Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10,000 downloads :D Competition time

Default 10,000 downloads :D Competition time

There's now been around 10,000 downloads of FKoC (1.0 and 1.5 combined)!

For a mod based in a time period few care about, with the subject being a war that even fewer know anything about, involving only one nationality, 2 factions, 1 culture and very little unit variation, it's quite incredible.

I'm happy my little toddler of a mod can please so many and I really hope that the community here will update it periodically.

To celebrate reaching 10K downloads, I've decided to hold a screenshot competition.

There are 3 categories.

1) Unedited
    2) Edited
    3) Comedy

No more than 1 screenshot per category. Feel free to post a screenshot in 1, 2 or all of the categories. After a week I'll close this thread and open 3 polls, one for each category so we can choose the winners.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing all screenshots.

Cheers
    Last edited by AlphaDelta; November 25, 2008 at 08:54 AM.
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

Default Re: 10,000 downloads :D Competition time

Edited

Gwyn ap Nud's Avatar Ducenarius

Guns of Democracy. Edited

Cogito Ergo Vicco

unedited

(wide pic)

edited(wide pic)
    Royalist pike

Last edited by Giovi; November 26, 2008 at 07:22 AM.

Unedited: Rupert and Essex: The Duel of the Generals
    Son of PW

Unedited.

"Looks like horse fritters for tea again, lads!"

JohanRegus's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDelta View Post
    There's now been around 10,000 downloads of FKoC (1.0 and 1.5 combined)!

For a mod based in a time period few care about, with the subject being a war that even fewer know anything about, involving only one nationality, 2 factions, 1 culture and very little unit variation, it's quite incredible.

I'm happy my little toddler of a mod can please so many and I really hope that the community here will update it periodically.
    Why, you shouldn't be surprised! It's a wonderful mod you've done!

Doubt is the adversary of great enterprises - Napoléon

http://www.youtube.com/user/JohanRegus12

Keep the screenshots coming! We haven't had any comedy screenshots yet.

Cheers
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

and comedy i know i am not good at commedy btw this is my entry

Quote Originally Posted by JohanRegus View Post
    Why, you shouldn't be surprised! It's a wonderful mod you've done!
    Quoted for truth.
    Son of PW

Congratulations, AD. Your mod was presented in the GameStar magazine here in Germany as a mod you (we) can play while waiting for Empire. Your mod isn't the biggest or the most difficult, I think, but it's the most remarquable just because, how you said, it's about a war nobody knows about and everybody wants to know what a mod with only two similar factions looks like. The other mods only improve MedII.
    Germany thanks you for the great job you did (although you've found it relaxing as you wrote).
    No-Time Toulouse

Thanks for all that took the time in this comp. Apologies that I didnt declare a winner, there just wasn't enough entrants to have any really competition.

If I ever get back into TW modding, y'all be getting beta's long before anyone else.

Cheers

There have now been about 25,000 copies of FkoC downloaded! Just awesome!

That's 25,000 people that might have learnt a little bit more about the ECW!

Honestly, AD, I don't know of any greater compliment, than what you have just spoken. If people know more about ECW then they realize the progress which took us to how things have become what they are today.

If the King had won early, then the parliament would have been destroyed and England would have become just another absolute monarchy like there were in the rest of Europe.

If Cromwell's sons were left to rule, then a tyrrany would be imposed upon the land sooner rather than later.

As it happened, King returned but in a land that would never again tolerate absolutism, whereas the fanatic Parlamentarians would migrate in Amerika (I had read somewhere some time ago that the parlamentarians and former Cromwell followers were more often than not thrown out of their homes by the King's authorities), which led to the creation of the U.S.A. (Cromwell's revenge, one could say even if that might sound far fetched). U.S.A. then paved the way to the modern world, and hopefully the future one.

It's good to know when it all started and how. Thank you so much AD!
    Go Minerwars Go! A 6DOF game of space mining and shooting. SAKA Co-FC, Koinon Hellenon FC, Epeiros FC. RS Hellenistic Historian K.I.S.S.

congrats ad,the mod works like its supposed to.and i think in gaming it is unique.the only ecw game in existence.its brought people into pc gaming that wouldnt even have considered it in the past.and for me its rekindled my old enthusiasm for this period and inspired me enough to have a pop at some modding too,and for that i thank you.

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

YAY

i personally downloaded several as they kept getting corrupted ^-^

gives AD a hug <(^-^)>

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDelta View Post
    There have now been about 25,000 copies of FkoC downloaded! Just awesome!

That's 25,000 people that might have learnt a little bit more about the ECW!
    Congratulations. I've always been an ECW fan, but it was fun to see it in 3-D!
    Son of PW

The 25000 downloaded is absolutely a reflection of the quality of this mod. Congrats AD!

Opifex

Congrats AD!

Btw I don't think that the Parliament would've been destroyed if the King had won, and its destruction was never Charles' goal in the first place. You can see from the views of Clarendon and other mixed-constitutionalists that they would've never stood for dismantling the Houses. The war broke out because it was the Parliament who seemed to be unhappy with a king.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by SigniferOne View Post
    Congrats AD!

Btw I don't think that the Parliament would've been destroyed if the King had won, and its destruction was never Charles' goal in the first place. You can see from the views of Clarendon and other mixed-constitutionalists that they would've never stood for dismantling the Houses. The war broke out because it was the Parliament who seemed to be unhappy with a king.
    I agree. What's amazing is the effect it had on the American colonies. I've been studying that over the last six months.
    Son of PW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast