Thread: 4 Player fun with Alexander expansion pack

JackDionne's Avatar Senator

Default 4 Player fun with Alexander expansion pack

I thought I should post this to generate some interest in the Alexander expansion pack. Myself with Cluny, Selifator and Xavier played a couple of multi-player games. It was a lot of fun doing something different from Rome. Here are the screen shots;

3K needs to have an Avatar Campaign!!!

Default Re: 4 Player fun with Alexander expansion pack

We used Xavier's rules. I don't remember them now, could you post them Xavier?
    We used 30k per side which gave us 15k each.

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

It was my KotH. 7 max archer type units. 4 HAs maximum, 4 chariots maximum. And yes, it was very fun.

king-nord's Avatar Ordinarius

Got the game and all that, just only ever played online once, and all due respect found it a bit bland.

Team Paullus

Quote Originally Posted by king-nord View Post
    Got the game and all that, just only ever played online once, and all due respect found it a bit bland.
    I guess some people might not like the fact of the limited number of factions. Other than that the factions do have a variety of units with distinct traits. For most of us it was the first time we played it in the multi-player mode.

What you should see it as, is just more factions to play as. I can't really accept ATW as a game of it's own, but as an expansion to the amount of factions for online play, it's good. And if you play with good players, there is enough you can do with the factions. Barbarians and Indians are a bit limited, but Macedon and Persia have a lot of units and can form a lot of different armies.
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

Indefinitely Banned

I played ATW a handful of times, it was unqiue experience I believe. Not to bad though, but not as good as BI in my opinion.

Yeah, the factions aren't perfect, but then again a lot of the factions in BI are the same, in ATW all the factions are different. And that makes the battles fun, not perfect but still fun. And ATW has a lot of historical battles, see the Ares tournament for more.
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.