Thread: Cheating my little heart out!

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Icon5 Cheating my little heart out!

Ok, a while ago I (again) stumbled across these cheat commands and I have checked them on MTW and the game actually does verify (sound effect) that it recognizes them and something happens. Now, my question is what? Is there anybody out there that knows what these do? Perhaps they actually do something useful for debug-purposes?!?

These are the two rascals I am talking about….

.miamivice.
    .booyakasha.

So far I only know this:
    ----------------------
    .booyakasha. = ???? (Shogun-TW command = fast build, MTW confirmation but no fast build, SFX boom)
    .miamivice. = ???? (MTW confirmation, SFX paper)

I am fairly certain that these do have some effect in the game, otherwise there would have never been an audio-confirmation for a correct command. But the big mystery here is; what happens?!? And for the record, yes I am well aware with the “usual” cheats, as in listed in the Froglady’s guide for instance.

- Cheers
    Last edited by Axalon; November 24, 2008 at 09:32 AM. Reason: I was cheating...

Default Re: Cheating my little heart out!

I've never tried .booyakasha., but if you want faster build times, .worksundays. should work too.

I've never heard of the .miamivice. command either.

Dominion of the Sword, a Medieval II: Total War Supermod
    Under the patronage of Archaon. Proud member of the House of Siblesz
    My friend died from chain letters. If you don't post this again 100 times, he will come and kill you in your sleep!

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Hi there Azim and thanks for trying,

Now, I know all about the ".worksundays." cheat so that's not a problem here.

Any other ideas? Anybody?!?

- Cheers

Axalon, here's what I can answer :

1. ".booyakasha." - this cheat sets the happy of the population of all the Player's provinces to 100 %, but these values are used only to check the possibility of reappearing factions, but does not affect riots in any way. If right-click on your province to get information , then the value for this province will return to the present value, if you click the "Economy" icon, then the values will return to the present for all provinces. I think that this is a useless cheat because these values are happy the population will be recalculated for all provinces before checking the possibility of reappearing factions.

2.".miamivice." - after the Player has entered this cheat, he will be able to change the vices/virtues of the King of the English (more precisely, the fraction declared by the name "FN_ENGLISH" in the campaign file) by pressing the 'F' key. But only the first characteristic changes and it must be developed to the basic level or higher otherwise the result it will be invisible.

3.".daggins." - I do not know if this command was mentioned somewhere, but in any case, it does not do this in MTW VI absolutely nothing. Probably some unrealized idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Axalon View Post
    Ok, a while ago I (again) stumbled across these cheat commands and I have checked them on MTW and the game actually does verify (sound effect) that it recognizes them and something happens. Now, my question is what? Is there anybody out there that knows what these do? Perhaps they actually do something useful for debug-purposes?!?

These are the two rascals I am talking about….

.miamivice.
    .booyakasha.

So far I only know this:
    ----------------------
    .booyakasha. = ???? (Shogun-TW command = fast build, MTW confirmation but no fast build, SFX boom)
    .miamivice. = ???? (MTW confirmation, SFX paper)

I am fairly certain that these do have some effect in the game, otherwise there would have never been an audio-confirmation for a correct command. But the big mystery here is; what happens?!? And for the record, yes I am well aware with the “usual” cheats, as in listed in the Froglady’s guide for instance.

- Cheers
    In general, I enjoy experimenting with cheats in order to achieve the impossible. The TW games are no different. I especially enjoyed using the spawn commands in RTW to create ridiculously overpowered army setups. (Imagine a combined army of spartans, camel cataphracts, urban cohorts, and armored elephants.)However, as a general rule, I wait until I have completed the game at least once. And after messing around for a while, I usually go back to doing without for the challenge.