Thread: Final Stand Against Makedonia- The Achaean League-XGM Diadochi AAR

Default Final Stand Against Makedonia- The Achaean League-XGM Diadochi AAR

This is my first aar, so please help if you find anything that could be better. Thanks

Final Stand Against Makedonia
    The Achaean League

This is the year 279Bc, Greece. Our once free and great nation was invaded by the Makedonians. Now, they rule everything, everyone, except us...The Achaean League.

This is our nation. A small one. In the south are the Spartans...Who call thenselves our allies, but denied to join our great league. To the north the mighty Kingdom Of Makedonia, the worst of our enemies.

Our leader is Aratus Of Sycion, a great general.

Our great leader believes economy must be strong to our nation be a strong one

But he doesn't forget military matters. Its time to punish these so called Spartan ''allies''.

He order the assault over Sparta. They even don`t have a wall!

Here are the armies, notice the Achean superiority.

End Of Update.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you all liked it, next update come tomorrow, i think.

I Need Some Help
    I want to make Spartiate Hoplite and the Athenian Hoplitesof XGM a unit of the Achaean League( If RedFox allow), but I dont know how to do this.Help?

Last edited by gll25; November 25, 2008 at 03:06 PM.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Final Stand Against Makedonia- The Achaean League-XGM Diadochi AAR

Nice start, mate!
    You would need to download XGM, take the skin from it, copy it to XGM Diadochi, and make a bunch of text file changes.

Thanks I will search for a guide. Should I make any changes on the AAR?

BTW, Tomorrow's update:

Assault Of Sparta
    Army Expansion
    Diplomacy
    Siege Of Corinth( If I manage to put the new hoplites, I will need them against makedon).

Primicerius

Diadiochi AAR's are popping up like mad... Where did all the vanilla XGM AAR writer's go (looking at you, Legio )?

Nice start, btw, looking forward to more.

Nice start indeed. Teach those other Greeks a lesson!

Quote Originally Posted by Scutarii View Post
    Diadiochi AAR's are popping up like mad... Where did all the vanilla XGM AAR writer's go (looking at you, Legio )?
    Hey! My Germania AAR is vanilla XGM !:hmmm:

Thanks
    BTW Spartans...
    They are already aunit in the game so I entered the export_descr_unit to put them in achaean ownership. Them I searched for any achaean units and there is nothing. What name they use for acheans?

gll25, good to see an Achaean League AAR. The start for this faction is pretty tough and fun. Beware of Epirus: they will stub you in the back on the first occasion (well, in the same manner you stabbed fellow greeks ). Looking forward to next update.

rogergargantua's Avatar Senator

Nice start, gll25! You really have some guts to attack your ally Sparta while the Makedonians are so close. I hope you survive in the Hellenistic area and beat your foes! (woa, that kinda rhymes too)

TM Is Back's Avatar Campidoctor

We alle died^^ No I will start again in 2 weeks.

This AAR got another reader.

Diadiochi AAR's are popping up like mad... Where did all the vanilla XGM AAR writer's go (looking at you, Legio )? ...
    Well, I never pronounced my mac's aar closed. Pics for another 2-3 updates were cropped weeks ago and could come alive in mid-December

I want to say thanks to everyone and to RedFox for making this great mod.But, at least in my pc, it keeps CTDing after battles and is very unstable.]I began a new AAR campaign with the Seleucids. My achaean league game CTDs a turn after I conquer sparta every time I try. So, this AAR is dead. I will try to reinstall the game and began a new one later.

Last edited by gll25; November 27, 2008 at 01:12 PM.

gll25, that's disappointing indeed. I cannot be sure, but you seem to experience quite a few CTDs. Could you perhaps report CTDs that keep re-occurring in the corresponding thread in XGMD forum? Could be useful. ME

CTDs: the battle ones are because of Fraps, when I dont use Fraps, don't get the CTD.The other I will post in the bug thread.

NEW AAR------- Seleucid Empire XGM Diadochi AAR, look at the XGM AARs thread

Content Emeritus

I miss Antigonos as much as you guys do.
    Beta testing, modding, and school are hogging up my time. Believe me, once I get some of those babies out I will do nothing but play for a year.

Primicerius

Its all right, just teasing. I know how you feel, I'm ridiculously busy right now.... No time for RTW period.

Content Emeritus

Its all right, just teasing. I know how you feel, I'm ridiculously busy right now.... No time for RTW period.

Revolt against school! They should not be giving me so much homework, don't they know I have more important stuff to do, like AARs?

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Are you sure you have the latest patch installed? EDIT: Well you seem to have..
    I also recommend playing with fog of war ON, having it off can sometimes cause problems.

Thanks RedFox your advice made this AAR continue. It was the fog problem. But now I already began a seleucid aar... well i'll update both
    So

--THIS AAR IS DEAD-- got even another CTD
    Last edited by gll25; November 27, 2008 at 01:11 PM.