Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PRO DEO ET REGE II VIDEO PREVIEW: Basileia tōn Rōmaiōn

KaerMorhen's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE II VIDEO PREVIEW: Basileia tōn Rōmaiōn

Excellent work (as usual I'd say) without people like Socal and his hard work the M2TW-world will remain dull and boring!!!

+rep

nce_wht_guy's Avatar Vicarius

So the Romans get these units and two others?
    Support Russia!

All of your new units(most ) have multibel amour upgreads. Is that also whit the byz empire and if that is correct can we see some sreeny's of them. (what the differece are)

Perhaps you can also change how the shield looks (see hungarn mod whit amour upgread also the shield change that is not whit your new factions (just a suggestion))

very good units socal! bravo!

d.

Zmaj od Noćaja's Avatar Miles

Everything is great, music in preview is fantastic, but it's a Slavic orthodox song for a "Holy Trinity" (russian-slavic version which is also used in Serbian churches), then there's Byzantine, and then again slavci song. It's not big a deal...anyway - good job!
    Last edited by Zmaj od Noćaja; March 03, 2009 at 04:52 AM.

Zmaj od Noćaja's Avatar Miles

When is this mod being released?

that video is a masterpiece, truly a piece of art... and the music is totally awesome

maximius serbus's Avatar Civis

great video,when it's going to be released?

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Thanks for kind words. Rep D Need. He made that video. I just made the units.

Mod will be released when it's all done. I'm hoping for Summer release. But you never know. Especially since I am the only person working on it at the moment and I have my hands full. The map is taking some time, but I could not be more pleased with the province list I have. Even though I extended the map to Samarkand, there is really only one province from my list that I will have to make a decision to cut...

Indefinitely Banned

I'm so looking forward to fighting with the new Roman line up matey.

Are you including Xeryx' excellent AI and BAI as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony83 View Post
    I'm so looking forward to fighting with the new Roman line up matey.

Are you including Xeryx' excellent AI and BAI as well?
    Of course, it will have to be tweaked and adjusted to account for the new map, but I think it should be able to handle it!

Monarchist's Avatar Civitate

Greetings to you Socal, and all the others who seem to be working so hard on this amazing project. This is my very first post on TWCenter, though I have browsed its pages for a few months. The first thing I must say is: "bravo!", and I would add an "encore", but you are already developing 2.0 !

The reason I use this thread as my first post on this site is that I wish to give respects to you and your idea, as well as D|need's video. Ever since I was very young, I was taught about the magical and spicy word "Byzantium". The idea and images of Constantinople and the Golden Horn completely astonished me; pictures and paintings of the grand, sweeping view over the Bosporus which the city commands have inspired me. All I think of when I imagine the word "medieval" is this city of majesty and unrivalled Roman preservation. As you have no-doubt found from your studies for this mod, at least, the "Empire of the Romans" of 330-1453 married Greek, Jewish, Western, and Muslim styles of music, architecture, and even military tactics! Something about this mysterious and sublime place in history has given me tears in my eyes before, and the grand video which has been assembled here brings back my nostalgic wonderment.

Your shifting of the credit to D|need for the video effet is unjust, however, for you have obviously given many hours of work to this beautiful project! To bring back the reality of Toxotai, Athanatoi, and all the variations of swordsmen and cavalry is a great dream of mine. Something about the glittering stone from the sea of Marmara and the sound of Koine Greek echoing through the halls of that marvel of humanity still inspires me through this modification! I often forget, in my love for this preview and mod, that you are focusing on dozens of other factions! How great is this detail and beauty, that even a trained bard could not describe what you are bringing back.

In this project is not merely a fun mod for a game, but a preservation of our common human history in digits and images! It makes me very happy that people like you and all your contributors are still working to keep our species' grandeur and history alive through accuracy; it is the accuracy and striving toward realism that most impresses me! The only shame I feel is that I've come late to this forum, and everything seems to be finished. History is a passion of mine that will never end. If you ever need another hand to research history and write up lengthy, obsessively detailed reports and ideas, be sure to think of Thomas Hospitaller, who will come to your aid!

This is a nice forum, by the way.

Super!

I play usualy with mods from IV-VII century (The late antique in my opinion; Ithink medival times came with Arabic conquest, advent of Islam and usurpation of Karolings and papacy) But'll try the latter period especialy when this mod has AORs, historic realism and units almost as prety as Broken Crescent but hole not half of the empire as in former. BTW The video is much better than intro to vanila as epic as LOTR.

What is new in this mod?is there any progress?

Quote Originally Posted by maximius serbus View Post
    What is new in this mod?is there any progress?
    A LOT NEW.

All new map stretching to Samarkand in the East.

All new factions with all new rosters:
    1. Serbia
    2. Toulouse
    3. Kypchaks
    4. ?
    5. ??
    6. ???

All new tech tree.

All new Roman rosters

All new Knights and Sergeants.

Tons of new units.

Plenty of progress. It's all behind the scenes though since I'm really the only one working on it. So the last thing I have time for is previewing stuff. I really need a PR person

Great job Socal ,If you need help with Serbian history,names,family tree let me know,I would be happy to help,if I can

WOW! What music is that? I just love it!

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Magnific!!
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

A bit old preview, I know, but still, completely breathtaking. Finally a Roman Empire we can be proud of (as long as you don't screw up the stats that is )

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast