View Poll Results: What Expansion Would you Want for ETW?

Voters
930. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Napoleon Wars

461 49.57%
  • The American Civil War

203 21.83%
  • Multicampaign expansion (Like Kingdoms)

226 24.30%
  • East Asia Campaign (Like China And Japanese Wars)

119 12.80%
  • The Crimean War

65 6.99%
  • Mexican-American War

32 3.44%
  • Turkish wars (The fall of The Ottoman Empire?)

45 4.84%
  • Boost Main Campaign (Enlarged Map?)

141 15.16%
  • 19th Century (1800+)

196 21.08%
  • 17th Century (1600+)

143 15.38%
  • Invasion Expansion!

20 2.15%
  • Colonialism Expansion(Africa, Asia etc)

180 19.35%
  • The Franco-Prussian Wars

68 7.31%
  • American Revolution Expansion

74 7.96%
  • The Latin America Revolutions

45 4.84%
  • Other

39 4.19%
  • No Expansion, New game!

48 5.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 44 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Vote For Your Expansion

Rex Armeniae's Avatar King of Kings

Default Expansion guesses

A bit to early maybe, but im bored... im sure there are some other bored ppl like me out there

Honestly, what could be a better expansion then the American Civil War.

A part of me knows thats the expansion pack to Empire. But is there anything more that can qualify like this.
    Some stuff bothers me with this idea though. I.e just 2 factions? North and south states...

hmmph
    Հայաստան: Իմ սիրելի Հայաստան:
    The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
    - Under the patronage of another Rex Armeniae Drtad | Տրտադ

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Default Re: Expansion guesses

Civil war would be nice and I'm sure we will see a mod for it but I think it might be too small for that(unless they do it like with kingdoms with small campaigns).
    I think it's hard to say what the XP will be until we see what the map covers.

The american civil war does not interest me in the slightest. I think they'll probably do something like kingdoms, a handful of specific campaigns.

They might. Because if you concentrate on only one campaign as expansion, it aims at one specific kind of buyers. In this case, americans would be most interested in a civil war game while europeans wouldnt as much. (But i would)

But the american civil war is a big thing in history, so it should deserve to be in.

Lol, so should the french revolution

Not saying it won't be in, I'm just guessing that it'll include that plus a few other campaigns. We're speculating 2 years in though

I think they would probably go to a Kingdoms style expansion because this era is EXTREMELY rich in history and there are numerous wars, rebellions, succession conflicts, etc. in this small time period itself.

A Kingdoms style expansion could include:
    -American War of Independence
    -American Civil War
    -French Revolution
    -Napoleon (of course)
    etc.

Just to name a few. Heck, just thinking of the Napoleon campaign, the map would be similar to the current M2TW map and with only a few of the important empires present (Britain, France, Russia, Austria, etc.). Perfect for an expansion's mini-campaign. New units for France could be the Old Guard, etc.

I can see an American Civil War expansion... for all intents and purposes, it was a full scale war between two clearcut sides... but how would you describe the French Revolution in Total War style?
    Chivalry - Total War I Settlement Plans and Buildings Dev...
    and Public Relations person, pm me with any specific questions concerning the mod...

Consilium Belli member

under the patronage of Sétanta

I was actually kidding when I said french revolution.
    But they have mentioned, "develop empires, and republics" or something like that. France became a republic after the revolution.
    I think The french revolution is included in E:TW , so no need to take that in a expansion. American war for independence is covered in vanilla E:TW , I would guess.

Napoleons campaign is a possibility. There are alot of possibilities, as you say ... this era is rich in history!

In my OP.... i said.... we are discussing this cause we are bored and donnt have so much other things to discuss. So why not speculate

I can see an American Civil War expansion... for all intents and purposes, it was a full scale war between two clearcut sides... but how would you describe the French Revolution in Total War style?
    agreed, it would esentially mean if you were playing as the french you would suddenly be completely ****ed as all your towns start to rebel and you get the chop
    Sired by Niccolo Machiavelli
    Adopted by Ferrets54
    Father of secret basement children Boeing and Shyam Popat

tco's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by chewietobbacca View Post
    I think they would probably go to a Kingdoms style expansion because this era is EXTREMELY rich in history and there are numerous wars, rebellions, succession conflicts, etc. in this small time period itself.

A Kingdoms style expansion could include:
    -American War of Independence
    -American Civil War
    -French Revolution
    -Napoleon (of course)
    etc.

Just to name a few. Heck, just thinking of the Napoleon campaign, the map would be similar to the current M2TW map and with only a few of the important empires present (Britain, France, Russia, Austria, etc.). Perfect for an expansion's mini-campaign. New units for France could be the Old Guard, etc.
    Well if they had a big Napoleon campaign, like the old XPs. But if they had some little campaigns, like American Civil War for some mini campaign action. Also some Franco Prussian War, because we all need unite Germany.
    Last edited by tco; October 27, 2008 at 09:17 PM.

LegionnaireX's Avatar Protector Domesticus

If they were to do a kingdoms style expansion here would be my suggestions:

1. American Civil War. This could cover only a period of 5 years with every turn being a certain number of days. Alternately, the campaign could go from 1830-1870 covering both the Mexican American War and the Civil War.

2. Colonization of Africa. Featuring the such things as the Boer War and the Zulu War. This could be a very interesting campaign as European nations race to colonize africa and fight natives.

3. War of 1812. The War of 1812 was actually a very important conflict. Three main factions would be Britain, France and US

4. Napoleonic Wars. For obvious reasons.

Let's not forget the Crimean war (1853-1856). And the German unification, though this might be stretching the time line too far.

One word,

China

Since the game is supposed to go into the first years of the 19th, I suppose a good expansion would add the rest of that century, revolving around the Napoleonic wars, the wars of the British Empire (China, especially), the colonial rebellions in Latin America, the American Civil War, African colonialism, the Meiji Revolution... and it would probably end around the time of the introduction of machineguns.
    believe in nothing.

Maybe an A:TW style Napoleon campaign...

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Well since the game's just been announced today I think it's alittle too early to be thinking about an Expak. Especially when you consider that we don't have any info on the start or end dates of the vanilla campaign.(Except that the US will be a faction, which means the American Revolution is out.)
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

The Sepoy Revolt would be a nice one.

I'm all for playing different eras and countries. Ive thoroughly enjoyed Medieval2 so far. I know I just want CA to make a Civil war game where states are the factions. Crazy artillery battles. The French, Canadians, British, Dutch, German, Irish, African American, Scottish, Native American regiments and countries were there or involved. The forts, sieges, bayonet charges, calvary charges. Guerilla warfare tactics were used. You had mountain battles, swamp battles, snow battles, huge prison camps for captured soldiers, declarations being signed.

You had some of America's best generals of all time in that era. You had the exploration element and both the north and south trying to secure territories further west before the other could. Over 500k people died in the five year war. Tons more died after the war or were injured, well over a million. At Gettysburg alone 40+ thousand died in a three day battle. You also had prime naval battles on Lake Erie against the British, the coastal areas were constant naval battles. They even bombarded forts for weeks at a time up and down the coast with navies. You had the trenches and massive numbers of men running right into heavily fortified forts.

You had the rail supply lines and wagon lines. Cities literally turned into industrial war machines to keep up the demands. Night battles, day battles. Some entire cities burnt to the ground with as much destruction as the WW2 Europeans saw. There were raiding parties. Surgeons, and smelly infection infested hospitals with tons of amputees.

Its by far the largest war in American history. There is endless amount of information concerning the war.

Man I hope it so. US developers wont touch it because they say it would be boring, but I think they don't want to take any heat because it could be controversial. There are tons of people who have been clamoring for it for a long time.

Creative Assembly is just the right people for the job. I hope some people don't find this request annoying. I don't want other areas excluded. I'm enjoying taking the Total War tour wherever it goes.
    Last edited by Mountain_Commander; August 23, 2007 at 01:54 AM.

my vote for the expansion would be an ultra-detailed 'focus map' of western Russia during Napoleons invasion.

we have both the crusades and the new world in kingdoms despite them being massive envents in M2.

So i wouldn't be suprised in the slightest if the Xpack concentrated on the Napoleonic wars, and was a rehash of the europe map rather than 4 mini-campaigns - then again we'll just have to see how kingdoms goes four mini campaigns are able to cater to a far greater ammount of fans with varying interests then one campaign map....

then again this was the age of revolutionaries..... EMPIRE: TOTAL WAR REVOLUTIONS - American revolution, French Revolution, The Cossack rebellion, and the greek rebellion
    Last edited by NakedBarbarian2; August 23, 2007 at 02:05 AM.

Orko's Avatar Praeses

I guess we will have other 4 campaigns again:
    1. about the latin american revolution
    2.Napoleonic campaign
    3.american civil war
    4. I don't know, you will decide
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Page 1 of 44 123456789101126 ... LastLast