Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Carthage Reloaded - Full Pack Release

Default Carthage Reloaded - Full Pack Release

Carthage Reloaded Project

I have decided to undertake a modelling and skinning project. My aim is to totally rework the carthaginian faction, in much the same was as the roman factions have been done before, complete with officers and standard barers, unit cards and sprites.

I have decided that I will stay ture to the colour themes of the original RTW (blue/white), because I would like my units to be easily integrated into a vanilla game. Also for this reason I will not be adding any new units to the carthaginian roster just new models.

Once work is completed I will release the project for download, with no restriction on use! Units will be free to use in total or inpart for an project personal or publicly avalible mod, a mention in the credits would be nice .

Well for now at least I'm done the pack is ready to download

To DOWNLOAD follow this link to the downloads section

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=2393

Ive release the pack as a mod folder so Ive already coded all the units into the game. If you want to add them to an existing mod you'll have to do the coding yourself, but all the files are well named so it should be easy.

If you want to run the mod foldered version, then you'll need a clean RTW and place the CARTHAGE folder inside your Rome - Total War folder. Then right click your shortcut and select properties the add -mod:carthage to the target line it should look something like

Code:
    "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -mod:carthage

Ok first unit is the City Militia (updated version)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Ibeian Infantry (the breast plate is part of the model and not just the skin)

Updated version

Libyan Infantry (updated version)

Poeni Infantry

You will see that I have produced to versions of this unit one with a round shield and one with a more romanised shield. I think I prefer the round shield, but both will be avalible in the download. Maybe the romanised unit could be a later veteran unit.

Updated Version (remodelled helmet and shield also new face on the skin)

Carthaginian Sacred Band

Updated version

Thats all for now as I said Im currently working on the cavalry units and hopefully they will follow soon. I hope you like the units as there are more to come like it or not

As promised the cavalry units including elephants.

The horses used in these pictures are pins horses, as such will not be included in my download pack.

First the Numidian Light Cavalry (horse skin included will work with both pins and vanilla horses.

Updated Version

Next the Iberian Medium Cavalry (horse model and skin not included)

Updated version (new helmet face and solid shield)

The Sacred Band Heavy Cavalry (horse model and skin not included)

Updated version

Finally the Elephants (Forest elephant model from vanilla with new skin, the tower elephant is new model and skin)

I'm quite pleased with the tower elephant and will be making some armoured riders to go with it.

Balearic Slinger
    Updated

New entry to the project and I think for a little while the last (still got to reskin the lybian infantry but they're not new). Still intend to make some generals and standard bearers but I think I will upload them separately. So Ive made a kind of companion style cavalry for the generals bodyguard. Put a screen shot on a while ago but have tweeked the model since then

Officers

AOR UNITS NOT CURRENT IN CARTHAGE RELOADED PACK.

Have been making some aor units for carthage and have started with a gallic swordsman, which could be used as a merc or an aor unit. I have produced a different skin variation also using green instead of blue. This way the blue skin could be used for carthage as an aor or by briton, and the green could be used by gaul or as a merc unit.

Screen shot by Hesus de bodemloze.

Last edited by Hannibal Smith; June 21, 2010 at 11:46 AM. Reason: misplaced my elephant

Default Re: Carthage Reloaded WIP

It`s encouraging that people are still making new stuff for this game. Plus, the free to use/no conditions attached concept is something that should be in wider use. Good job!

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Those skins and models are brilliant!

very nice!

Great work! I cant wait to see Carthaginian Elephants

The Iberian infantry is absolutely fantastic. And thank you for making it public.

Great work Hannibal!
    Last edited by Aradan; November 24, 2008 at 02:57 PM.

This new Carthaginian troops are good. Try to improve at maximum you can.

Thanks for the comments! I've finished some numidian cavalry and skirmishers, also the sacred band cavalry which I will post when Ive finished the other cavalry units.

Sebulba's Avatar Miles

Very Nice skins Hannibal Smith

SUPERB SKINS! Just worried about one small thing, the Sacred Band sheild, looks a little ... Vanilla Would fit more if you took the other sheilds of your units and made it silver

Just a little suggestion
    Big "Diadochi:Total War" fan! Click HERE to download the full game, and the latest patch!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos_Ruler View Post
    "Lesbians" are people from Lesbos. The reason we call homosexual women "lesbians" today was because of the famous poet Sapho from Lesbos who extolled the virtues of female love. Just some FYI.

Original post edited to include some cavalry and elephant units.

Great work! I especially like the numidian cavalry and the elephant crew. The numidian archers are one of those units that get ignored by almost everyone. The tower elephant is also very detailed. You`re getting better and better.

EDIT: when do you plan to release the pack? After you finish the officers?

Think I will make the generals cav units and slingers also some armoured elephant riders and the put it online. That way it will be a working download and I can take my time producing some original officers and maybe some aor variations on units. So I hope I will have at least something ready to download in a couple of weeks Thanks for the comment Florin

You should work on the Carthaginian Citizen Hoplites and the Libyan Infantry....
    Are you going to do the Ceatratii or like Libyan Skirmishers. Also maybe, Balearic Slingers?
    There is alot to be done with Carthage, but I do like the Numidian cavalry and the elephants

Great work, Hannibal Smith. The Numidian units are really great.

Those are some great units specially the city militia and iberian infantry. Cant wait for this release.

Proud member of TFT.

elvesgorndahl's Avatar Libertus

Icon7 Re: Carthage Reloaded WIP

I like these new units very much! Thanks for your greak works!
    Especially the Poeni Infantry and the Sacred Band Heavy Cavalry, I like them so much that I cannot wait to use them in my game!
    United Federation of Chinorus Empire

Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast