Thread: Alexander: Total War

Foederatus

Has anyone been working on this? I think it would be an awesome mode due to the epic historical background. Imagine, playing as Macedon, as Alexander the Great, conquering the known-world at that time, from Greece to to Persia to India. I realize that Alexander's campaign, if I'm not mistaken, was done in about seven years; therefore, the time length would be too short, so maybe the number of turns per year can be increased to twelve?
    Love is an incident waiting to happen.

I dont think this is appealing to anyone because its basically making a mod that takes place only 50 years earlier then RTW... Its not like much has changed. So its kinda a moot point. Not trying to rain on your parade, just making a counter point to your mod idea for you to think about. *wink*
    -Voice of the Celtic warriors in EB 1 and writer of the original tutorial on sound and music editing for RTW.

I gather ideas to do this mod.
    Manstein16 This is especially for you and your bill.

What would be cool if you decide to do it would be to see a large persian faction, with weaker troops but lots of money and resources. How would you handle the senate and its subordinates?
    -Voice of the Celtic warriors in EB 1 and writer of the original tutorial on sound and music editing for RTW.

Im not planing the gameplay as faction but rather a single caracter(alexander) move acroos the countries and conquer. The mod will fucus on battles and not the management.

But don't get your hopes high the mod is at very very early stage and it will take awile for me to familiarize with rome tw files. For now i'm working on the concept and gather info of battles and gampaigns of alexander.So if you know any good sites with maps and info on his campaigns i would really appreciate if you share it with me.

GL man I hope it works out looking forward to it.

Timeline: http://www.anchist.mq.edu.au/222/AlexChron.htm

His final conquests: http://wso.williams.edu/~junterek/india.htm

If you need music later on just ask we can do it for you.

Thanks for the help king_azzole. One more question do you know where i can find battle maps of alexander?

Here are some (fun corny named) linkys containing much information regarding many of Alexander and the Macedonians in generals battles.

Macedonian Battle History

Here is a battle map of Guagamela:

Saweet!

Hydaspes:

I tickle! Dont click me!

Issos:

Wheeeeeee

Granikos:

Want more? :p

Hope thats good! :up

catintheoven's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Alexander: Total War

Hmm... I Think They May Of Made This Now

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default Re: Alexander: Total War

This thread is 1 year and 8 months old. Why did you feel the need to revive it?
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.