Thread: Hard to install

Incontinenta Buttox's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Hard to install

I am having a hell of a time trying to install this mod.

I originally had IBRR installed, but have realised that this mod looks to be more to my taste.

I tried installing the mod-switcher version. I copied the BI folder as instructed and renamed it as "Rio", and installed the mod in this folder. But once all was done the mod didn't play. Clicking the IBFD shortcut loaded up vanilla BI.

I have uninstalled BI and IBRR and done a clean install of IB. Can I just install the mod straight into BI now? without making a copy?

It all just seems so complicated, with so much that can go wrong.

Please help!!!

Default Re: Hard to install

I think I might know where i went wrong.

I instlled the mod to - C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\rio

I think I should have installed to - C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War

Can anyone verify this?

Quote Originally Posted by Incontinenta Buttox View Post
    I think I might know where i went wrong.

I instlled the mod to - C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\rio

I think I should have installed to - C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War

Can anyone verify this?
    Hi Incontinenta Buttox,

Yes, ''I think I should have installed to - C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War ''...correct way

Any issues let me know ok

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Many thanks.

Are there any patches that I should install too? I understand the soundmod is recommended.

I will try downloading this mod again in a couple of hours.

Many thanks.

Are there any patches that I should install too? I understand the soundmod is recommended.

I will try downloading this mod again in a couple of hours.
    Rio VII.5 IBFD Beyond Roman Glory
    http://files.filefront.com/Rios+IBFD+Beyond+Roman+Glory/;10450885;/fileinfo.html
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QXU3GT0A

Mod Switcher Patch III
    Open the file and copy or drop the rio folder over the folder where your Rio game is copying over the rio files
    http://files.filefront.com/Rios+VII5+BRG+patch+III+MODSW/;11678153;/fileinfo.html

Rebel Patch
    Copies over the Path III
    http://www.badongo.com/file/11482214
    Last edited by Riothamus; November 25, 2008 at 02:45 PM.

Thank you again.

I appear to have downloaded and installed ok. The main mod and beyond Roman glory. Although I seem to be having trouble patch III. This seems to be because filefront is a bit crap really. Is the patch available on Megaupload?

I noticed that the soundmod sseems to be contained within "Beyond Roman Glory". Is this correct? I have installed the soundmod, although I can't tell if it has worked. Is there a way?

My only other problem is deciding what campmaign to play and which faction. I just can't decide.

I did try starting a Romano Britones 432 campaign. And the a WRE 463 campaign, and played a couple of turns of each. My first impressions are good. Battles are very quick. But I am used to the long battles of RS.

Thank you again.

I appear to have downloaded and installed ok. The main mod and beyond Roman glory. Although I seem to be having trouble patch III. This seems to be because filefront is a bit crap really. Is the patch available on Megaupload?

I noticed that the soundmod sseems to be contained within "Beyond Roman Glory". Is this correct? I have installed the soundmod, although I can't tell if it has worked. Is there a way?

My only other problem is deciding what campmaign to play and which faction. I just can't decide.

I did try starting a Romano Britones 432 campaign. And the a WRE 463 campaign, and played a couple of turns of each. My first impressions are good. Battles are very quick. But I am used to the long battles of RS.
    The Patch III has a lot of additions. It contains two previous patches additions with important correction. I really would recommend adding it along with the rebel patch. They are quick dl. Battles I may have made longer by adjusting unit stats in the patch III also. I think I did this in the patch and not in BRG.

The soundmod within the DL is the appropriate soundmod for the game. During battles you will hear war cries that may give ya goose pimples

Gl any questions feel free and enjoy
    Last edited by Riothamus; November 26, 2008 at 05:28 AM.

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Hi Incontinenta Buttox,
    I'm glad that there is another player that want to be "caput mundi" and Beyond ...
    The SoundMod is contained inside BRG Mod Switcher version, but is a separated file for the BRG RAR version. In rio/data/sounds folder there would be another folder (sorry but I don't remember the name...) with several .mp3 and .wav files as proof of right installation of the SoundMod. Have you renamed the files events.idx and events.dat to oldevents.idx and oldevents.dat in rio/data/sounds folder?
    Concerning choice I agree with you that is hard which campaign and then which faction :hmmm:... As suggestion I can say that playing Romans factions you will face very hard tasks (probably the hardest with WRE) and you will be obliged to micromanage your empire due to the high units costs and upkeeps and to keep happiness of you guys... Barbarians are less expensive, anyway the economy management have to be made and anyway hard to keep happy...
    It's when your empire/kingdom become big that problems become to be... BIG ... you will not find people happy to see your troops in their lands...
    I'm playing Ostrogoths by 463AD and you can see it on "post your empire/kingdom here" thread (hope to see your campaign there soon ...) and when I thought that it was time to relax a little bit, someone remember me that outside there are a lot of people hungry of the blood of my Ostrogoths...

ayeaye Sir
    Last edited by margio; November 26, 2008 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by margio View Post
    Hi Incontinenta Buttox,
    I'm glad that there is another player that want to be "caput mundi" and Beyond ...
    The SoundMod is contained inside BRG Mod Switcher version, but is a separated file for the BRG RAR version. In rio/data/sounds folder there would be another folder (sorry but I don't remember the name...) with several .mp3 and .wav files as proof of right installation of the SoundMod. Have you renamed the files events.idx and events.dat to oldevents.idx and oldevents.dat in rio/data/sounds folder?
    Concerning choice I agree with you that is hard which campaign and then which faction :hmmm:... As suggestion I can say that playing Romans factions you will face very hard tasks (probably the hardest with WRE) and you will be obliged to micromanage your empire due to the high units costs and upkeeps and to keep happiness of you guys... Barbarians are less expensive, anyway the economy management have to be made and anyway hard to keep happy...
    It's when your empire/kingdom become big that problems become to be... BIG ... you will not find people happy to see your troops in their lands...
    I'm playing Ostrogoths by 463AD and you can see it on "show your empire/kingdom here" thread (hope to see your campaign there soon ...) and when I thought that it was time to relax a little bit, someone remember me that outside there are a lot of people hungry of the blood of my Ostrogoths...

ayeaye Sir
    Regarding changing the names of the folders. "Events idx", and "events dat". I changed the first one to "oldevents idx" as recommended. But the second one... I accidentally deleted. Will I get away with this? I haven't noticed any problems yet.

Rio,

Thanks for your replies again. I have a question about the scripts. Do I have to install the 4tpy script before reloading a saved game? Or did I only need to do this once when starting a campaign?

I also noticed an error message regarding Hunnic elite archers. ABout having a range of 140, when maximum range is 130.

I will try to cut n paste the message itself this evening.

Perhaps this is fixed in the patch? I will try downloading it again this evening, but filefront seems to have trouble finding it.

Thanks again

Regarding changing the names of the folders. "Events idx", and "events dat". I changed the first one to "oldevents idx" as recommended. But the second one... I accidentally deleted. Will I get away with this? I haven't noticed any problems yet.

Rio,

Thanks for your replies again. I have a question about the scripts. Do I have to install the 4tpy script before reloading a saved game? Or did I only need to do this once when starting a campaign?

I also noticed an error message regarding Hunnic elite archers. ABout having a range of 140, when maximum range is 130.

I will try to cut n paste the message itself this evening.

Perhaps this is fixed in the patch? I will try downloading it again this evening, but filefront seems to have trouble finding it.

Thanks again
    -Not sure bout the deletion and what may occur..possibly be missing certain sounds.

-When the error occur and does not allow you to load up the game? Don't think this should happen...but definitely download the patches for there are corrections.

-After saving a game and reloading only have to re activate the 4 turn script...not reinstall from the installer unless changing the campaign script from 463AD to 434AD or other way around.

Hope this helps ya.

Hi Rio,

Patch III is now a zip file on filefront. So I figured that out, but I sill can't get it installed right. The instructions are a little unclear to be honest.

I am also having trouble with the 4tpy scripts. I installed the 432 script and started a new campaign, but the date still says 463 on the campaign map screen.

I think it best if I uninstall your mod to be honest, and wait until BRG2 is ready and download that. Especially if it is all one download and fully patched. It should be a lot less trouble.