Thread: Recruit priority offset?

Default Recruit priority offset?

Can someone please explain how this works?

Thats all, thanks.
    If deception is an art, then the world is full of artists!
    Trust No One!

aduellist's Avatar Push the button Max!

Default Re: Recruit priority offset?

Under the patronage of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one’s thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down." Frederick Douglass

Thanks for the link.

Only one question that it doesnt seem to answer... if I have two units with the same RPO will it affect the game in any way other than the recruit priority. I.e. is there a limit?
    Trust No One!

Only one question that it doesnt seem to answer... if I have two units with the same RPO will it affect the game in any way other than the recruit priority. I.e. is there a limit?
    You can set two or more units to the same offset number if you like. But you must remember that the AI does not just go by these settings alone. It will recruit what it sees as the strongest units available. The price and upkeep can also help determine what the AI prefers. The RPO is only used to influence certain types of units being trained. It does not force the AI into making particular units unless the setting is far higher than all other units. So two units with the same RPO might not be recruited in the same numbers. The only way I was able to get the settings to be ideal was through trial and error. My aim was to try and get the AI to consistantly recruit the best units that they had available. In order to make battles even more challenging.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; November 14, 2008 at 07:33 AM.

Hi Dave

Thank you for the reply and information, just what I needed to hear. I noticed that your mod was quite selective of the "knightly" class, and in most cases doesn't bother recruiting spearmen and archer units, so I wanted to even it out a bit. I also wanted the computer to train up some lesser units rather than just have an entire stack of knights.

Im really glad to hear that you can set two or more units to the same RPO, Im going to have a mess about with this and see what I can change.

Thanks very much.

PS... I hate you lol... I've done nothing but play on your mod since I downloaded it, I have become obsessed with it and have decided to blaim you hehehehehe.

PPS... I don't really hate you... My girlfriend does lol, she needs to book in advance to get my attention because of playing this mod.
    Trust No One!

Ok one more question...

Do the numbers matter? For example if I wanted a certain unit to be high priority and set it to say 5 instead of 20, and all the other units at the default 0, would it be prioritised as though it were 20?

If that doesn't make sense... what I'm asking is, do the numbers actually account for anything in specific... i.e. like a percentage or something?

sorry for double post.
    Trust No One!