Thread: 1.5 unit banners

Default 1.5 unit banners

Sorry to nit-pick in such a great mod (really good work!) But I think the banners carried by the officers of the units are the wrong way round or are not working properly on my installation.

Is it my fault or is their something I can do to fix it? (The Parliamentarian unit officers are carrying blue flags or ones with no symbol on, the Royalists have red flags!)

Default Re: 1.5 unit banners

PLEASE SOME ONE HELP!

I don't think there's anything wrong. It's all part of the confusion of a civil war. It was common practice to use a 'field sign' to help identify friendly units, such as a coloured armband or a piece of foliage in the hatband, such was the confusion. Bear in mind that the units involved in the conflict would have been transplanted out of the same English army, where the cross of St George would have been enough to distinguish from foreign colours (like a St Andrew's saltire).

The only screamingly obvious English flag in this mod is the Royal Standard. You'll have to get used to identifying units by experience - just like the real commanders had to. You'll soon recognise Slanning's black flag and will probably pay more attention to coat colours for a bigger clue - even then there's no guarantee that both armies won't turn up wearing red, for instance. Hovering the mouse over a unit is a luxury they didn't have in real life.
    Last edited by Mr_Fluffy; November 30, 2008 at 08:11 PM.

I'm sorry but am I missing something here? Red...blue...eh?

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

well blue is for the royalists

red is for parliament

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep