Thread: NMA reviews Fallout 3

Default NMA reviews Fallout 3

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Default Re: NMA reviews Fallout 3

He likes it pretty well

did you read the conclusion?
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

blank's Avatar Campidoctor

That's the best review of Fallout 3 i've read
    My pony jumps ever so high

Odovacar's Avatar I am with Europe!

A new review written by a new idiot having no clue.

He whines that computers work 200 years after 2077 yet they did work decades and centuries after 2077 in the original series as well..
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB HORSEARCHER
    quis enim dubitat quin multis iam saeculis, ex quo vires illius ad Romanorum nomen accesserint, Italia quidem sit gentium domina gloriae vetustate sed Pannonia virtute

Sorry Armenia, for the rascals who lead us.

Ältester der Motten's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Odovacar View Post
    A new review written by a new idiot having no clue.

He whines that computers work 200 years after 2077 yet they did work decades and centuries after 2077 in the original series as well..
    That's about the only weak point of this review, really.

A good review. A few things I disagree with, but most of it is spot on. Much better than all the perfect and near-perfect scores it recieved from other reviewers.

-Neb

Argent Usher's Avatar [sɪθlɔ:d]

Nice review and i agree with him absolutely. IMO Bethesda's Fallout 3D is the better fitting name although the game plays in the fallout universe but it never reached the the old games - unfortunately.
    But it's not post nuclear waste of time.
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night.” Edgar Allan Poe

I like such reviewers. They always know better how to make anything than anyone else, yet they themselves produce what?
    quis enim dubitat quin multis iam saeculis, ex quo vires illius ad Romanorum nomen accesserint, Italia quidem sit gentium domina gloriae vetustate sed Pannonia virtute

Ältester der Motten's Avatar Primicerius

I like such reviewers. They always know better how to make anything than anyone else, yet they themselves produce what?
    They produce rather good reviews, apparently.
    THEY DO THEIR JOB WELL.

At least this one, it seems.

It's not about specifically programming a good game, manufacturing an awesome car, constructing unsinkable ships, it's about doing jobs right.
    And he was right with most of it, the rest was a matter of taste and that one little erratic criticism.

Fairly well done, to a much higher percentage than Bethesda did with Fallout 3, though it's still awesome (as he himself acknowledged).

My motto when posting in the E:TW forum.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

gambit's Avatar Gorak

Solid review. Pretty much said what all of us were thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
    You better take care of me, Lord. If you dont.. you're gonna have me on your hands

blank's Avatar Campidoctor

They always know better how to make anything than anyone else, yet they themselves produce what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    My motto when posting in the E:TW forum.
    That is so incredibly illogical that i don't even have anything to say...

Keep up the good work
    My pony jumps ever so high

Lawrence of Arabia's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
    Solid review. Pretty much said what all of us were thinking.
    "Us"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Empi Rapper View Post
    Go on Farnan, go and help those despicable thugs you call our soldiers to kill some of the poorest people on the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empi Rapper View Post
    Don't you realize that it is a good thing that so many British soldiers have already been killed as punishment for the invasion?

Not a bad review except for-

'Unfortunately, the combat system is mediocre at best and the only thing that could be described as "ing hilarious" is Bethesda's failure to come up with something interesting and engaging.'

Nonsense.

'The slow motion mode, called Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System or VATS for short, is equally uninspiring.'

Odd how I've been playing for in all abut 200 hours and VATS is still entertaining, hardly the hallmark of an 'uninspiring' combat system. The one thing that would make F3 combat perfect would be Ironsights.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

Quote Originally Posted by blank View Post
    That is so incredibly illogical that i don't even have anything to say...
    You know what is illogical?
    Illogical is to blame bethesda for the same logical fallacies which were already in every Fallout game
    Illogical is to claim VATS is crap
    And I could continue forever.

If people should try ever to do something instead of whining, and writing (writing my ass, everyone can write a review, thats not a job at all) they would understand that demanding is far more easy than creating.

Unless someone creates something he may not understand this simple fact of life ever.

Stalins Ghost's Avatar Citizen

That's an awful, ridiculous point. Journalists as independent bodies are essential to improving the quality of gaming as a whole.

If games reviewing came down to academic style "peer" reviews, it'd basically turn into them either sucking themselves off, or sucking the guys they want to get in bed with off. And we would thus lose out.
    morecuriousthanbold.com

I think reviewers are important. Critics are not. You shouldnt come onto a game with the automatic temperement that its a worse game then X or that whatever your not used to is bad or that because it doesnt specifically contain your interest it wont for everyone (in fact, that last one is the most important thing to know as a reviewer)
    "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance." - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

@Odovacar You call the reviewer a idiot but if you would be really the Wisdom-eating quack then you could better proove your opinons here with facts like the reviewer. ATM it sounds more like the enclave channel for me.

General the reviewer is surely a fallout fan but imo the most points are absolutely correct and more objectiv as in the usuall reviews in gamer magzines.

Not a bad review except for-

'Unfortunately, the combat system is mediocre at best and the only thing that could be described as "ing hilarious" is Bethesda's failure to come up with something interesting and engaging.'

Nonsense.

'The slow motion mode, called Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System or VATS for short, is equally uninspiring.'

Odd how I've been playing for in all abut 200 hours and VATS is still entertaining, hardly the hallmark of an 'uninspiring' combat system. The one thing that would make F3 combat perfect would be Ironsights.

Why nonsense if i compare with other genre typical shooters Fallout threedee is only mediocre there is no S.P.E.C.I.A.L..

The main problem FIII is designed for the masses this includes casual gamers and their systems (PC/console) and my biggest problem with FIII is the worth to play it again is near zero.
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night.” Edgar Allan Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Argent Usher View Post
    The main problem FIII is designed for the masses this includes casual gamers and their systems (PC/console) and my biggest problem with FIII is the worth to play it again is near zero.

I disagree I haven't played a game for a second time since Baldur's gate 2 until F3 came along.

The reviewer is posting on NMA, he knows he can't get away with bashing the game too much or it will look like he's simply got an axe to grind (as indicated by his childish remarks).

I disagree I haven't played a game for a second time since Baldur's gate 2 until F3 came along.
    Why should i play the main game again?

As usual in Bethesda games you have a "Jack of all trades" char (50 free skill points in each skill with books & Comprehension perk plus high luck and items = LOL) and each level a perk so what's the point for a replay?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast