Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: 1.5 released

ipwnu678's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: 1.5 released

apparently the mediafire link you posted is malicious?

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

I can assure you my mediafire link is not malicious, the fact that no-one has posted here raging at me for giving them adware and malware is pretty good evidence of that.

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

gaunty old chap, i cannot find a file that says 'exe' anywhere.

None of the mirrors work for me. "File not found" it says. It's a shame, I was really looking forward to playing the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by King Bolinha I View Post
    None of the mirrors work for me. "File not found" it says. It's a shame, I was really looking forward to playing the mod.
    Nevermind, I used Gaunty's mediafire link and it worked. God bless you Gaunty.

Many thanks for this fine mod. Had some cracking fun with it so far. Thanks to those who have posted fresh download links to keep it alive too. Gaunty's link was spot on.

However I am having a few issues. I'm not grumbling, for free this is a damn fine product! Might help in case any new version is in the works though or someone else is experiencing same.

Fresh install of medieval patched to 1.2. The download I got did not have an exe so copy/pasted it into the main folder, changed the cfg to full screen and it started fine using the for king or country batch file.

The issues are in the campaign. I have the ctd at the devon bridge which is well documented, however I get the same crash in several other places too. Did a complete reinstall as above purging entire Sega folder first. Still seems to occur however. More specifically it has recently been as Royalists mid-late 1642:

1)Rupert(R) besieging Northampton (P). Tried assaulting the town on 5 separate turns and each time I got "unspecified error".
    2)Between Farnham Castle and Reading. Rawdon(R) vs Essex(P) in open field battle. If I attack Essex I get the above error. If I move reinforcements nearby and have them instigate the attack with Rawdon as reinforcements I get the above error. If I do not attack, Essex attacks Rawdon when I end turn, get above error. If I retreat Rawdon and then fight, same error.

In both of the above an autoresolve does not result in error but does result in crushing defeat. This seems to occur about once in 5 or 6 battles. It is not game destroying as I just have to take an autoresolve defeat every so often although it does mess my strategy up and increase the difficulty.

Unfortunately no error reports are created in log files when the game crashes making the cause a complete mystery.

If anyone has got a solution (which I cant see through reading posts and searching) it would be much appreciated. If not thanks for a fine mod nonetheless.

God save the King!
    JTH

Quote Originally Posted by leonn View Post
    gaunty old chap, i cannot find a file that says 'exe' anywhere.
    Ah wait the .exe may have been in the original mod file, mine is just the folders and files packaged together, in that case just drag and drop into the main med2 folder nad boot it up with the .bat file.

How come error file not found? what have i done wrong here?

Which link were you trying to use, the original ones are dead but never fear as I have provided.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7m...ountry_1_5.exe

Okay.....were you responding to anyone specific, or posting in the wrong place?

'bat file'..? gaunty old chap,do remember your talking to an ork here! and i cant tell you what pictures went through my head at that sentence..

My god Leon.....

Do you have file extensions enabled, if not then its a tad difficult to help you, its a file called FCOK.bat, next to another file called FCOK.cgf.

by k/t
    M2 should be patched to 1.3
    Maybe that was a reply to me... I patched to 1.2 as the readme says patch to 1.2 OR 1.3. As far as i was aware 1.3 was just a small patch to give online compatibility with the Kingdoms expansion which i don't need. Could that be the problem?

Ive managed to clarify the main issues a bit more.

I don't seem to be able to play ANY siege battles whether defending or attacking, sallying or defending against sallying, even affects open field battles where reinforcements are coming from a city. It will just CTD with unspecified error.

Also cant fight Essex(P). Every single battle against him will just CTD. He has a full stack which autoresolve cant defeat and combined with the no siege bug which means i cant stop him taking towns, he is playing merry hell with the Southern Royalist counties.

1.2 is fine, but 1.3 doesn't hurt.

No idea mate, there should be a log file in the main med2 folder (/logs) that will hopefully say why its crashing. I've never experienced those sorts of crashes on this mod so I hate to say the obvious but your best of having a clean reinstallation of FCOK.

would that be the windows batch file??

Thanks for the rapid reply gaunty mate. Unfortunately i don't get any error reports generated in the logs folder. I now save before every battle to give me a chance to reload and autoresolve/retreat if it crashes. This means i can repeat the crash a couple of times to try to get an error log but it never generates.

I did do a complete reinstall from scratch after first having the issue but the same mysterious errors occurred. Can't hurt to try again though, ill also give the 1.3 patch a try. I wonder whether it may be generating the error logs in a different folder as i do have some issues with windows 7 splitting progs between the /programfiles and /programfilesx86 folder.

@leonn: That sounds like the right one. Mine is called "for_king_or_country" "windows batch file" "1kb". I did a right click - create shortcut - drag to desktop - right click - assign fcok.icon as the image... seems to launch ok with caveat of above errors.

Quote Originally Posted by leonn View Post
    would that be the windows batch file??
    Most likely dear boy. How exactly have you managed to play this mod beforehand? Given that the method of startup has never changed.
    Last edited by gaunty14; July 24, 2014 at 11:27 AM.

Thank you to everyone involved in this mod which I downloaded and started playing today. The amount of time and effort and detail that has gone into creating are just unbelievable. It really is very much appreciated!

Not sure if AD still browses these dusty hallways but yes it is rather enjoyable.