Thread: College of Cardinals

Default College of Cardinals

Hi. I just wanted to ask about a little problem I'm having regarding the College of Cardinals. I am playing as Ireland and basically since Pope Gregory died, the second pope (Irish) would only pick Irish cardinals and now after the third (Scottish) and fourth (Irish) Pope, the College of Cardinals is completely empty. I haven't tested to see if this occurs with another Catholic faction yet but I thought I should inquire about it. Is this a bug? Also, how will a new pope be picked now?

Default Re: College of Cardinals

your to pious for your own good

the more pious your country your is, the more likely it is to have so many cardinals in the collage of cardinals.

Ha ha. I seem to be.

I know that part but why is it that I have no cardinals left in the College of Cardinals from any Catholic faction?

aduellist's Avatar Push the button Max!

If you toggle off FOW and look around the map, you'll probably see few (or no) priests and lots of heretics. At least that's what I've found in my games.

There are a couple of ways to approach this in descr_campaign_db.xml.

First thing that sticks out is these three entriesin the religion section:

Code:
          <max_heretics_per_region uint="1"/>
          <max_heretics uint="80"/>
          <convert_to_heretic_base_modifier float="3.0"/>
          <convert_to_heretic_unorthodox_modifier float="0.7"/>
    The max_heretics is total amount of heretics allowed on the strat map. Lowering it will help.

The two convert_to_heretic control chances of priests to convert to heretics. Lowering them should also help.

In the Americas campaign, for example, all the above values are set to 0 and eliminates heretics.
    Under the patronage of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one’s thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down." Frederick Douglass

Alright. I found that file. How would I change it though? I can't seem to be able to change it.

aduellist's Avatar Push the button Max!

Make sure it's not set as "read only" in properties. Then right click on the file and select edit. That'll open the file in notepad for editing. You should be all set then.
    Under the patronage of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one’s thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down." Frederick Douglass