Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Rise Of A New Alexander--THE SELEUCID EMPIRE-- XGM Diadochi v0.937 AAR

Default The Rise Of A New Alexander--THE SELEUCID EMPIRE-- XGM Diadochi v0.937 AAR

As my Achaean League AAR has endended because of a CTD, i'm now beginning a new one. Update 1 in the spoiler

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The Rise Of A New Alexander
    THE SELEUCID EMPIRE

Update 1: The Beginning

XGM Diadochi v0.937 AAR
    by gll25

Our great Seleucid Empire in 279bc is the biggest empire on the earth and a rising power. My king Antiochus I Soter has desires for expansion. This text was found in one of his books:

After the death of Alexander, the Hellenic world was separated in many little, weak states, and some lands where united in large empires taken by Alexander's generals, the Diadochi. Our empire, is one of those large, my son. You have the power to unite our people once again. I pass to you the throne, and this job.
    Your father

Seleucus I Nicator, Basileus of Seleucia, 281Bc.

With this task, Antiochus ordered the Strategos to assemble the army!

After that, our great king marched to the south, to meet our greatest fool, The Ptolemaic Empire, ruled by the son of Diadochi Ptolemaios. We met then at the Sidon Hill.

(because of my earlier CTDs, there are no pics of this battle, but the others, will have).

After the 1st BattleOf Sidon Hill, there were lots of bodies over the battlefield. We had won! But it was a hard victory.

We had to retreat to Antioch, to prepare for another assault.

End Of Part 1
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This update was a little one. The next one(tomorrow) will be much better.
    Last edited by gll25; October 18, 2010 at 08:43 PM.

TM Is Back's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: The Rise Of A New Alexander--THE SELEUCID EMPIRE-- XGM Diadochi v0.937 AAR

You have a reader. Good luck.

rogergargantua's Avatar Senator

Default Re: The Rise Of A New Alexander--THE SELEUCID EMPIRE-- XGM Diadochi v0.937 AAR

Ah, the Seleucid Empire, great!!
    Before I started my Carthage campaign, I was crossing my mind between Carthage, Seleucid Empire or the Ptolemaics!
    So I wonder how this campaign will go! Good luck and I hope you dont get the CTD's like in your last AAR. Make sure you get latest patch 'n stuff.

Thanks TM Is Back and rogergargantua

Just a question, do you prefer a gameplay aar or a little history like the book?

I'am a fan of gameplay AAR with lots of screenies

Gameplay AAR definately. I usually dont like AARS with loadsa text. I usually skip the long text and just watch screenies if thats the case. I'm personally attracted to battle screenshots aswell.

But a short paragraph of like 4 or 5 sentences are good if you want to describe some history aspects in my opinion.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Gameplay definitely.

As promised, Update 2 is here in the spoilerSo, the AAR will be gameplay.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rise Of A New Alexander
    THE SELEUCID EMPIRE

Update 2: An Attalid Problem

After the king Antiochus I ordered the retreat from Egypt after our Pyrrhic Victory, new Strategos that were trained in Seleucia were ordered to go to Antioch and Ipsus.

Antiochus ordered that his spyes made a report of the Egyptian power. As show in the picture below, they're still very powerful:

Our mighty king decide to march towards Sidon with his retrained army. Immediately, a large Egyptian army attacks us!

The wise king order a retreat to the mountains. We shall stay there until reinforcements come.

The empire stood quiet trough the next 6 months, until a Makedonian diplomat, called Karpos Of Pylos, arrived in Ipsus, and was received by Captain Antiphon. Karpos offered something we accepted.

Battle Of Ipsus

The Attalids, from Pergamum, saw that fight Seleucia and Makedonia together would be impossible to a nation of their size. So they attacked the closest one:

Captain Antiphon was ordered to defeat the Attalids or die trying! so he deployed his force this way:

The enemy arrived and immediately advanced towards our army!

The reinforcements from Ipsus arrived just after the battle began, now we outnumber them.

Our skirmishers and archers began to fire their arrows and javelins, creating a rain of death upon the enemy!

Our right flank met their left, in a traditional hoplite x hoplite battle.

Just after that, the phalanx clashed! The battle would be a classic hellenic fighting.

But our heavy hoplites on the left easily crushed the light infantry on the enemyright, and surrounded the phalanx on the enemy center-right flank.

Their right flank soon routed

Then, a heavy battle for the center began

But the Attalids where again surrounded by the same hoplites, and routed in the center, with their left soon following.

The battle was clearly won!

That beautiful anatolian forest now whas full of hundreds of stacks of bodies...( I believe this pic was the best I took)

After the battle, Captain Antiphos was promoted to Strategos for his victory( Until this one I had never saw a promotion of a 4-star guy).

And he wisely ordered the army back to Ipsus, for retraining.

End Of Update 2
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Update--The CounterAttack:
    Attack on Attalids
    Attack On Ptolemies
    more...

Last edited by gll25; November 29, 2008 at 08:28 PM.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Nice!

OMG! Great update!! And excellent battle screenshots aswell!
    The Attalids look awesome btw, I have never seen them before.
    You thrased em good, your general got a 4-star in an instant! Congratz!

I dont agree with your "favorite" pic. Mine favorite pic of your AAR so far is:

Great hoplite fighting....and look at sky, loads of javelins! What an impact that must have been.

Thanks

As I have nothing to do(school test week end tomorrow) I will update tomorrow i think. And lookout for the Achaean AAR.I find a solution for the CTD, so it will continue with update 2 tonight.

BTW rogergargantua, i love landscapes pics
    Last edited by gll25; November 27, 2008 at 01:15 PM.

A reaquest: Can you put the next updates in a spoiler?

Thank you in advance.

How do I put the updates in spoiler?

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Code:
    [ spoiler] Your text and images go here. [/spoiler]
    Looking forward to seeing more of your AAR, keep it up.

Thanks for the Help RedFox, tomorrow you`ll have more

Great start, gll25. Looking forward to learning more about those attacks you promise.

Update 3 in the spoiler, as TM is Back and RedFox asked
    Rise Of A New Alexander
    THE SELEUCID EMPIRE

Update 3: The Counter Attacks

Contents Of Update:
    Battle Of The Sea Of Galilee
    A Tragic Death
    Siege & Assault Of Sardis

After a year in the mountains, our King Antiochus I moves towards the south and camp on the Sea of Galilee, trying to push the egyptians to a field battle.

Battle Of The Sea Of Galilee

The fool egyptians took the bait and advanced with a big army to the Sea Of Galilee.

Our armies had almost the same size.

Antiochus was decided to crush the Egyptians, in what could be he's last battle, he was an old man.

So he positioned our men this way:

The Egyptians immediately advanced towards our army.

Antiochus advances with the cavalry to the enemy left.

Then he orders the elphants forward.

They finish some of the enemy left flank...

But soon die

Well, Antiochus had a plan B, and he charged the enemy skirmishers in the behind!

After crushing the skirmishers, he charged the enemy phalanx on the back!

And the enemy army rout!

His plan B proved to be decisive for the Egyptians... and for he too, unfortunately

He was killed by a spear in the rear-charge in the phalanx...

But this did not changed the result! The furious greek cavalry charged the remnants of the enemy army!

And then spot the enemy commander, and charged uphill yelling: '' For Antiochus The Great and For Seleucia!!Charge!!''

And crushed the enemy leader!

The battle ended...

A clear, decisive victory over the Egyptian scum(if there's a Egyptian reading this, I've nothing against the egyptian people)! The last one of Antiochus I Soter The Great.

Strategos Antiphon, the former captain that was promoted by Antiochus heard about his death, and decided to punish some Attalids.

After six months of siege, he ordered the assault!

His army was half-made of mercenaries, and the Attalid army under Captain Onasimos was made of remnants of the Battle Of Ipsus( see update2).

Antiphon was decided to win another victory over the Attalids. He thought this: '' If I crush the Attalids, maybe I can become Archon(ruler) Of Seleucid Anatolia.''

He deployed his army this way:

And ordered the rams forward

The skirmishers advanced and started to fire their arrows and spears.

An enemy hoplite division was decimated by their fire!

Soon the gate was crushed!

And our hoplites advanced against the enemy hoplites.

An enemy phalanx unit attacks our hoplites. Wasting no time, our galatian swordsmen charged on the left of the enemy phalanx!

And are soon followed by our merc.hoplites!

The enemy phalanx is surrounded and crushed.

Antiphon ordered the army to push to the city square.

And charge the enemy peltasts...

& the remnants of the enemy hoplites.

The brave galatians celebrate...

Because we clearly won the battle.

And reoccupied Sardis!

Next Update:
    New Attacks Over Egypt
    The Fall Of The Attalids
    The Coronation Of A New King

End Of Update 3
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by gll25; November 29, 2008 at 08:26 PM.

Primicerius

Nice progress, and a great AAR, TSE is quite difficult to play. What are your plans for the east?

Please, I beg you post your updates in a SPOILER otherwise i wont be able to follow this AAR anymore.

After I crush Pergamum & push the Egyptians back to Egypt, I will take out Parthia & Bactria. Later I will take the Indu river lands( The TSE lost it to Chandragupta). Thanks for liking he AAR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast