Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 217181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: 1.5 released

Default Re: 1.5 released

what ho gaunty!
    yep,here i am trying to get this thing working (still!). so, i copy\pasted the files into my mtw2 folder.
    therein sits ye batch file famed in song and story which i duly clicked, ever faithful to your instructions. the batch file flickered briefly on my screen and then..nothing. all was silence.
    i thought i'd download it again from your latest link and..the dl failed..3 times. not my internet as i just dpwnloaded the 1648 mod and that all went swimmingly.
    so, do you have any further thoughts on what i may have done wrong?

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

Hmm...no idea sorry old bean.

*by the way Leonn, I saw your post and I noticed you only talk like this on the this forum, I'm very disappointed.

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

i cock snooks at you sir! i'll not be impuned by a cockscomb such as yerself!

ok gaunty my ever patient fellow haunter of this forum,im going to try this one last time.

if you will indulge me only once more (me word upon it,sir!), instruct me as if i were a luddite orc (which in fairness i am) what download do i use for this and how and where exactly do i install it? if this time i fail then shall i give up, never to return. face it, you'd miss me! cheers

Okay I'm downloading the .exe and installing it myself, I'll let you know how it goes.

edit: Okay my installation worked absolutely, point the .exe to \SEGA\Medieval II Total War and click on the FKOC batch file.
    I remember that the sometimes having the clock in windows automatically adjust for daylight savings can cause MTW2 to crash for some reason., that may be a reason why since they changed recently?

I honestly have no answer for you Leonn, does any log file generate at all when the game crashes?
    Last edited by gaunty14; November 10, 2014 at 05:58 PM.

nope,ive not managed to install it at all! i will d'l it again. from your last link? the exe, is it named that in the zip file? if not,what does it look like i.e will it say 'exe' when i puts me mouse pointer on it?

in fact,if you have the time would you explain exactly how i should install it. (left click right click styley!) ive just done 12 nights straight throwing idiots through doors and im not thinking straight. i seem to not be able to do this right! cheers

No the file I downloaded was just the 1.5 .exe and not the zip file (that might be why your crashing, I'll find the download link for you)

Okay Leonn, if you use this little critter http://www.mediafire.com/download/7m...ountry_1_5.exe, the mod should work.

how does one post screenshots? i'll show you where this has installed.

You would need to embed them as images which you have either uploaded via the website, or hosted on imgur etc. Download the .exe I posted and see if it works, and point it at your main MTW2 folder and it should work.

heres a thing. i recently dl'ed the 1648 mod. i thought it would be a pain as its in 3 bits with patches but it installed with no probs and plays fine. while trying to find my mtw2 bloody folder i found that the 1648 mod is in a 'mods folder' along with americas,teutonic etc. is that where our mod is supposed to end up?
    looking for my mtw2 folder, what i normaly do is my com>program files> and look for mtw2. i cannot find it when i do that!

"SEGA\Medieval II Total War\for_king_or_country" is the installation directory, point the installer to the "SEGA\Medieval II Total War" and the mod will create the FKOC folder by itself, don't move it into the mods folder unless you edit the batch file to look into the mods directory (which you shouldn't do unless you know how).

How can you not find your MTW2 folder?

old bean,as i may have explained i have been heaving drunken idiots through various exits for (now) 13 nights straight. so my stellar skills are perhaps not at their peak! i pasted the path you put in above and it verily went to the mtw2 directory (which i have now found,so consider a snook duly cocked in your general direction!) , so now what do i do? click this batch file thingey?

Yes, it is called "for_king_or_country.bat". Assuming you installed the .exe to the right place and MTW2 is fully patched there is no reason why it shouldn't work.

aahh. i have mtw2 gold. when i put it on,i read in a forum that having done so it would be fully patched. having looked again i discover that it is in fact patched to 1.4 and not 1.5. i assume trying to retrofit the patch will not work? if so,should i uninstall the whole game and mods and try installing and patching fully,then install mods various?

I think that is Kingdoms rather than MTW2 as I have the gold edition as well where both of the games are on a single disc. The mod works for versions 1.3/1.2 of MTW2 I think.

If the Thirty Years war mod works then there is no reason why FKOC wouldn't, as the former uses Kingdoms and the Kingdoms expansion automatically updates MTW2.

ok. but i click on the bat file,i see it briefly then nothing. all is where it should be.

just checked mtw2,all working. so's the 1648 mod and lands to conquer. so i dunno!

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

I have this mod installed for some time on my PC, but now it decides to crash to desktop when I load Custom battle and campaign games?

I also tried a fresh install of thus mod into my M2 with kingdoms directory and still no joy? Any ideas on problem?

I think this is the problem in the system.log: 08:28:46.476 [data.invalid] [error] BATTLE_MAP_AREAS unhandled situation : See Charlie
    Last edited by ToonTotalWar; December 15, 2014 at 02:30 AM.

Hiyo

I have no idea sorry for that particular crash other than redownloading the installer and reinstalling it.