Thread: Game crashing promblems

I recently posted a problem I had with my game crashing to the desktop. I recently after that started my campaign over from halfway threw on a different save I had made. I am playing as the Julii faction. The year is 208 B.C. and I just took the city of Jerusalem. Immediately after that the game would crash to desktop without error while the last faction before rebels took their turn. On my other campaign I was in the year 206 and had just took the city Jerusalem before the game started crashing. I tested to see if it was the city that was causing this by giving it away before ending my turn and the game did not crash. I then continued my campaign. I got the year 200 B.C. not taking any new cities the game suddenly crashed. :crying I have no idea of what caused it this time. Any help would be appreciated.

I've got exactly the same problem! It's 200BC, I'm playing as Scipii, and when I click "end turn" it gets to rebels, then crashes, with no error messages or anything. The remaining factions are Briton, Germania, Armenia and the Roman factions.

I've read somewhere that CTD's can be caused by boats/fleets trying to move onto land, or something, but I can't see any in that position.

Any help at all, please?

Default Re: Game crashing promblems

I'm seeing the exact same thing. After I click "end turn", it makes it about halfway through the AI movments until it gets to the Rebels (pirates, in this case). There is an attempt at a sea battle but then it immediately crashes to desktop. I've run it about 10 times now...twice it simulated the battle before crashing, but every other time, it has crashed without even bringing up the battle screen.

I have tried moving my navy out of reach of the rebel ships, but it still crashes.

I know this is an old thread, but I'm hoping someone has had some experiences that would shed light on this situation. I am running an unmodded version of 1.5, my upgrade path was 1.0->1.3->1.5.

Help, please!

-torgis

Guess what, same here: I'm playing as Julii, 237BC and the game crashes on the second last faction. I'm not certain on this, but I noticed that my game only started crashing after I installed the second patch-before that it had worked fine-so there might be a glitch in 1.5.
    Master of Arms and Spartan 27, are you running it with the patches?
    I'll try and be more helpful next time.

best of luck with this one. I was not able to fix the crashing and had to start a new game. serious bummer, that.

I tried uninstalling the whole game, then re-installing it. On the plus side, glitch has gone. Unfortunately, save games from the patches 1.5 and 1.3 don't run on the old version, so I had to start again. Also, didn't have the patches any more, but I prefer a game that runs without crashing.

me too

I also have this issue. I'm playing the house of Julii and it's the year 77BC patch v1.5(unmodded), i've tried numerous of times clicking end turn and it always ends up with the rebels(pirates) moveing their fleet and then it crashes.
    has there been any solution to this problem yet or is it just to start all over again? :S

D.B. Cooper's Avatar Tribunus

Sounds like a corrupted save file fellas...turning off the computer or otherwise quitting midgame can do that. Does it happen for every game you play or just that one file? Try starting a new game, sucks I know.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

There are several things you can try and do.

Switch on 'label characters' in the preferences.txt.
    Change 'skip AI' to follow AI (either in preferences.txt or in-game).
    Toggle FOW (either in preferences.txt or in-game).

Launch the game and try to identify exactly what is causing the CTD.

If it's a certain character you can attemt to use the 'cheat codes' to move that character or kill them. I've never been able to kill a character but others have managed to do so.

Some players advise switching off autosave as this corrupts save games. If you do this make sure that you manually save the game.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here