Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.5 released

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: 1.5 released

It is Lurker. All Med II mods are, in my experience.

Welcome to TWC.

How can I get onto the .cfg file without changing it to txt because I made a copy and changed the main to .txt I edited the windowed bit to true however it wouldn't save...

I'm using vista.

Indefinitely Banned

I don't use Vista but what I would do, using XP, is right click on the file and go to properties and make sure that the file is not read-only. Then right -click again on the file and then select "Edit with Notepad", make your changes, and that would be it. Find Vista's equivalent process and you should be OK.

lol, I can't find anything.. anyone know how to do this? XP is so much easier with handling files !

Ightenhill's Avatar Senator

Thanks for this..I have to say its my favourite Mod ever and has even prompted me to register and put those thanks in writing...
    Last edited by Ightenhill; February 14, 2009 at 05:43 AM. Reason: trying to get sig to work

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

AGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Clicked this from main page thinking it was BC!

Now i'm here though, it looks good, think i'll download
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

I'll even add a new sig..

E8400 on Asus P5N32-E overclocked to 4.00ghz with arctic cooling
    POV GTX 285 XP (SP3) Crucial Ballistix 2gb DDR2 RAM

Quick question.. No matter what settings I set for graphics in the options, it always resets on restart.. Do i get around this by altering the config file manually or will this cause problems..

E8400 on Asus P5N32-E overclocked to 4.00ghz with arctic cooling
    POV GTX 285 XP (SP3) Crucial Ballistix 2gb DDR2 RAM

You'll need to edit the config file manually.
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

I try to start this game after faithfully following all the instructions, and on the first splash screen it just crashes back to my desktop. On top of that, after the installation no shortcut was automatically created.

And ideas? I use Vista.

After you change the for_king_or_country.cfg file into a .txt file by renaming it, how do you change it back to a .cfg? Renaming it doesn't do it...

EDIT Figured this out elsewhere, stupid question...
    Last edited by Wolfgang von Zweibrücken; March 01, 2009 at 12:45 AM.

hull19's Avatar Ordinarius

wow, this is a great mod. good work!

@AlphaDelta. Rep is definitely coming your way. This mod is amazing! It is the first mod I've played for MTW2 that takes it towards the musket v musket warfare of the 17th century and makes MTW2 feel like an entirely new game. I love the music, it suits the mod perfectly.

A couple of questions however. Since money seems to dwindle pretty rapidly (playing as the Parliamentarians at least), how do you make more money, or is it a case of 'keep your armies alive, because once they're dead, that's it'?

OK, that was only one question! Anyway, this mod has really whet my appetite for Musket v musket, so which other mods are there that cover this sort of period? (I haven't got ETW yet, waiting for it to be sorted out).

Back to that rep. Here it comes!
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

SonOfCrusader76,

Look through all of your settlements and see which ones have strong support for you, then move out those garrisons and merge them into your armies.

Go after a couple of large towns or cities and you'll start bringing in a fair few thousand more. Becareful though, 5 or 6 of the larger towns have garrison scripts and if you have to pull away from that settlement after the garrison spawns then you're going to be facing another full stack on the battlefield.

Use your starting 10,000 to build 3 or 4 economic buildings, they really do help.

Taking Oxford will give you a monthly cash bonus because of it's treasury.

Don't let your starting armies get wiped out, they have experience bonuses and you'll want to keep them upto strength.

Lastly, try to enjoy the challenge! The way the country was sliced up between Royals/Parliament makes it very difficult to prevent enemy forces entering your territory. Also I tried to make FKoC deliberately tough by giving the AI big cash bonuses that help it to build large armies.

Good luck!
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

Thanks!
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Lemming69's Avatar Semisalis

how do i uninstall it? just out of curiousity (Not that I want to uninstall this brill mod)
    Last edited by Lemming69; April 03, 2009 at 09:00 AM. Reason: I gave the impression that i disliked the mod

Open your M2TW folder, find the fkoc folder, select it and delete it.

nigelnire's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfCrusader76 View Post
    OK, that was only one question! Anyway, this mod has really whet my appetite for Musket v musket, so which other mods are there that cover this sort of period? (I haven't got ETW yet, waiting for it to be sorted out).

I think the only other Musket v Musket would be the hopefully soon to be released European wars 2 for MTW2 Kingdoms it looks really good check it out.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=189792

AlphaDelta I love this Mod its superb and I have played it for hours on end. Thank you so much for all the work you put into it. You produced a masterpiece.

tobi_808's Avatar Civis

It's more fun to play FKOc than Empire, really !

- but one question: is it possible to mod the tight formation of the infantry, in that way, that the man stand really close to another, like in 18th century ?

I'm just interested in, because i would like to see, that close formations marching ahead ...

- is there any chance - any possibility in a .txt or whatever or is it hardcoded ?

but one question: is it possible to mod the tight formation of the infantry, in that way, that the man stand really close to another, like in 18th century ?
    Yes but if this will result in the men bumping into each other and slowing down the rate of fire as they revolve ranks.

- is there any chance - any possibility in a .txt or whatever or is it hardcoded ?
    It's quite simple to change. Open up the export_descr_units.txt and search for a musketeer unit, say roundhead stamford musketeers. Find this line:

formation 1.2, 1.2, 1.6, 1.6, 3, square

Change it according to these rules:

;
    ; formation soldier spacing (in metres) side to side, then front to back for close formation
    ; followed by the same measurements in loose formation.
    ; followed by the default number of ranks for the unit
    ; followed by the formations possible for the unit. One or two of
    ; square, horde, schiltrom, shield_wall, phalanx, testudo, or wedge

So in FKoC each man stands on the corner of a square 1.2M x 1.2M.

Cheers