Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122

Thread: EB 1.2 Released!

Default Re: EB 1.2 Released!

Quote Originally Posted by Victor_Baratheon View Post
    I just downloaded this mod and installed it 4 times, everything working except the seasons it just says spring,summer or fall then goes to winter and back. Can anyone help me i followed a guide and everything.
    You have to look at a changing trait on an FM's bio to see the actual season.

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

Thankyou for the awesome work.
    Last edited by gaunty14; July 10, 2014 at 06:17 AM.

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

I'm excited to be playing this while the new version comes out for MTW2. The mod holds up very well, with the units very responsive, and honestly sometimes I wonder why I put RTW 1 aside when MTW2 came out. It's very fun and a true challenge.

Wow, mercs are super expensive. Who can afford them?
    Last edited by RubiconDecision; July 11, 2014 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RubiconDecision View Post
    I'm excited to be playing this while the new version comes out for MTW2. The mod holds up very well, with the units very responsive, and honestly sometimes I wonder why I put RTW 1 aside when MTW2 came out. It's very fun and a true challenge.

Wow, mercs are super expensive. Who can afford them?
    Anyone who's focused on setting their economy on a stable footing first. Like getting rid of ships and vanity units (elephants, elite cavalry, etc) at the start while you engage in the early game. By the time I get to around 250BC in most of my games, I'm swimming in money and queuing up buildings just to make sure I don't get economic-incompetence traits appearing in my FMs.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Anyone who's focused on setting their economy on a stable footing first. Like getting rid of ships and vanity units (elephants, elite cavalry, etc) at the start while you engage in the early game. By the time I get to around 250BC in most of my games, I'm swimming in money and queuing up buildings just to make sure I don't get economic-incompetence traits appearing in my FMs.
    Think about that. If you have expensive units in the beginning that hamper the economy, then the descr_strat isn't set up optimally, right?

There's no free upkeep in RTW1 as there is in MTW2, so upkeep is WAY HIGHER and maybe the costs are not scaled ideally either. I agree, you can get the economy in line, but why not make the beginning balanced from turn 1 then add deductions to money later, rather than creating a conundrum AND making the player chose to lose defensive units in order to accomplish it. Seems like the incorrect way to lead to the Punic Wars.

There's four EDB main attributes for income: trade over land, sea trade, taxes and farm income, and these work out later. Technically taxes are ahistorical for Roman citizens. So boosting the beginning descr_strat Treasury that is utilized to keep existing units and build infrastructure, but not give vice traits for the Treasury until after so many turns. It's why I'm exploring altering unit costs and upkeep because they seem WAY TOO HIGH.

High trade income encourages Peace, as it well should, and war harms the economy from lack of trade. So making the chief source of income to be Trade and way higher would actually be more accurate and make things more stable in the beginning, for no one wants settlements so much that they ruin Trade that's helping get the infrastructure built. See?

Likewise the merc costs are the highest I've ever seen.

The way the engine works is subtracts proportionally from the largest settlements to pay for upkeep, and since many settlements in turn 1 are large, then lots of negative income, and that's not right. If three settlements have negative income that's understandable. If all have negative income, that's deadly and means finding a revenue stream, and this means blitzing, which is counterproductive to a historical mod. You want really strong AI infrastructure and units because of armorers and weapons makers, but they can't afford it, so maybe alter the economy AND give better starting values for unit attributes from turn 1, especially since the AI is bad about retraining.
    With either an inflation script and/or traits then the unit costs can change based upon the robust nature of the economy. So the EDU can have much lower initial values for creating a unit and for upkeep, but then when that inevitable glut of money comes in as you've stated, then reduce the Treasury by those mechanisms. It balances out versus high starting costs and upkeep, the major drains on the economy in the first 30 turns. You shouldn't have to take territory to balance out your economy. The initial starting settlements for the Romans should probably pay for themselves, as it should for the other kingdoms, and so removing an impetus for blitzing.
    Last edited by RubiconDecision; July 11, 2014 at 02:39 PM.

I think the the descr_strat is set up perfectly, having expensive units at the beginning give you the firepower to be able to start conquering, which is imperative for some factions or you can disband them and build up your economy, its about choice. Not everybody turtles. Like if you took away some of the better more expensive starting units for some factions like Dacia, Pontus, Armenia, it would be impossible or extremely challenging because it would take too long to build your econony up before you were able to recruit on the same level as nearby factions that will soome come knocking.
    Last edited by the man, the myth, the legend; July 13, 2014 at 07:05 PM.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

I want to try EB on my new PC, I've never played it before... on my old PC I was playing a campaign with Franks (Barbarian Invasion), can I continue it with EB installed? This MOD, EB, modifies just RTW or also the expansion?

Moreover, if I install EB this BUG-FIXER -> http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...expansion-pack is needed? Thanks for your help.

I fyou have gold edition I doubt yuoll need that Unofficial bugfixes that traces back to 2005.

You can still play vanilla RTW or BI. You only need eb 1.1 , eb 1.2 and the EB 1.2 fixes.

What are these fixes for EB 1.2? Where can I find them?

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Sigur Rós View Post
    What are these fixes for EB 1.2? Where can I find them?
    Hi, it's in the FAQ here. They fix some sprite problems, some generals not able to recruit them and script fixes.

Anyone can tell me how to uninstall EB? Using the standard uninstaller isn't enough, the EB folder, along with other files, still remains.

Really nice work.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

It's with great pleasure that the Modding Awards Committee informs you that this mod has been awarded in the recent 2016 Modding Awards, as seen here! Please feel free to stop by and check the list of all the winners.

Also, don't forget to check
    here for more details about how to promote the victory of your mod.

If any question about please feel free to use the
    Discussion thread.

Flinn,
    On behalf of the Modding Awards Committee
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Archived
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.