Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: EB 1.2 Released!

Default Re: EB 1.2 Released!

I would like to ask 2things:
    1-I am Macedonia and Romans seem not to attack Greece,i played it on 1.1,do they attack in 1.2?
    2-When i play as Carthage i cant see Romani attacking Sicilia
    ok and a third one:
    1.2 is not savegame compatible with 1.1 games,ok,but i reloaded my mace campaign,it worked,shall i reinstall?

Busy!!!

1.2 IS savegame compatible, no need to reinstall.
    Go Minerwars Go! A 6DOF game of space mining and shooting. SAKA Co-FC, Koinon Hellenon FC, Epeiros FC. RS Hellenistic Historian K.I.S.S.

Hi, I found 3 Permanent 1.2 fixes that I downloaded from a link. They are all .zip files. I used winrar and 7z to try and unzip them and they said they are corrupt. Am I doing something wrong on my end or is it the files?

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Try deleting them and redownloading.

I just installed the mod. God I hope I did it properly.
    Gonna have to read a little before starting campaign coz I have no clue what's this about running a script when playing a campaign...Do I have to activate it each time I start the game and load the save? Or is it run before I load the save?

I've heard so much about EB, so I'll say in advance great job. Feedback soon, too. (Nice touch with license agreement "You agree to read more about history after playing" LOL!

Special thanks ti MAA for making the final push for me to download this mod!

Entropy Judge's Avatar Vicarius

I have no clue what's this about running a script when playing a campaign...Do I have to activate it each time I start the game and load the save?
    You have to restart the script each time you load the game, but it's not difficult at all - you just have to make sure you click a city, then the Advisor pops up to tell you to activate the script using the "Show Me How" button.
    I beat back their first attack with ease. Properly employed, E's can be very deadly, deadlier even than P's and Z's, though they're not as lethal as Paula Abdul or Right Said Fred.
    ~ Miaowara Tomokato, Samurai Cat Goes to the Movies

Hehe, that's pretty much what I did in Augustus multiplayer campaigns, tho it required to press F1 and then the ? mark to activate a script that does the save and allows next player play his faction.

Ok, please don't tell me I was supposed to install the "trivial" script and the other two also into the RTW folder where the EB is installed too?
    Last edited by Sunbird Alkibijad; April 08, 2009 at 09:11 PM.

Icon3 Re: EB 1.2 Released!

I don't think so. They should work wherever you install them.

Yea it worked. I started the first campaign with those Sabae, or what they called, the ones in the south of Arabia. I didn't save at all, and the game crashed after some 40 turns or so, I won a battle against Ptolemaic, and Rome stopped responding after I was returned to Campaign Map from battle.

The game looks amazing, and the amount of info is just stunning. I must admit it's hard to go along with all those traits, but the 4TPY is real nice.
    The problem with it tho...It takes quite a while to actually get an army(the population growth). I started the campaign with VH/VH. The battles are tough, tho I only fought rebels, and they were about 1:1 number ratio. Another note: The treasury went to absolute hell. I only recruited 2 units, one from the city, one mercenary. Then 2 cities rebelled( away from my faction) and the rebels joined me. The upkeep went off grid, and I was at -30,000 or even more at the time the game crashed (maybe total of 10 years(40 turns, or so).

I'm gonna start over from some other part of the world, the Sabae seem to take too long to get anywhere hehe.

Recommended difficulty is VH or H for campaign, M for battles. Anything about M battles gives bonuses to A.I., but it doesn't make the A.I. smarter. At VH, you will see elite troops get beat up by levies. And the Saba have to face the heavily equipped Seleucids and Ptolemeans with an army consisting mostly out of light troops, so they've already got enough of a challenge.

Upkeep in EB is very high: disband any troops you won't need in the next four or five turns. Especially fleets and apeleutheroi (the freed-slave unit) are cripplingly expensive.

But how am I supposed to defend myself then? Sabae start with one city, and until I conquer another city, I'm already about to hit bankruptcy. Or am I simply to go the most realistic way? Like raise the army only when I've accumulated enough treasury to support the troops until I conquer the next city, without going below zero, and then disband most of it once the war/skirmish is over?

I see there's gonna be some sleepless nights ahead of me...

Yes, pretty much. Or could start a campaign with an easier faction. If you think the Sabaeans are hard now, just wait until both the Seleucids and Ptolemeans declare war on you and start flinging stack after stack of heavy cavalry and infantry at you.

I don't find them hard. It's clear from the start that it takes 10 times the time to achieve goals with them then with the bigger factions. All it takes is patience.

ROFL Copter's Avatar Vicarius

Damn, torrent. Will just play 1.1 .

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

If you cannot download via torrent, visit the download section of the EB website for direct download mirrors.

I downloaded the v1.1 and the v1.2... exist any music pack, other updates, patches or submods?

Quote Originally Posted by Didacvs View Post
    I downloaded the v1.1 and the v1.2... exist any music pack, other updates, patches or submods?
    EB1.2 Fixes can be found here, submods here. I wouldn't try a submod until you first played the original mod, though.

Thank you, but the first and second link of the Fixes aren't active...

What about retraining? I usually remove a whole garrison just outside the city, then bring in my general and his army to retrain them. Will that effect public order if it takes a couple turns to retrain? And what about the Agoge?<sp> Taking the youngsters down to Sparta to train will effect public order?