Thread: Beta Release v0.861 Bug Thread

Lord Condormanius's Avatar Artifex

Default Beta Release v0.861 Bug Thread

Please use this thread to report bugs.

Known issues:
    -Many region and settlement names are in French.
    -Unit cards and unit info pics missing for most new factions and some new units.
    -Padua appears as Middle Eastern settlement.
    Last edited by Lord Condormanius; November 26, 2008 at 03:33 PM.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Default Re: Beta Release v0.86 Bug Thread

I can't seem to build infantry barracks aka the option to build them is not even present except upgrading the ones in cities and they aren't even present in my castles. I tried playing France and Venice, both had this problem.

EDIT: Milan doesn't have this problem. It appears to be something to do with the factions not the cities themselves as I conquered a few as venice and the new cities couldn't build barracks either but when I did it as Milan they could.

EDIT 2: Well thats weird I tested a bunch of factions and was making a list but when I did it with the byzantines some of their towns worked and others didn't so now I don't know what to make of it.
    Last edited by AntaranDream; November 25, 2008 at 01:13 PM.

am playing now as sicily and did some battles with them and the general bodygard has none body textures you can see there helmets lances and swords but none body the same for the mailed knights when i look at the castle too recruit norman knights or dismounted norman knights i can not find them in the recruit buildings or they coming later in the game?the map is very nice

Quote Originally Posted by AntaranDream View Post
    I can't seem to build infantry barracks aka the option to build them is not even present except upgrading the ones in cities and they aren't even present in my castles. I tried playing France and Venice, both had this problem.

EDIT: Milan doesn't have this problem. It appears to be something to do with the factions not the cities themselves as I conquered a few as venice and the new cities couldn't build barracks either but when I did it as Milan they could.

EDIT 2: Well thats weird I tested a bunch of factions and was making a list but when I did it with the byzantines some of their towns worked and others didn't so now I don't know what to make of it.
    I will look into this. There are building prerequisites, some buildings are not available until later.

Quote Originally Posted by stevietheconquer View Post
    am playing now as sicily and did some battles with them and the general bodygard has none body textures you can see there helmets lances and swords but none body the same for the mailed knights when i look at the castle too recruit norman knights or dismounted norman knights i can not find them in the recruit buildings or they coming later in the game?the map is very nice
    Norman Knights become available in 1175. I just found the problem with the sicily texture...Idon't know what happened. I'll release another fix in about an hour or so.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Quote Originally Posted by AntaranDream View Post

You have to build farms before you can build a barracks.

-John G. Hartung

Default Re: Beta Release v0.861 Bug Thread

thanks for the information i did not know that norman knights come in 1175

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

I hope this is the right place for this

I have been experiencing a problem when I start it up. It starts up normal and shows me the Medieval 2 Total War splash screen , then after a couple of seconds I hear the sound of an error message (though I never get to see it) and then the screen goes black except for the hour glass. What can I do to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeys! View Post
    I hope this is the right place for this

I have been experiencing a problem when I start it up. It starts up normal and shows me the Medieval 2 Total War splash screen , then after a couple of seconds I hear the sound of an error message (though I never get to see it) and then the screen goes black except for the hour glass. What can I do to fix this?
    You shouldn't see the Medieval 2: Total War splash screen.

I can't believe I screwed this up...I'll have a fix uploaded in 5 minutes.

-John G. Hartung

Fix here. I had the wrong preferences file in the folder.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...58#post4050858

-John G. Hartung

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Thanks will try out now!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Condormanius View Post
    Known issues:
    -Many region and settlement names are in French.
    -Padua appears as Middle Eastern settlement.
    Do these two minor issues still exist? And if so will you LC fix them to the new patch of the mod?

If not I will be able to solve these issues once I download the mod when the newest patch comes out..

-HF-

Quote Originally Posted by HereticFang View Post
    Do these two minor issues still exist? And if so will you LC fix them to the new patch of the mod?

If not I will be able to solve these issues once I download the mod when the newest patch comes out..

-HF-
    I fixed Padua for the next patch. I have not yet fixed all the French region names. I plan to keep them for the regions in France, but change them elsewhere.

-John G. Hartung

I'm getting CTDs every 2-3 turns after hitting the turn resolution button. Bug began after the first 12 turns playing as HRE. Upon re-boot I am able to continue for another 2-3 turns and problem repeats.

Quote Originally Posted by fishcop444 View Post
    I'm getting CTDs every 2-3 turns after hitting the turn resolution button. Bug began after the first 12 turns playing as HRE. Upon re-boot I am able to continue for another 2-3 turns and problem repeats.
    A few questions:

1. Is the CTD right when you hit end turn, or is it after the rebel turn?
    2. Do you know which, if any units or buildings are due to be completed at the end of the turn?
    3. Can you post your error log?

-John G. Hartung

Yes it's on the rebel turn. Here's the last few crashes. The only things to be completed on the last go around was a merchant and a town watch building.
    Last edited by fishcop444; January 06, 2009 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fishcop444 View Post
    Yes it's on the rebel turn. Here's the last few crashes. The only things to be completed on the last go around was a merchant and a town watch building.
    I have not been able to reproduce this CTD. Everything seems to work fine for me. On what turn did this problem begin? Do you have any other mods of any kind installed with DoK?

-John G. Hartung

Another problem: I am using nonenglish version (german) and have the well known no-sound-for- northern-europeans (includung irish) problem. Copied vanilla sound folder to dawn of kingdoms (worked with other mods), but the game didn't even start. Any help, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Blutaxt II View Post
    Another problem: I am using nonenglish version (german) and have the well known no-sound-for- northern-europeans (includung irish) problem. Copied vanilla sound folder to dawn of kingdoms (worked with other mods), but the game didn't even start. Any help, please?
    I have to plead ignorance on this one. I am not at all familiar with this bug or how to fix it. I do know, however that copying the vanilla sound folder will likely not work since the mod uses altered files in that folder.

-John G. Hartung

ok, thanks. if i find a solution, i'll post it here.