-La Guerre de Cent Ans -:- The Hundred Years War -
UPDATED VERSION 0.99 IS UP!!!
For more info head here:
Version 0.9 already included:
Most of the work for this one has been done by Vas, kudos to him!
Wales is in as emerging faction, event at around 1400
Flandres is in from the beginning
Several tweaks and twists
http://xfer11.fileplanet.com:28900/%5E8 ... _hy0.9.exe
http://www.2shared.com/file/6211767/4d5 ... _hy09.html
Version 0.8 already included:
- killed about a thousand bugs
- new ground cover map of England
- introduction of Hunter Makoy's brilliant ultimate education mod
- introduction of agart's large castle mod.
- tweaked (more aggressive) AI
- balanced (sloooooow) population growth
- improved economy
- increased travel distance
- our dear friend b5draal from the NakedFanatics has actually taken a lot of time to replace religions with culture. We have now french, italian, german, flemish, welsh, english, and spanish culture. No more orthodox welsh villages! As the cultures use religion as a blueprint, we have used the little fact that some religions intensively loathe each other to place cultures accordingly.
This version ROCKS!!!
required: M2TW, patches 1.1 and 1.2.
In case of doubt delete the map.rwm file inside data/world/maps/base
Download link: http://www.2shared.com/file/4456593/...6/HYW_v80.html
The next steps:
Wales, Flandres, Mercenaries (yes, sorry, work on all three has been slow)
OPEN BETA: VERSION 0.75 - NOT AS PERFECT AS WE WANT IT BUT VERY PLAYABLE
Teamleader - on a mountain
The team: the stig, VasileiosThe2nd with contributions from =NF= the Naked Fanatics
I thought I was never going to see the day. After we almost lost the mod during spring and summer as the stig and me were swamped in work in real life, vas and stig (in short bursts) kept going strongly, and eventually reignited my enthusiasm. The past two weeks have been hell – I paid for all the work I had not done on this mod since last year when I had sworn I would finish it.
The finished beta is beautiful. I can not put it any other way. Enjoy!
- Completely New Map of England and France with 113 regions, made from scratch. This is a large map! The overall map is about 20% larger than the original M2, with considerably more landmass
- Six factions: The two main combatants (england and france) and four satellites (savoy, aragon, hre, and burgundy), allying themselves to one of the main parties while pursuing their own goals.
- Starting date: 1337, ends (officially): 1453
- 2 turns per year (winter/summer).
- Navigatable rivers: four rivers (Rhine, Seine, Garonne, and Rhone) will be navigatable for fleets
- Units are only recruitable from castles, changing the way the game has to be played completely.
-historical family trees
- New unit roster:
Dismounted_ Chivalric Knights
LINK FOR DOWNLOAD: http://www.2shared.com/file/4274843/...earWar_07.html
THE OLD LINK SEEMS TO HAVE DIED! TRY THIS ONE INSTEAD:
What we still plan to do for the next version:
- Bugfixes for all major bugs we find
- Flanders as a faction, this one needs to be done from scratch and will take some time
- Wales as a faction, copied entirely from Kingdoms, should not take too long, compared to other things
- A better campaign map AI, the most difficult job
- Mercenary units as proposed by myself, will take me some time to put in, but worth it
- Complete unit balancing.
- Small eye candy stuff, such as removing the tutorial button in the main menu and removing all factions we don't use from custom battles
- Other stuff we come across
"I sentence you, in my capacity as steward of England, to be drawn to the gallows, hanged, beheaded and quartered."
John of Gaunt to the earl of Arundel,
during Parliament proceedings September 1396
(to which the King Richard II added that due to rank the man need only be beheaded)