Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plans for 0.90

Lord Condormanius's Avatar Artifex

Default Plans for 0.90

Plans for release v0.90 (this thread is a work in progress)

More units, both mercenary and faction specific.
    -Mercenary Units
    --Bonnachts
    --Italian Mercenaries
    --Axemen
    -Faction Specific
    --Clan Spearmen (Scotland)
    --Landsmen (Denmark)
    --Light Swordsmen (Spain, Aragon, Portugal)
    --Aragonese Heavy Infantry (Aragon)
    --ME Swordsmen (Moors, Egypt, Turks)
    --EE Swordsmen (Poland, Russia, Hungary)
    --EE Noble Swordsmen (Poland, Russia)
    --Hungarian Footmen (Hungary)
    -Holy Land Units
    --Recruitable by Catholic factions who control specified regions.
    ---Jerusalem
    ---Antioch
    ---Edessa
    ---Tripoli

New Recruitment Tree
    -Farm requirement will be removed for building military structures.
    -Peasants will now be recruitable only from farms (in both cities and castles) and at a constant recruitment rate and pool (i.e. the availability and rate of peasants will not increase).
    -Castle Barracks unit recruitment will be adjusted accordingly, moving level 2 early units down to fill the level 1 slots and filling in empty slots with new early units.
    -Area Specific Mercenaries will be recruited at Tavern buildings built in the specific area required of that unit. For instance, Welsh Longbowmen Mercenaries will be recruited from a tavern built in Wales, Flemish Pikemen will be available from taverns in Flanders, etc.

Alternate early lances for early cavalry unts.

Various settlement level and garrison adjustments to strat map.

New Factions
    -Cumans/Kipchaks
    -Abbasid Caliphate
    -Portugal (non-playable emerging faction)

More to come...
    Last edited by Lord Condormanius; January 03, 2009 at 02:25 PM.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Default Re: Plans for 0.90

wow it will be a great relase

feudal titles??

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Vinc View Post
    feudal titles??
    That is a pretty big job. If I can get someone to help me with it, it will be more of a possibility.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

you mean an heraldy system?
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    you mean an heraldy system?
    Sort of. I was thinking more along the lines of what Blood Broads and Bastards mod has done. Feudal titles for regions.

-John G. Hartung

Herr Lindstrom's Avatar Semisalis

Any plans to make a Dutch faction or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Lindstrom View Post
    Any plans to make a Dutch faction or no?
    No. There really isn't any place for a Dutch faction in 1080.

-John G. Hartung

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Condormanius View Post
    Sort of. I was thinking more along the lines of what Blood Broads and Bastards mod has done. Feudal titles for regions.
    that's an heraldy system

Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    that's an heraldy system

I wouldn't say that it is elaborate enough to be considered a system, but that's really just a matter of semantics.

-John G. Hartung

What factions if any are you intending to add after the ones stated above? (or have you hit the faction limit with these three) Also it maybe just me but it seems a waste to add a non-playable faction into the game that could just as easily be represented by rebels.

Quote Originally Posted by AntaranDream View Post
    What factions if any are you intending to add after the ones stated above? (or have you hit the faction limit with these three) Also it maybe just me but it seems a waste to add a non-playable faction into the game that could just as easily be represented by rebels.
    Sorry, but I do not share your opinion of non-playable factions being a waste. I also don't agree that factions can be easily represented by rebels for the simple reason that rebels roll over far too easily.

After the factions stated above, there will be 3 more added for the 1.0 release:

Lithuania: Non-playable emerging faction
    Teutonic Order: Non-playable emerging faction
    Duklja (Serbia): playable faction

-John G. Hartung

What's the abbasid caliphate's roster like and what cities do they get?

Quote Originally Posted by AntaranDream View Post
    What's the abbasid caliphate's roster like and what cities do they get?
    For now the roster is somewhere between the Turks and Egypt. I'm still trying to figure out a new unit for them. I don't expect much from them. They are being placed into the mod to balance the east in the early game.

To be honest, I have to take a look at a few things to determine how they'll be placed. They will probably have Baghdad.

...and as I said, this will depend on whether or not I can get them skinned.

-John G. Hartung

Italian mercenaries sounds something I want to see.. Everyone of these updates seem to be very tempting, especially the new factions

I have one request though. As I have played SS 6.1 for a long time (and still playing) I've encountered one type of Italian mercenary unit. Pisan & Genoese sailors. These guys are just bunch of peasants running around with medieval baseball bats .. I'd like to see something more dangerous, some mercenary knights or something, what is more effective than mercenary spearmen..

And to another of my "great" ideas.. Give me a Finnish mercenary unit. Since when Finland had vikings around 1100.
    Perhaps some Karelian or Tavastian warriors or something like that.

-HF-

Quote Originally Posted by HereticFang View Post
    I have one request though. As I have played SS 6.1 for a long time (and still playing) I've encountered one type of Italian mercenary unit. Pisan & Genoese sailors. These guys are just bunch of peasants running around with medieval baseball bats .. I'd like to see something more dangerous, some mercenary knights or something, what is more effective than mercenary spearmen..
    The Italian Mercs in this mod are spearmen with pavise shields. There are also Knights from Tuscany.

And to another of my "great" ideas.. Give me a Finnish mercenary unit. Since when Finland had vikings around 1100.
    Perhaps some Karelian or Tavastian warriors or something like that.
    I'll see what I can do.

-John G. Hartung

where's the download for the previous version of this mod? please.. i want to have a look.
    thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bone-apart View Post
    where's the download for the previous version of this mod? please.. i want to have a look.
    thanks.
    there is a stickied thread in this very forum which contains a link to the download. The current version is 0.861.

-John G. Hartung

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

If the mod team here needs a more accurate/historical medeival Roman(byzantine)roster please visit us(click on my sig)!
    If the mod starts at 1080 or later then visit the "Komnenean Unit Roster"
    of ours to take a look!
    We always help other mods!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    If the mod team here needs a more accurate/historical medeival Roman(byzantine)roster please visit us(click on my sig)!
    If the mod starts at 1080 or later then visit the "Komnenean Unit Roster"
    of ours to take a look!
    We always help other mods!
    The mod team, eh? That would be me. I'll give it a look and figure out if I have the required time and energy.

-John G. Hartung

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast