Thread: Alx.exe...Is anyone else playing this mod with it?

Default Alx.exe...Is anyone else playing this mod with it?

I just got this mod to work with the Alexander engine. The main benefit I have seen is the AI combining armies, which makes for larger engagements as opposed to many smaller, tedious battles, I have yet to see huge improvements in the AIs battle behavior, but was curious if any in the ATW community has experienced anything worth noting.

Campidoctor

Default Re: Alx.exe...Is anyone else playing this mod with it?

Would you share how you got it to work with Alex? I'd love to play on the best available RTW engine.

I'd be happy to.....

For starters my vanilla Rome - Total War folder contains unmodded RTW, BI (1.6), and Alexander.

1. I copied my vanilla Rome - Total War folder and renamed it Arthurian - Total War.
    2. Installed the ATW 0.6 per instructions
    3. Installed the ATW - TRF 0.7 per instructions
    4. I installed the ATW add-on music pack (optional)
    5. Copied the chat_filter.san from the Arthurian - Total War/Alexander/data folder to Arthurian - Total War/bi/data folder
    6. Created a shortcut with the following path : "Arthurian - Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -nm -show_err -mod:bi -noalexander

***The -mod:bi is the critical part! This tells the Alex engine to use the files in the BI folder.**

Thats pretty much it. Another optional step is to add the immortal trait to the character trait files. If not modded, your faction leaders won't die of old age. I can upload these files pre-modded if requested.
    The engine will run pre-Alexander ATW save games, but not the other way around. Also note that the ATW historical battles will not load.

Campidoctor

Well shucks, thanks a lot buddy. Much appreciated.

No problemo. I've attached the archive containing the character trait file mods to disable the 'immortal' behavior.

Just extract it to the ATW folder.

Campidoctor

You sir, are a good sir...... sir...

where is link to play alex? :/

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Latin Patton View Post
    No problemo. I've attached the archive containing the character trait file mods to disable the 'immortal' behavior.

Excellent - if you didn't do that last bit then all your family members would be immortal (unless killed in battle).

Quote Originally Posted by dmo26 View Post
    where is link to play alex? :/
    You need to buy Alexander Total War.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

link too alex fix so i can play this mod on alex engine i hav alexander :/

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by dmo26 View Post
    link too alex fix so i can play this mod on alex engine i hav alexander :/
    All you need is in post #3 and #5 in this thread. What more do you need?

I'd be happy to.....

For starters my vanilla Rome - Total War folder contains unmodded RTW, BI (1.6), and Alexander.

1. I copied my vanilla Rome - Total War folder and renamed it Arthurian - Total War.
    2. Installed the ATW 0.6 per instructions
    3. Installed the ATW - TRF 0.7 per instructions
    4. I installed the ATW add-on music pack (optional)
    5. Copied the chat_filter.san from the Arthurian - Total War/Alexander/data folder to Arthurian - Total War/bi/data folder
    6. Created a shortcut with the following path : "Arthurian - Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -nm -show_err -mod:bi -noalexander

***The -mod:bi is the critical part! This tells the Alex engine to use the files in the BI folder.**

Thats pretty much it. Another optional step is to add the immortal trait to the character trait files. If not modded, your faction leaders won't die of old age. I can upload these files pre-modded if requested.
    The engine will run pre-Alexander ATW save games, but not the other way around. Also note that the ATW historical battles will not load.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here