Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: EB 1.2 Released!

Default Re: EB 1.2 Released!

Amazing mod, I love it. Thanks a lot, EB team!
    "No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full." - Sulla

fantastic mod!

Eusebius86's Avatar Miles

I downloaded and installed 1.2 over 1.1, but I don't think it installed correctly as when I play the game it still says "1.1" in it. I was supposed to install 1.2 over the previous EB folder right?

Yes, over the previous EB folder. Not in the Eb folder.

Check and see if you have an EB folder inside your EB folder. If so, delete it and install 1.2 in ...\Rome - Total War, just like you installed 1.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Mediolanicus View Post
    Yes, over the previous EB folder. Not in the Eb folder.

Check and see if you have an EB folder inside your EB folder. If so, delete it and install 1.2 in ...\Rome - Total War, just like you installed 1.1.
    My bad. I did originally install it in the Eb folder, not in the RTW folder... Now it's fixed and I'm up and running. Thanks!

So will those be a part of a new patch something like EB 1.3?. And if so, will this fix errors, add new features and stuff like that?, if it is, i am gonna be happy because in my roman campaign, i have a CTD when i try to end turn and it is really doing my head in.

Certainly no new features, EB I is done.

What's your problem exactly? I never get CTD's...

Well its pretty random, and it has happened afew times. Im right in the middle of a campaign, my most resent one was the roma campaign in 190 BC, i pressed the end turn button and i had a CTD and it said "rome total war has stopped working", also it happened in another campaign but it happened as i ended my turn, 1 of my ships was moving and i had 1. I dont have a clue why it keeps happening, i lost all my saves because of it .

Sounds like RTW memory leak to me.
    Both on the first and the second occasion. In my experience you should never let your own units move after end turn.

Why you lost all your saves because of it I don't know...

Although if they would CTD upon loading then it's another RTW problem. Corrupt save games. Not much you can do about that... Except saving at least once every year and keeping saves from at least ten years back.

The best mod ever made for RTW!!!
    Thank you EB team

I've been playing vanilla RTW since it came out and have beaten some 30 full campaigns. I just downloaded EB 1.2 and I must say that it is AMAZING!!! Sure, it's a ton harder than vanilla to keep track of who gets built where and choosing gov't types, but the game is so much more in-depth. I pulled an all-nighter the first day I downloaded EB... I'm loving this mod so much that I'm not paying attention to the ETW demo release date anymore.

Lord Feloric's Ambassador's Avatar Biarchus
    I live on a distant planet, a planet ruled by the Great Lord Feloric.

My Lord has noticed that the Sabeans refer to themselves as Carthagenians in certain even scrolls. Is this fixable? It's quite annoying.
    All Hail Lord Feloric

Ellin Athinaios's Avatar Campidoctor

Hello there! Congratulations, really amazing mod, and the most historically accurate one! I have one question... how can I modify the greek hoplites to use the phalanx formation? I tried through the export_descr_unit thing but it doesn't seem to work...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Feloric's Ambassador View Post
    My Lord has noticed that the Sabeans refer to themselves as Carthagenians in certain even scrolls. Is this fixable? It's quite annoying.
    Look in the text files to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellin Athinaios View Post
    Hello there! Congratulations, really amazing mod, and the most historically accurate one! I have one question... how can I modify the greek hoplites to use the phalanx formation? I tried through the export_descr_unit thing but it doesn't seem to work...

You have to change the back-up EDU when you've installed the trivial script.
    Last edited by Mediolanicus; February 21, 2009 at 09:46 AM.

Thanks for the reply! One more question... I changed the names of greek cities and regions in Greek (I mean using the greek alphabet), and after that there was no option for save or load when I started a campaign... I had to change them back again. Any help would be welcome!

Icon3 Re: EB 1.2 Released!

I am not sure what causes that, but you shouldn't change city names anyway because it confuses the script. This in turn will result in the A.I. not getting government buildings placed, thus crippling their recruitment.

Okay, I didn't know that. Thanks!

Taelok's Avatar Senator

I've played just about every RTW mod there is. This one is my favourite.

Only dream I ever have. Is it the surface of the Sun?
    Everytime I shut my eyes, it's always the same.

Parashar's Avatar Libertus

Just wanted to drop in and say that this mod is incredible. The information is so accurate and mind-boggling.
    Thank you