Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pikemen and Musketeers for England

Default Pikemen and Musketeers for England

Hi,

The attached files give England Pikemen and Musketeers.
    Please unzip into your main DLV directory (eg. C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War). Click yes when prompted to overwrite and hey, presto - your English army will now feature pikemen and musketeers.

Please mind that installation is to be performed at your own risk, best if you back up the following files/folders:

[your main M2TW directory]\DLV_ext\data\export_descr_buildings.txt
    [your main M2TW directory]\DLV_ext\data\export_descr_units.txt
    [your main M2TW directory]\DLV_ext\data\UI
    [your main M2TW directory]\DLV_ext\data\unit_models\battle_models.modeldb

EDIT: the unit description .tga's are still WIP, pikemen are still shown in French uniforms and musketeers in Milanese garments. As soon as I lay my hands on some tga processing software I will create proper images for unit description.

Credit to Taiji who gave me some sound guidance on this, thanks mate
    Last edited by Plan C; November 14, 2008 at 03:35 PM.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Default Re: Pikemen and Musketeers for England

That was quick! Well done mate!

Thanks!

Lun's Avatar Libertus

Hello, cant get it to work, copied the files to where they should be but the game wont start now...crashes as soon as i try to start it.
    Using DLV574.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Unfortunately, I think it's for 5.73.

It's probably because we've maxed out the max amount of units. Is that why it's not working, Taiji?

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Nope, it's for 5.73 mate

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Is it Anyway. In heaven or hell. A way to implement a spear wall unit to England as I play it?

Thank you so much if you have an answer?
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Well you could give heavy billmen and heavy bill militia 'phalanx', the only reason I've removed it from them is that it makes the AI misbehave when it uses them.

You will find a line like this somewhere under heavy billmen in the EDU:

formation 0.0, 0.0, 2.4, 2.4, 4, square, phalanx

You just add phalanx like that and they will have spearwall as an option in battles.

Hope that helps

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Ok, so I turn it on when I use it, and turn it of when the campaigns ends.

But can u give me the name of the file and SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\DLV_ext\...?

Thanks man!
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.

This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

"SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\DLV_ext\data\" is the folder and "export_descr_units.txt" is the file, then use notepad to edit it
    Last edited by Taiji; January 26, 2009 at 05:57 PM. Reason: oops got folder wrong :P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

That was not the pike length, but thanks!!

always delete all the .bin files you will find at SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\DLV_ext\data\text\

or you will get ctd

check the modding forums, look in the stickies, where it says something like "compendium of tutorials"

there you will find a "how to add a unit to X faction"
    Last edited by ivanhoex; January 26, 2009 at 07:30 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

(Edited)
    The file from the top contains:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

• EDU
    • EDB
    • Unit & Unit_info
    • Battle_models.modeldb

So basic: It means that if I remove (from my own 6.0)all the lines that contains :
    • billmen
    • havy billmilita
    from my EDU and EDB, then add...
    • add Pikemen (EDU, EDB & UI)
    • add musket (EDU, EDB & UI)
    from the file
    1. = then it will work?
    2. What about the battle_model.db?
    Last edited by Kjertesvein; January 31, 2009 at 12:02 PM.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

You would need to install 5.73 for this to work as it is.

If you wanted to update it to 6.0 then you'd need to install the 5.73 patch then this mod and use a program like compareit to compare the files with DLV 6.0.

If you wanted to remake this mod for dlv 6 you would need to edit the battle_models.modeldb to make the unit available to england.

Then you'd modify the EDU to allow england ownership of the unit.

And finally you'd add england to the list of factions that can produce the unit in the EDB.

It's all easy stuff, for sure you can do it

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

ha ha, I'm as green as the Scottish fields on scriping. I just hope I'm not going to reinstall this whole mod again

wow, battle_models.modeldb looks extremly detailed:O

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

just add England to ownership?

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

thats right

Did you do battle_models.modeldb already?
    Last edited by Taiji; January 31, 2009 at 04:21 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Taiji View Post
    thats right

Did you do battle_models.modeldb already?
    No man. It is extreme! Is that what modding is all about? ! I need to work work work to hold of the bills.
    If somebody love to do this, then I'm blessed... haha. I just have to let this one rest until vacation.
    Last edited by Kjertesvein; February 01, 2009 at 05:11 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by blackleaf View Post
    (Edited)
    The file from the top contains:

• EDU
    • EDB
    • Unit & Unit_info
    • Battle_models.modeldb

So basic: It means that if I remove (from my own 6.0)all the lines that contains :
    • billmen
    • havy billmilita
    from my EDU and EDB, then add...
    • add Pikemen (EDU, EDB & UI)
    • add musket (EDU, EDB & UI)
    from the file
    1. = then it will work?
    2. What about the battle_model.db?
    I know I have to remove (from my own 6.0)all the lines that contains :
    • billmen
    • havy billmilita
    from my EDU and EDB.

But what about ...:
    Unit & Unit_info
    Battle_models.modeldb

Or can I leave it?

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast