Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.5 released

Default Re: 1.5 released

1.5 http://postdownload.filefront.com/12...5eac0171b284d6
    is thw whole mod or a patch ?

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Judgment View Post
    It's the whole mod mate: all you need to install on top of Med II for a damn fine game.

Now i can play it , but why it is in a window ? I have problems in moving the camera during battles .

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Judgment View Post
    Now i can play it , but why it is in a window ? I have problems in moving the camera during battles .

To disable the Window mode. Find the for_king_or_country.cfg file.

Open it up and go to the very last line.

Change: windowed = true

To: windowed = false.

Save the change and restart the game.

everytime i try installing the mod, the files are always corrupt. it is also always a different file, filefront sucks.

Goto moddb.com or forkingorcountry.com, there are mirrors.
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

Hi, I'm having a slight problem, after installing I don't get an icon on the desktop and the only thing I can find to click on in an attempt to run it is a batch file, is that the right thing? It's just that when I click it says to insert CD?

Yes you're clicking the right icon.

You need to put in your M2TW cd, not your kingdoms cd.
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

Thanks, it's working great and I love the mod.

Shadrach's Avatar Miles

Awesome mod, just tried it, great work!

Just one thing; to avoid people having to edit the cfg manually, and not be able to change any settings in-game, why not use a minimal one:

Code:
    [features]
    mod = for_king_or_country

[misc]
    bug_report = true

[io]
    file_first = true
    Thats all I have in my for_king_or_country.cfg.

This way the rest of the settings are inherited from medieval2.preference.cfg and can be changed, as the game changes this file anyway... I got annoyed at not being able to change settings so I had to try this.

It works for me at least

The Danes, I swear, with their half arsed attempts at a 'war'. You gotta give it to 'em, they just dont stop trying. Listen, I've fought the Timurids, ever heard of them? Elephants with cannons on their backs. Yea, Timurids. You guys are like kids on tricycles compared to them. -REZ

I can't get this to work. I installed it to the mods folder (the for_king_or_country folder is there and all) but it just doesn't work. When I open the M2TW launch window, the selection for FKOC isn't there.

Am I doing something wrong? Does the mod just not work with Steam?

The time to kill is now.

nvm
    Last edited by Pink Beard; January 22, 2009 at 10:26 AM.
    E:TW's natives have developed a new "Ballistic Automatic Detection And Seeking System" to utterly annihilate any European that sets foot on their soil... That's BADASS for short!

Shadrach's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Beard View Post
    Can anybody help me?
    my game is in windowed mode, I know i have to change the last line in windowed = false but i can't save it (using Vista)
    there's no option to run it in administrator mode (and yes i'm on the administrator account) :hmmm:
    stupid acces denied

help appreciated!
    Is the file read only? Right click on the file - properties - make sure "read only" is *not* checked.

Also if you have a functioning M2TW installation, try to delete everything below "file_first = true" in the file. But then you have to be able to write to it first

@SUICIDEsilence13: You have to start the "for_king_or_country.bat" file, you can't start it from the launcher (I believe).
    Last edited by Shadrach; January 22, 2009 at 09:31 AM.

The Danes, I swear, with their half arsed attempts at a 'war'. You gotta give it to 'em, they just dont stop trying. Listen, I've fought the Timurids, ever heard of them? Elephants with cannons on their backs. Yea, Timurids. You guys are like kids on tricycles compared to them. -REZ

nvm
    Last edited by Pink Beard; January 22, 2009 at 10:26 AM.
    E:TW's natives have developed a new "Ballistic Automatic Detection And Seeking System" to utterly annihilate any European that sets foot on their soil... That's BADASS for short!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrach View Post
    Is the file read only? Right click on the file - properties - make sure "read only" is *not* checked.

Also if you have a functioning M2TW installation, try to delete everything below "file_first = true" in the file. But then you have to be able to write to it first

@SUICIDEsilence13: You have to start the "for_king_or_country.bat" file, you can't start it from the launcher (I believe).
    When I try and start it from the .bat, all it does is open the same launcher. Do I need to turn off the launcher? And if so, how do I do that?

The time to kill is now.

Shadrach's Avatar Miles

No idea mate, the bat file should have only one line:
    medieval2 @for_king_or_country.cfg

Thats it... are you sure you've patched the game to the latest version?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrach View Post
    No idea mate, the bat file should have only one line:
    medieval2 @for_king_or_country.cfg

Thats it... are you sure you've patched the game to the latest version?
    I've got it for Steam, so I would think so. It opens the bat file normally, but the problem is that it goes to normal M2 rather than FKOC

The time to kill is now.

the day EB 1.1 came out i actually had a party with my friends, we got drunk and i ended up puking on my keyboard

goes to show you kids, NEVER DRINK AND CONQUER!

reply to post 2

Shadrach's Avatar Miles

Keyboards are cheap, better to party all out

Quote Originally Posted by SUICIDEsilence13 View Post
    I've got it for Steam, so I would think so. It opens the bat file normally, but the problem is that it goes to normal M2 rather than FKOC
    Try searching the forums for "steam", seems its a common problem with many potential solutions. One says you could create a desktop shortcut to M2TW and then modify it adding the "@for_king_or_country.cfg" line after.

I dont have steam so can't really test myself...

Lurker's Avatar Miles

I didn't look through the whole thread, just the first post and the last page.. But.. Is this mod-foldered?