Thread: Mod...

Default Mod...

I'm looking for a mod focusing on the empire, does this one go into detail? If not, are there any others?

Default Re: Mod...

Unfortunately, although there are plans to portray some interesting events of the Empire, we are still in the Late Republic. I guess that the best option is Invasio Barbarorum (IBFD) and its spin-offs.

Much as I know, besides the mods that focus on the late empire/late antiquity, there are only mods that reach the early empire(first century ad) starting from the republican era. Like Res Gestae, Roma Surrectum and I think SPQR.

So there arent any that touch Augustus, Tiberius, Cladius, or Nero?

Those that I`ve enumerated and many others reach 1 ad or go further. So, yes, they "touch" those emperors you`ve listed. But they all start in the Republic. Plus I`m not sure whether you`re actually looking for a role playing game with historical characters and missions like the frre mods are. If that`s what you want the number of mods with these kind of settings are few. Most mods just let the player do whatever he wants and since they span over many centuries it`s hard or impossible to make the game in its later stages to reflect the real history.

Touche.

dqualk's Avatar Civis

Does Christianity make an appearance in this mod? As in can I convert the empire before Constantine lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    2My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom
    I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

nop

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

We are all Pagans

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

... and enjoying it
    ... as you can have for each life-area one unique and fitting god
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Yea, in my part of the world it is Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by bucellarii View Post
    Yea, in my part of the world it is Sir Alex Ferguson
    That Sir, is blasphemy!!!! You are only allowed to mention Mars, Venus or Chelsea in this forum!!!!!!

Good grief!

It has been a long time old friend. Welcome 'home' and I promise not to mention Moscow

How is life in the dream job?

If you are bored let me know. Salvor and I are still working away together. A few KA special's for Marius-Sulla would be an unexpexted and welcome bonus

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

I think the year of four emperors would of been good with the Rise of Vespasian to the throne of Rome, however i am not sure since it is a very short reign unless it could start with the Jewish Revolt in 66AD and finish at the time of the Batavian Revolt in 70AD. Prehaps You use turns instead of Years for the campaign.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_of_the_Four_Emperors

After all i think it would be very popular and lots of missions would occur too

Quote Originally Posted by bucellarii View Post
    Good grief!

It has been a long time old friend. Welcome 'home' and I promise not to mention Moscow
    hahaaaahaaa

How is life in the dream job?
    Life in Germany is good thanks Buc, very busy last 8 months working on 2010 collections, but slowed now, which is welcome!!!!

If you are bored let me know. Salvor and I are still working away together. A few KA special's for Marius-Sulla would be an unexpexted and welcome bonus
    Well it's been a while since 3D's Max has worked on your detailed briefs........what do you require.........

KA

Quote Originally Posted by jackwei View Post
    I think the year of four emperors would of been good with the Rise of Vespasian to the throne of Rome, however i am not sure since it is a very short reign unless it could start with the Jewish Revolt in 66AD and finish at the time of the Batavian Revolt in 70AD. Prehaps You use turns instead of Years for the campaign.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_of_the_Four_Emperors

After all i think it would be very popular and lots of missions would occur too
    I agree. It is a very interesting time period and there are some gorgeous Imperial units (Ferres' and Prometheus' come to my mind at first thought) demanding a mod devoted to them. As you say, the timeline is very short, but we could add more than 4 turns per year. And it was considered in the original plan for the FRRE project so, who knows, perhaps after Marius vs. Sulla...

@King Arthur: nice to see you around. We have missed you and your art

Life in Germany is good thanks Buc
    Great stuff, I'm really pleased for you

Well it's been a while since 3D's Max has worked on your detailed briefs........what do you require.........
    I will PM you buddy on Friday or Saturday with a few suggestions

As the song says, The Boys Are Back in Town

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Salvor Hardin View Post
    I agree. It is a very interesting time period and there are some gorgeous Imperial units (Ferres' and Prometheus' come to my mind at first thought) demanding a mod devoted to them. As you say, the timeline is very short, but we could add more than 4 turns per year. And it was considered in the original plan for the FRRE project so, who knows, perhaps after Marius vs. Sulla...

@King Arthur: nice to see you around. We have missed you and your art
    Yeah i think that would be excellent for the first time a mod truly devoted a great time in the Imperial Era with the fall of Nero, Jewish Revolt, Batvian Rebellion and the Rise of Vespasian.
    Maybe the timeline could go as far the death of Vespasian to make the mod more interesting indeed, since you could Arigcola and try to complete the conquest of Britain too.

Starts 66AD and ends 79AD or so. I like Vespasian he was a very good Roman Military Commander and a Great Roman Emperor who ended the civil wars and provide stability, wealth and propersity to the Roman Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvor Hardin View Post
    Yeah...... You could make the legions just like those in RS......
    And Maybe like Marius vs. Sulla, you could make a separate campaign for the Jewish Revolt and the civil war....????