Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to make a Professional Quality Installer for your Mod

Default Re: How to make a Professional Quality Installer for your Mod

Very nice tutorial! +rep

Though I have a problem with the "set language" function. There appeares no any language in the window:

Picture of the problem

What is going wrong? I cannot switch "weiter" to go on, I must choose a language.
    Developer of Rising Sumer
    Beta-tester for ChC; Mapper of Colonialism-TW;

When you installed the Nullsoft compiler, did you make sure to select the "Language Files" section, or did you opt for the "Minimal" or "Lite" configurations? Run the NSIS installer again, select "Add/Reinstall components" and then make sure that "Language Files" is checked.

If that doesn't work, maybe it is a problem with the German translation of HM NIS Edit. It is possible that the author of the program forgot to provide German translations for the language names, so they are not displaying properly. (This is a complete guess - the first situation is much more probable.)

Dominion of the Sword, a Medieval II: Total War Supermod
    Under the patronage of Archaon. Proud member of the House of Siblesz
    My friend died from chain letters. If you don't post this again 100 times, he will come and kill you in your sleep!

I loaded down the version 2.03.exe because I do not understand the installation and usage of version 2.46.

2.03 does not ask during installation to install components of that programm except the install path. What can I do?
    Developer of Rising Sumer
    Beta-tester for ChC; Mapper of Colonialism-TW;

You should download NSIS 2.46 and HM NIS Edit 2.03. Then install them. You need to install NSIS 2.46 before you install HM NIS Edit (or at least before you run it) because it picks up the language files from the base NSIS installation. Also, you probably want to do a Full installation of NSIS 2.46 (the default) just in case you start working on that installer script and it turns out you need to include some random NSH file you didn't know about when you first installed NSIS.

Cool.

"It's me, Smeagol."
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

If you wanted to have optional features, hopefully you cut out the features that were optional and pasted the files onto your desktop. If you didn’t, go back now and do it! And you’ll have to reenter your mod’s directory tree into the MainSection. Now, take the files you put on your desktop, and split them up into the various features, such as campaign 1, campaign 2, extra battle maps, and so on. Put all of these files back into proper M2TW directory trees. You should have one mod folder on your desktop for each feature. In the wizard, create a new section and give it a name. Set the files for the section to the corresponding mod folder on your desktop. Add a description for the section. Rinse and repeat.

The next step is self explanatory. Here are my recommended settings:
    Click to view content:
    The image/picture is dead.

"It's me, Smeagol."
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Moneybags14's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Thrillology View Post
    The image/picture is dead.
    I believe I am having a problem with this part. I'm not sure exactly what this step does so I am doing trial and error. I keep getting errors about the start menu everytime I try to compile the script...

EDIT: I give up, just going to put it in a .7z file lol.
    Last edited by Moneybags14; February 07, 2013 at 12:15 AM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12