Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: 1.5 released

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: 1.5 released

Quote Originally Posted by gaunty14 View Post
    Hiyo

I have no idea sorry for that particular crash other than redownloading the installer and reinstalling it.
    Ok it seems that Custom Battles I got working now but I get this error in campaign game:

[data.invalid] [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.

Edit: weird it's now working ok both in custom battles and campaign game!
    Last edited by ToonTotalWar; December 15, 2014 at 06:04 PM.

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

Good to know, that error pops up occasionally when MTW2 apparently exceeds a computers graphics/memory. It can be quite random.

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gaunty14 View Post
    Good to know, that error pops up occasionally when MTW2 apparently exceeds a computers graphics/memory. It can be quite random.
    That is exactly what the error was!

Now I can enjoy a nice campaign over Christmas watching my Newcastle boys stampeed on the southerners!! Lol

so I have the disk version of M2TW and also bought the steam version. I have Kingdoms as well, and had that loaded on my HD before I brought the Steam version without. Bought Steam so I didn't have to mess with the disks. Then really want to play ECW battles, so I came to FKOC.

Have tried to get it to work with the Steam install, but that did not work. I uninstalled the HD version and reinstalled just M2TW, then downloaded FKOC 1.5 without Kingdoms and extracted that in the M2TW folder. Only have a shortcut that seems to be active for anything, and running it just shows the flash screen of the flags and the cannon for a moment, and then nothing.

I have Windows 8.1 and M2TW still runs fine. What am I doing wrong?

Sorry for just seeong this post.

Hmm....well firstly, are you running the latest patch for MTW2 (v1.3)? Secondly, have you tried the general reinstall, then redownload and reisntall just incase you missed something?

I installed it just like described, but when I try to launch it from the bat file it opens for a few seconds then crashes. Does anyone have a fix for this?

There are a couple of things, firstly is User Account Control turned on or off (if its on then turn it off), secondly sometimes my MTW2 will crash if daylight savings is enabled on windows....for some reason so make sure that its turned off.

Other than that reinstall, then redownload and reinstall, and your game is definetley patched to 1.3?

Why it cant download? It's just white page. Nothing happens

I mean that download on first page

Its dead, there are new links on the previous pages.

*inhales....Sir you are new here (so hello and welcome :suprise: ), but there is a download link five posts above yours. In future please read the posts above you a little bit before asking a question.

I apologise if this seems terse but it gets rather annoying to do this constantly to numerous people.
    Last edited by gaunty14; August 08, 2015 at 07:58 AM.

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

Having a little trouble trying to run this mod. I've just downloaded it from the link posted to this page. Whenever I try to open it, whether via the batch file or the shortcut, it produces a new window which eventually shows the opening screen, with the mod's name and the cannons and such, then 'Medieval 2 has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.' I run SS, TATW:MOS and EBII, none of which have this error. I've tried reinstalling, same thing happens. My reports folder is filling up with two new entries every time I try to open the mod. Would it help to post one here?

EDIT: Hang on, I've just had a thought. I'm using Steam. The first post makes no mention of Steam. Is that where I'm going wrong? If so, any idea what I'm meant to do differently? I've also noticed the separate thread for running this mod with M2TW Kingdoms. If I have Kingdoms installed (which I do), is it essential for me to use that?
    Last edited by Boogie Knight; August 08, 2015 at 04:54 PM.

Yes, this version doesn't work with Steam (there is a version somewhere on the sub-forum, but I have no idea if the link is active), you will have to use the MTW2 disc or the combined gold edition disc.

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

Confound it all! Curse this insipid technology to the fires of damnation!

*Ahem* Yeah no worries mate, thanks for the tip. I'll have a look for that link for the Steam version. Shame though, as this war is, to me, by far the most fascinating war in English history and probably all of British history. Still, if it doesn't work I can always try 1648 for the same style and era of history.

Please, how to install? I love civil war . I tried to put it into Medieval II Total war folder, that didnt work. Then I tried to put it into mods folder inside Total war, didnt work . If I click on for_king_or_country bat file(or what is that) it opens and then crashes. If I try cfg or link file, it opens again and crashes. I want to play this mod Please help

And I have steam version. SO it will not work for me?

I could buy only M2TW only on Steam. And I cant find any fix

The links in this thread will not work with Steam, there are links somewhere on this sub-forum which you can find if you search, but I have no idea if they are active or if they work.

Do you have any other download links? It seems rapidshare has been shut down.

Greetings Lozer, here is the link, handy hint for the future, look at the previous posts in on the last couple of pages and you'll see I've posted this link quite a few times.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7m...ountry_1_5.exe

Hope you enjoy the mod, tis rather good.