Thread: Where oh where is the switch playable factions file?

Default Where oh where is the switch playable factions file?

I've been looking and looking and this poor sucker can't seem to find it. I want to try the principlity of antioch and my friend wants to try the mongols, where can I go to find these files? Maybe I'm just stupid e.e

aduellist's Avatar Push the button Max!

Default Re: Where oh where is the switch playable factions file?

In mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_strat.txt, at the top of the file.

Code:
    playable
    	england
     	france
     	hre
    	spain
    	venice
            sicily
    	milan
    	scotland
            ireland
    	byzantium
    	russia
    	turks
    	egypt
    	denmark
            norway
    	poland
    	hungary
            jerusalem
            lithuania
            teutonic_order
    	wales
    ;end
    ;unlockable
    end
    nonplayable
            papal_states
            portugal
            mongols
            antioch
            moors
    	aztecs
            timurids
    	slave
    end
    Just move the faction you want to play into the "playable" section and move another faction from "playable" to "nonplayable".
    Under the patronage of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one’s thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down." Frederick Douglass

Ive found that once i make the changes to this file and attempt to save it, the computer doesnt allow me too. My computer uses vista. Any Ideas?

Ive found that once i make the changes to this file and attempt to save it, the computer doesnt allow me too. My computer uses vista. Any Ideas?
    Right click on the descr_strat.txt and select properties. Next uncheck read only, click okay and then try saving your changes again.

Dave

Also check to make sure your UAC (user account control) is off for your specific user, or else, as I've found, you wont be able to edit the text files.