Thread: Battle time limit

rogergargantua's Avatar Senator

Default Battle time limit

Can you turn battle time limit off in your current campaign? I cant seem to find it in the preferences.txt file.

It's such a stupid unrealistic thing......like in real battle there's this clock that ticks away time and decides who has won, haha!

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Default Re: Battle time limit

Right before you start your campaign, there's the option for battle time limit. You must start a new campaign if you want it changed.

Miles

Yes, you can just press ESC key and go to game options and put a tick on " No campaign battle time limit".

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Ah well.. I guess I haven't fiddled with that for a while, you're right!

Quote Originally Posted by rogergargantua View Post
    It's such a stupid unrealistic thing......like in real battle there's this clock that ticks away time and decides who has won, haha!
    I used to think that way.

And then I got spammed by an AI faction who refused to build siege equipment.

Even a handful of his heavy cavalry was impossible for me to beat, but they could just sit outside the walls and wait. Of course, it's suicide for me to even approach them. But what choice do I have? They can sit there FOREVER.

In a real battle, the attackers would need food, water, and supplies. They couldn't sit outside the walls of a city indefinitely, waiting for the garrison to sally forth.

So there's an alternate, yet equally realistic, explanation for leaving it ON.

rogergargantua's Avatar Senator

Mmm....thats true!

Good point there, Htismaqe.

decimator22's Avatar Vicarius

I use timed battles as if not seiges get buggy buggy and computer doesn't attack and sit there without doing nothing... or in some battles it is supposed to be attacking and it doesn't do sht.

Quote Originally Posted by decimator22 View Post
    I use timed battles as if not seiges get buggy buggy and computer doesn't attack and sit there without doing nothing... or in some battles it is supposed to be attacking and it doesn't do sht.
    Yep. If I didn't know that the AI is stupid, I'd swear it was taking advantage of the fact that it knows you won't wait forever and will eventually throw your men onto it's spears...

Barend's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
    I used to think that way.

And then I got spammed by an AI faction who refused to build siege equipment.

Even a handful of his heavy cavalry was impossible for me to beat, but they could just sit outside the walls and wait. Of course, it's suicide for me to even approach them. But what choice do I have? They can sit there FOREVER.

In a real battle, the attackers would need food, water, and supplies. They couldn't sit outside the walls of a city indefinitely, waiting for the garrison to sally forth.

So there's an alternate, yet equally realistic, explanation for leaving it ON.
    The same thing happened to me a few times . The enemy vastly outnumbered me in a bridge battle, but refused to attack me. Luckily I had the time limit on.
    But does anyone know when the enemy doesn't attack you? Because in this battle they were clearly at an advantage. And why does the AI attack your city when he doesn't have siege equipment (read: when the AI is Scythian )?
    a šumšu la zakar-
    -The past is taught by those who win-

decimator22's Avatar Vicarius

Na but sometimes it gets like 100 meters of the walls with ladders their about to invade and then sit there waiting to die with arrows... So it gets boring as you know go out and get killed or wait 40minutes until timer runs out or it dies hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by decimator22 View Post
    Na but sometimes it gets like 100 meters of the walls with ladders their about to invade and then sit there waiting to die with arrows... So it gets boring as you know go out and get killed or wait 40minutes until timer runs out or it dies hehe.
    I'm not waiting 40 minutes under any circumstances.