Thread: recruiting high-end units

Icon2 recruiting high-end units

I've been playing this mod as Romans for a long long time now, its just great and still very challenging...

but I'm getting a little tired of the same "old" units (Hastati, Principals and even the early legionary cohort). When will there be late legionary cohorts, some better cavalry and so on? can anyone tell me?
    Is there a certain date or event?!

would be glad to get some info, so I have a new thing to look forward to!

thanks and greez

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: recruiting high-end units

Quote Originally Posted by Hambi View Post
    I've been playing this mod as Romans for a long long time now, its just great and still very challenging...

but I'm getting a little tired of the same "old" units (Hastati, Principals and even the early legionary cohort). When will there be late legionary cohorts, some better cavalry and so on? can anyone tell me?
    Is there a certain date or event?!

would be glad to get some info, so I have a new thing to look forward to!

thanks and greez
    You have to build an Imperial place in Italy for the Marian Reforms to occur in this mod and your gonna need them since the game gets harder especially against those dacians, Britons and Germans.
    Also there is a Spawn gallic army in Northern Italy later and there is German one, which are a pain in the ass big time. What makes it more annoying is if you p*** off the AI then they surprise you and become a pain, especially the Germans who keep on constantly attacking my Northern Frontier and heading towards Italy.

I remember i tried attacking the Dacian Army who wiped up nearly my entire Legion until reinforcements from my city luckily arrived in time.

Thanks!

I see you're enjoing it as well!
    (See pic attached)
    Dacians and Ptolemaic empire just declared war on me (The Dacians after a misshapped attempt to kill a general by my super-assasin!)

The Macedones are my greatest fear. They just keep coming, and their phalanx is bombastic! I landed in their territories and conquered some towns but cant hold'em long. I vanished them off Africa though...

---

I have built this palace a long time ago. with the urban barraks...
    But I can still only build the Early Legionaries!

its now 202 BC, Rome's got 33'124 population. Will there be higher palaces and baraks later on, so I just have to wat for ??? BC? Do you know?

greez

Thanks!

I see you're enjoing it as well!
    (See pic attached)
    Dacians and Ptolemaic empire just declared war on me (The Dacians after a misshapped attempt to kill a general by my super-assasin!)

The Macedones are my greatest fear. They just keep coming, and their phalanx is bombastic! I landed in their territories and conquered some towns but cant hold'em long. I vanished them off Africa though...

---

I have built this palace a long time ago. with the urban barraks...
    But I can still only build the Early Legionaries!

its now 202 BC, Rome's got 33'124 population. Will there be higher palaces and baraks later on, so I just have to wat for ??? BC? Do you know?

greez
    You sure that you've activated the script?? if there is a recruiting problem then prehaps add the Imperial Legionaries to the army barracks then prehaps things should be alright.

Yes, activated every time I start playing.
    The Marian Reforms show up when? Never had a message or something!

Yes, activated every time I start playing.
    The Marian Reforms show up when? Never had a message or something!
    try building one in patavium, ariminum and arretium then see what happens

Ok, I'm on it, but it takes some time to build it all up. I've been recruiting lots of units over the time there! need to stop now!

Now, as the Egyptians and Dacians have declared war on me, I spied their armies. I don't think I can withstand them! really...

So I really need these better units!