Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: SPQR 7.0 RELEASED!!!

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Default Re: SPQR 7.0 RELEASED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by franks_tank View Post
    2 legions to beat gaul entire?...I also think taking gaul is not that that hard but 2 legions alone are nothing...do you play with houserules and script?

EDIT: OK I see you retrain Premarius armies anytime...that will probably work
    this won' t work becous in gaul it s only possible to retrain hestatie, so if you only use 2 legions you need to send them back to north italie.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Hesus de bodemloze View Post
    this won' t work becous in gaul it s only possible to retrain hestatie, so if you only use 2 legions you need to send them back to north italie.
    You could work with mercs or hastatii only instead...when you attack a full stack gaul army with 2 legions in this kind of setup you would still win...at some point you have loads of money to spend and if you replace any troop right away or just have a bunch of reinforcements right after your legions it won't be a problem if you act fast enough

I like to handle them just like postmarian troops...you might lose some battles and generals but it's a challenge

where is the fun in using mercenaries and conquering gaul with a blitz? o well we all play ower games different.
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

cnaeus's Avatar Centenarius

my legoins dont have principes in them i just use a second line of hatati for more of a challange and the rest of my troop i only throw into combat in a way that the dont loose many so i only have to retrain some hastati sometimes
    but after i took gual with them(im talking about my 6.4 campaign now) the were so experiensed that the were almost better than principes

Challange Macedon, and die trying

Quote Originally Posted by Hesus de bodemloze View Post
    where is the fun in using mercenaries and conquering gaul with a blitz? o well we all play ower games different.
    yeah there is none...I agreee...it's just the way I understand cnaeus gameplay (I might be wrong)

But that is a possibility...I played my first campaign in vanilla like that probably but thats something we all like to avoid I guess

well i only fight gaul this way and its just because i want to conquer it with flavius and just pretend he's caesar
    after taking gaul and flavius is almost dead i'll start making war on other faction in a normal way

cnaeus,

if you wan' t to play it caesars way you should use the republican legions, you should conquer iberia (spain) first becous you can recruit the famous x legion over there. this is how i am going to do it. i won' t invade gaul before i have republican legions and the x legion.
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    SPQR Forum Moderator

i also have to do it different this time because somehow i'm not able to kick ass in battle as much as i did in 6.4

is carthage stronger perhaps in 7.0 or something?

24Gamer's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by cnaeus View Post
    is carthage stronger perhaps in 7.0 or something?
    No, you may just have made a mistake or were unlucky...

Did you cheat before? Moddify the text files and forgot? lol
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

dominic's Avatar Libertus

hello!
    thanks, lt, for this excelent mod!
    intro_movie is amazing!!! great work!
    Now questions:
    1. as written in README, it is necessary to activate script every time you download save and start new game. I began new campaigne and activated script. When I tried to download save of this campaigne, I called the advisor and didn't see "click on SHOW ME button", just other info, not as was during starting game. Is it normall?
    2. in what time I can recruit princepes and triarii? I don't see upgraded baracks in building tree.
    3. how to getting peace with gauls? is it possible?

thanks

1. You have to activate the script every time you load a saved game. The advisor won't tell you that again, after he die once at the beginning of a new campaign.

2. You need to upgrade your cities to the 3rd level, then you should be able to build the next level barracks, which will give you the opportunity to recruit princeps + triarii. Don't know the exact building names at the moment.

3. It may be possible to get peace with them if you offer them an huge amount of money. But be careful, with the SUperfaction addon you cannot declare war as you want unless the senate does not allow that.

thanks, 24Gamer!
    to tell the truth, it is first time when I face really great problem, playing for Rome, and only try to survive....:hmmm: playing vh/vh...
    there is any force_diplomaty for this mod?

Remember the recommended difficulty is M/M

I remember, but often play in vh/vh...
    Have begun play so in this mod, 'cause passed so "classes" like EB in vh/vh, RS in vh/vh, and played SPQR of early versions in vh/vh...
    at this time I think I made a mistake:hmmm: The mod became more difficult as early, I think

You cant win the game at VHVH OR H/H you need to play at M/M or you cant finish your campaign the mod get Harder later in the campaign. Also alot of mods along time ago did VH/VH because CA had the difficulty mixed up and VH/VH was actually Medium/Medium. lol

I suggest Starting a New game and IF you really want a challenge as your CLAIM play by the Houserules and you WILL have a touch game.
    Lt_1956

For the first time the Carthagians seems to defend sicily in a nice way, never actually saw so many troops on that island before. I's really nice to have a challenge by conquering sicily for the first time...

I assume the Legion lost. lol
    Lt_1956

Quote Originally Posted by dominic View Post
    hello!
    thanks, lt, for this excelent mod!
    intro_movie is amazing!!! great work!
    Now questions:
    1. as written in README, it is necessary to activate script every time you download save and start new game. I began new campaigne and activated script. When I tried to download save of this campaigne, I called the advisor and didn't see "click on SHOW ME button", just other info, not as was during starting game. Is it normall?
    2. in what time I can recruit princepes and triarii? I don't see upgraded baracks in building tree.
    3. how to getting peace with gauls? is it possible?

thanks
    capua is the first city where you can build you provincional barraks it takes 8 turns to build the pro concul thing and an other 2 turns for the barraks.

peace with gaul is not possible. becous thy are set on agressief

@ 24gamer : good luck with sicilia lol hoe you got more then one legion out there.
    Last edited by Hesus de bodemloze; November 22, 2008 at 10:07 AM.
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    SPQR Forum Moderator