole thing. I'm a huge fan of the books and I've been coming here to check the progress weekly for several months now and the waiting is really building up. My check on the TWCenter includes Europa Barbarorum and Third Age Total War (Pointblanks RR/RC mod for the newest version is taking its sweet time) too, but this is the mod I'm actually most hyped about. The previews so far look very good and the mindset behind the developement inspires confidence that this will become one of the great M:TW2 mods out there. I wish I could help somehow, but with zero experience in anything usefull I suppose I must just thank you guys and wish you the best of luck with the progress!

Oh, I did think of one feature I really look forward to: Somehow manageably sized campaign map. Westeros is perfectly suited for a TW game that doesn't sprawl totally out of control, in the lines of Shoguns map and M:TW's Viking Invasion Britain. Whole Europe or Middle-Earth tend to lead to scenarios with dozens of fronts and battles for each turn, which in some point make it too much work and I loose interest.

Sandy's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime Goldenhand View Post
    Any hints on what faction that might be?
    Edit: it says there are 68 views and 5 posts. people arent very vocal lol
    Some of us are very vocal!

What im looking forward to most is playing as the freys and trying to expand my tiny empire.
    i think their unique geographic position and the fact they could attack 3 or 4 different factions initially could make them a faction i replay a lot!
    I'm also looking forward to playing the new and improved dorne as the 0.53 dorne was very basic.

Any hints on what faction that might be?
    Edit: it says there are 68 views and 5 posts. people arent very vocal lol
    I made 69!

Cazac's Avatar Tiro

It would be quite nice if you would stop with the previews and force the whole game as it seems it's shaping up quite nicely and wholly. I don't know how far ahead you guys are but this whole preview stuff is like a whole lot of spoilers ruining some of the end product, for me at least that is the feeling. I'm pretty sure we can all do with more time done on the actual mod than spending quite a lot of time in providing us with yet another preview. Shogun 2 is knocking at the door and i'm pretty sure most total war fans will have their hands busy playing it until you've managed to finish this project, hopefully before ADWD.

Cheers. Keep up the awesome work

Well, you can always choose not to look at the previews.

Really, the previews themselves don`t cause much trouble or cost us time.. Remember that we have to discuss and review the finished factions in the developer forum as well..

The previews don't add any burden on the workload. Once work on a faction or feature has been completed it is then just a case of posting screenshots and a little writing.
    Shields and swords will win you wars -
    But in the end, the battle's for our hearts are fought by bards

If you stop making previews I may have to hunt you down and kill you

smthhappy's Avatar Decanus

I will goin too

Sandy's Avatar Tiro

If you stop making previews i may have to hunt you down and make you make more previews!

Logic trumps vengeance every time in my book.

No, please don't stop the previews. They're a good way to get feedback too, and Shogun 2 doesn't interest me the least bit until a proper real combat mod comes out. (Turbosamurais gliding through maps the speed of steamtrain, blah. Always the same in Vanilla TW's.)

The HBO serie is for April 17.

So, the best for the 1.0 version is to come before !! Make sure to release your version before the Cyanide one too.

Because I prefer saving my Dragons.

Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

Why should v1.0 come before the HBO series? There is no way that this is going to happen.
    Shields and swords will win you wars -
    But in the end, the battle's for our hearts are fought by bards

House Frey >

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm waiting religy and more complicated win conditions. And wildlings invading North.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Captain Zoran's Avatar Ducenarius

Without doubt what I anticipate most is see the might of the rosesmelling southrons to be crushed beneath the rightous onslaught of the Northerners!
    The friendly neighbourhood hobo with a shotgun of Westeros: Total War, bringing the Game of Thrones to life!
    Check out my new LOTR fan(tastic) fiction here: The Accountant's Trial

Definitely lots of diverse units in each faction. Definitely.

One thing I am looking forward too is a more in-depth strategy with Priests, Spies, etc. When I play Vanilla: TW, I look spies, assassins, priests and princesses.

Are we going to get these units as something else?

I remember a discussion about princesses before, but I'm too lazy to look it up right now.

In 0.53 you can only have one Outrider (spy) at a time, unless I'm doing something wrong, the priest is pointless, and there are no assassins.

I'm not sure if assassins should be part of the game or not, and if this has been discussed, please let me know, but I know that they were present in the books.

I've seen talk of the Drowned Gods, the Gods of the North, and Rglor, in addition to the Seven, so I assume priests will play a larger role as well.

Apart from the diverse units (whether functionally or asthetically) for each faction, I think what I am most looking forward to is the recruitment system. I love the idea of feudally realistic armies being fielded by each faction (I am assuming the recriutment system will dictate what units the AI recriuts as well as the player).
    'A sword is not strong until it has been tempered'

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar View Post
    Sorry, I had to change the title. Don't want to mislead people who might not bother to click to read the post.
    I thought something seemed different.

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Well, as for me, one shouldn't being fixed on creation of diverse units (Martin didn't describe various types of them, actually), but try to realize complicated relationships beetween factions, religions, personalities (by the victory conditions and quests), which are inherent in the world Martin. Because this was the reason for the success of his series imho.

If we go back to a variety of units, i wait for the bands of wildlings, razing North, mountain clans in the Vale, Brotherhood Without Banners for the Rebels. They could be realized by 2-3 types of units. And as a bonus - elite units for North rebels - deserters from the Night Watch, of course with "no retreat" perk.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast