Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Carthage Reloaded - Full Pack Release

Default Re: Carthage Reloaded - Full Pack Release

Ok glossiness included, although just for Haer the rest of you will have to do without

The full pack is now in the downloads section, as I said earlier some of the models have changed so its worth downloading.

If you like the pack please leave a comment on the download page

Edit: if there are any problems just PM me and I'll do my best to help

I am happy your thred is among the best like Ferres one.
    Secondo I noticed the pack is bigger.
    Another thing. About the archer even if they are not shown in the pic in the downloafing section, do they have a card?
    Thanks for the work on those carthaginians.

Lü Bu's Avatar "Mightyest Man Alive"

Thread Stycked!
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    Check update thread for new HQ models
    My Workshop™

@ Emperor Domitianus If you downloaded the beta 1st release the archer cards were in there. I didnt include them in this pack though. If you need the UI cards I'll attach them and you can use the elephant archer as the model just change the skeletons. Its bigger because there are more than twice as many texture files (GLOSS) twice as many models (LOD), also the files I needed to make in mod foldered like maps and such make it larger (which makes it more accessable to new modders)

@ karlost123456789 Yes I'm very pleased . Aradan mentioned it but I didnt want to post it on the thread in case it didnt happen.
    Last edited by Hannibal Smith; May 06, 2009 at 12:32 PM.

Lü Bu's Avatar "Mightyest Man Alive"

You deserve styckied thread.Models are just amazing!
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    Check update thread for new HQ models
    My Workshop™

Quote Originally Posted by karlost123456789 View Post
    Thread Stycked!
    Fully deserved, in my opinion. Thanks again for this excellent pack.

Now...what faction next?

@ Hannibal Smith

good to see you sticked in friend . i hope to see more re-loads very soon they are top class. i am very happy to say that i am honestly your fan, but i assume you know that allready . come on people! give this man some well deserved +REPs for his great contribution !
    click?

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal Smith View Post
    @ Emperor Domitianus If you downloaded the beta 1st release the archer cards were in there. I didnt include them in this pack though. If you need the UI cards I'll attach them and you can use the elephant archer as the model just change the skeletons. Its bigger because there are more than twice as many texture files (GLOSS) twice as many models (LOD), also the files I needed to make in mod foldered like maps and such make it larger (which makes it more accessable to new modders)

@ karlost123456789 Yes I'm very pleased . Aradan mentioned it but I didnt want to post it on the thread in case it didnt happen.
    I would appreciate the cards, yes.
    So the archers for elephants are the same to use as foot?

Not quite the foot archers I has in the original pack had a quiver of arrows on their backs. However each arrow was a model rather than a box skinned as normal so the model was very big. The elephant archers are the same without the quiver and arrows.

coudl you attch me the foot archer with the quiver? Thx.

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Seconded,stickied,oopps forgot heh before.. Yes your work is excellent. I have computer probs this week or so so cannot use yet,but will credit you when things OK again and uploaded. *_* . I am trying for siege engines also-RTW,and found a 14yo Dutch boy that does excellent work,lol,in MTW2 threads. Anyway again best wisehs for your works,appreciated!!!

great work on Carthage! stickyed topics are better skins, so, you're in now!
    Click on my sig and check out my modelling works! Your opinion is welcome!

@ Emperor Domitianus
    Here is the original archer model.

Hannibal, this "reloaded" stuff, is this to be used in original RTW to replace the vanilla models, or? Real nice models/skins, or whatever these are called, impressive work

+rep

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbird Alkibijad
    Hannibal, this "reloaded" stuff, is this to be used in original RTW to replace the vanilla models
    Well kind of but they could be added to any mod that you want your just going to have to do the coding.

The original idea was to remake the vanilla Carthaginian faction, changing some elements that in the original game were under par, and lazy in my opinion (like the poeni and lybian infantry as well as some cav sharing the same model). However, I'm now having some ideas about making some AOR units and try to give carthage a little more variety. Or maybe some "what if" evolved units

Last edited by Hannibal Smith; May 08, 2009 at 11:16 AM.

Miles

However, I'm now having some ideas about making some AOR units and try to give carthage a little more variety. Or maybe some "what if" evolved units

Yes, yes, yes. That would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Panama Red 51 View Post
    Yes, yes, yes. That would be great!
    seconded!

I'm now having some ideas about making some AOR units and try to give carthage a little more variety. Or maybe some "what if" evolved units

Well, I think that some thureophoroi and thorakitai units would be a logical evolution of Carthaginian military, if they had managed to resist Rome some more time. At least this was the path followed by the Seleucids and Ptolemaics, according to some authors.

Of course, as all this is just speculation, whatever you decide will be great.

Just a little note to let you know of an oversight on my part. When I first uploaded my mod folder I have failed to delete preferences folder. This is not really a big deal, but will change the graphics setting on your game. So if you have already downloaded and play using the modfolder the just delete the preferences file yourself the game engine will make a new one next time you load the game. I have changed the files in the download to correct this.

@ Salvor Hardin

Thanks for the input, so far its just an idea but I'd already thought about making thureophoroi and Romanised poeni using roman equipment (would be similar to thorakitai).

Any sensible ideas will be taking into consideration, I dont pretend to be an expert. However my intention is not to make "fantasy" units, only plausible units.

Personally my instinct tells me that if Carthage had continued its prolonged struggle with Rome, then Rome itself would have been the major influence in how the Carthaginian military evolved. Either by romanising their forces ie imitation legions, or by adapting to counter Roman tactics which were heavy infantry based.

Outstanding work Hannibal!

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal Smith
    Personally my instinct tells me that if Carthage had continued its prolonged struggle with Rome, then Rome itself would have been the major influence in how the Carthaginian military evolved. Either by romanising their forces ie imitation legions, or by adapting to counter Roman tactics which were heavy infantry based.
    Indeed, Hannibal had them using Roman gear, and while granted that is a far cry from using Roman tactics, it is the first step. When you consider that Carthage had already revamped their military under Xanthippus in the 1st Punic War to take on Greek tactics, it is not at all hard to believe that they would do the same with Roman tactics at a later date.

Given that you might implement copy-cat legionaries using the Marian Event. Or just make them a high tier unit, so that they will not be recruitable until later in the game.