Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: EB 1.2 Released!

Default Re: EB 1.2 Released!

Yeah, I've been dying to hear the Phoenicians since 1.0. Good to see it at long last--most of the voice mods will work with EB II, won't they?
    Son of PW

Icon3 Re: EB 1.2 Released!

They will be included in EB2. There is little to no difference in the way R:TW and M2:TW handle soundfiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishmafia2020 View Post
    Fantastic Improvements! Unfortunately, I finally stabilized my Baktrian kingdom after weeks of conflict, so if I want to enjoy my hard earned peace, I won't try 1.2 yet... Who am I kidding? This is exactly the excuse that I need to blow off my family over thanksgiving and spend four days on my computer! Great job EB Team!!!

The turns are so much faster you'll soon catch up to your progress on 1.1!

On a side note.. this i really weird but my old campaigns don't crash when I run them, and I am certain it is EB 1.2...

Amazing increase of turn speed, love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Theodotos I View Post
    Looks great, guys! Never thought EB would have blazing fast turns. One note to those still installing: Run off the old 1.1 Single Player shortcut, not the new Run Europa Barbarorum. You try the latter and it will start looking for a file. Run off the old and it will appear as EB v 1.2.
    yeah i wonder why it doesn't work. i didn't want to use the trivial script at first but then the shortcut didn't work so i ended up using it

Indefinitely Banned

Awesome patch, thanks again! I'm also stunned/ecstatic by the fast end turns!

Shigawire's Avatar VOXIFEX MAXIMVS

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    They will be included in EB2. There is little to no difference in the way R:TW and M2:TW handle soundfiles.
    That's not entirely accurate. There is a significant difference. But it's a good difference. In RTW, each voice language is connected to each "culture" group, while in M2TW the voices are linked directly to factions.
    And in that sense, the problem arises: Sweboz, Aedui, Arverni, Lusotannan.. all speak Gallic (K-Celtic) for the General's voice. Because all these factions share the same culture.

In M2TW, we'll be able to have the Sweboz general speak Proto-Germanic, the Aedui/Arverni/Casse general speak Gallic, and Lusotannan general speak Q-Celtic.. etc. Voices are seperated into "accents" which are linked directly to factions.
    Last edited by Shigawire; November 26, 2008 at 01:56 AM.
    ------------------------------VOXIFEX MAXIMVS-------------------------------
    ------PROUD PARENT OF THE EUROPA BARBARORUM VOICEMOD-------

"To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will its true nature be seen." -The Amtal Rule, DUNE

Quote Originally Posted by Shigawire View Post
    That's not entirely accurate. There is a significant difference. But it's a good difference. In RTW, each voice language is connected to each "culture" group, while in M2TW the voices are linked directly to factions.
    And in that sense, the problem arises: Sweboz, Aedui, Arverni, Lusotannan.. all speak Gallic (K-Celtic) for the General's voice. Because all these factions share the same culture.

In M2TW, we'll be able to have the Sweboz general speak Proto-Germanic, the Aedui/Arverni/Casse general speak Gallic, and Lusotannan general speak Q-Celtic.. etc. Voices are seperated into "accents" which are linked directly to factions.
    cool!

Entropy Judge's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by mikil100 View Post
    On a side note.. this i really weird but my old campaigns don't crash when I run them, and I am certain it is EB 1.2...
    Haven't actually started playing yet, but I noticed that all my Family Members in my Romani game have the "Killed by Sabaens" trait ("The Sabaens killed him. He's dead." :rofl: ), and one of them is also apparently the defender of Gintaras-Ostan .... Probably just cause problems later on, rather than instantly crashing or anything.
    Last edited by Entropy Judge; November 26, 2008 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Smily fix

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

Hi guys,

Having major issues getting windowed mode to work on this. I've added the -ne line in the Single Player EB shortcut, but I get an error message about there needing to be a value before the game comes up in full screen, then completely stalls.

Any ideas?

RTW on it's own works fine with the -ne line.

My RTW resolutions are set lower than the native desktop.
    Last edited by Kaje; December 01, 2008 at 02:54 PM.

"Fixed CTD when choosing fate of a newly conquered settlement (if Lusted's theory is correct)."

Sorry, but there are still CTD when I choose fate of a newly conquered settlement. Not everytimes, in fact allways after a battle, but it's still annoying, because there aren't other solution than withdrawing, sieging again and retaking the city.

Anyone have any ideas with regards to the windowed issues?

Desperate to play it but can't without having access to other programs at the same time!

(Damn work......)

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Kaje, have you tried copying your vanilla RTW desktop shortcut (bypassing the trivial script) and adding " -mod:eb -show_err -ne" to the end of the target line?

That works perfectly, thanks dude!

EB team is my god !! Im gonna worship you till mah death :]
    Roma will rise again to take over the world from Northen Shores of Britannia to hot deserts of Arabia , from Iberia to the far Indus all people will bow to the power of mighty Roman Legions . Or Die .

:]
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Disregard RTW2 - acquire Europa Barbarorum 2.

Hey, CA - "Get Woke Go Broke" !

Proud owner of white skin and a penis - bite me.

Manoflooks's Avatar Senator

a bit confused, do i install it over eb1.1? like, just that?
    Men plan.

Fatelaughs.

See my AAR, From Kingdom to Empire-An Ottoman AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Manoflooks View Post
    a bit confused, do i install it over eb1.1? like, just that?
    Yes. If you have any submods installed, it becomes a bit more tricky, though.

I have question what is faction persian reform in mod??

The Persian reform is the second reform of the Hayasdan (Armenian) faction. It's essentially a take-over of the original Persian Empire.

Why the armies Hayasdan most of Armenian not the persian