Thread: Macedon

Default Macedon

Hey,

As everyone knows by now, the macedonians are always exploding and mostly they are exploding North. How about letting them start in peace with the rebels? Maybe this will turn their attention South and East, to other faction...

Delvecchio1975's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Macedon

Although I'm still on 3.3.3 in my games Macedonia doesn't explode at all. Half the time they get beaten by the Greeks, and if they beat the Greeks, they conquer the Balkans but not much else ... It's Egypt that is the problem in my M/M games ...

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

That's an interesting idea. Could someone try it in a game and let us know? I'm not sure we should go there for 4.0, though. I'd like to see how the other changes affect the region first.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

You can't make in in BI or RTW. I tried it with my mod and only Alexander could accept initial peace with rebels (or you get "lose.. " message in campaign). And it wouldn't affect anything else because AI hates rebel sooooo much

Why not give greek_cities more units initially and perhaps some scripted help?

Interesting.

They already have some scripted help, and I guess I could extend the time on the protection script. The key will probably be taking away half of Macedonia, though. That'll really slow 'em down. As an interim solution, adding more scripted help would work, I'm sure.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

decimator22's Avatar Vicarius

well Macedon seems so-so balanced for me, sometimes it loses to the greeks and others it beats the greeks and does nothing, how about a script making some armies spawn in the balkans to slow down whatever faction controls them?

That may not be necessary. The inland Balkans are going to be heavily manned in the next version.

decimator22's Avatar Vicarius

then I expect the next version eagerly