Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Post Your Empires/Pics here!

Default Re: Post Your Empires/Pics here!

Here's my 463 AD 12 tpy save as the Western Womans.

This is the situation in Africa...it's a bit touch and go. The Vandals have been pushed back but continue to raid in small sized nuisance parties, not enough to win a battle but enough to waste precious solidus in retraining troops. Hippo and Hadrumetum are the problem cities with constant unrest, even after dealing with the usual squalor and religious nonsense. Here the Emperor Julius Nepos is on campaign. Interetingly he has two sons, one Vibius who is his successor and a pagan. His other son is an Arian christian. Now that would make for some interesting dinner conversations at the family home....

All is relatively quiet on the east front, after the Ostrogoths invaded with two huge stacks. Having had proper Roman virtues and discipline impressed upon them they sued for peace and have not bothered me for a few turns and have even agreed to trading terms. I am in no position to go on the offensive and push the borders back here...one day maybe but I have enough on my hands as it is.

This is the Spain situation. I think the Visigoths are on their last legs. Tried to capture their last settlement but the Suebi beat me to it. So far we exist in peace but I wonder how long that will last. The Magister Militum Arborogastes is in Tolosa dealing with the riotous cretins, who plunge the city in and out of constant strife...not to mention the constant raids from Burgundian spies who had also caused trouble. Interestingly enough, a few turns after this screenie, following a riot I removed the entire army from here, saw the public order drop to 5% and then the next turn it was up to 240%. Not complaining...now I can free up my main army which had been wasted in Tolosa. I am not sure whether to press on and stab the Suebi in the back or tackle the Domain of Soissons who have grown quiet large (thankfully blocking those bloody Franks who always give me hell in other saves) but seem to tolerate our existance.

Am now starting to have financial difficulties because every Roman of note is starting to get a little frisky with his love interest and produce sons that eat huge chunks of my finances...may have to ship them to Africa and see what happens...
    'The Last Pagan Emperor'- An Invasio Barbarorum Somnium Apostatae Juliani AAR
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

'Immortal Persia' A Civilization III AAR

Prepare to imbibe the medicine of rebuke!

Fascinating campaign Justinian Australis Very curious to see its progress...Quite the religious tension at the Nepos household
    A bit strange with those traits coming up

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

I am quite in trouble in my WRE 463 campaign : Berbers to the south, franks and wisigoths in gauls ( I have destroyed DoS ) and ERE in Illyricum. With irregular finances...it is goiong to be an epic campaign !

Envers et contre tous...et c'est tant mieux ainsi ! Ze political profile

Quote Originally Posted by Diocletianus View Post
    I am quite in trouble in my WRE 463 campaign : Berbers to the south, franks and wisigoths in gauls ( I have destroyed DoS ) and ERE in Illyricum. With irregular finances...it is goiong to be an epic campaign !
    Love to see the map

Ok, so here are some more screenies of my WRE save..

So Sitifis and Cirta rebelled...the bastards. I was attacked by a huge Berber army but drove them off with heavy losses with my two elite generals whom i was actually trying to have killed when attempting to finish off the Vandals. Which I did btw, in capturing lol Caesarea and permanently ending their nuisance raids. Only thing now is that the Berbers are going to be bothersome whilst trying to sort out the godawful mess that is Africa, what with its constant disorder and the fact that I have stuff all money to build anything and garrisoning them with troops is also too prohibitive.

After I took that shot, I recaptured Sitifis and butchered the ingrates. The exploding population is not so much of an issue now ( +3.5 %), so I now have a bit of money to pay for repairs and build things. Cirta will cop it bad as well...and here I will finally destroy any barbarian buildings and start the slow Romanization of these lands.

So I had decided to head north and destroy the DoS. The settlements I picked turned out to be inhabitated by the Burgundians, who had been put to flight by the Suebi after migrating this way. Well they had to pack their belonging again when I decided to move in. The DoS launched a small incursion into Mediolanum but left shortly after. This part is particularly troublesome as there is a large army wintering in one of their settlements to the north west of the Alps. As it is, Arbogestes is on the move again heading to the nearest DoS settlement which hopefully its capture will give us a bit of financial maneuvering.

For now, we are at peace with the Goths who keep attacking and then suing for peace.
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

I have tried to post pics previously but I cant get it to work.

Maybe because I have windows 7?

But anyway, having an excellent campaign, Rio. WRE 463, hanging on by my fingertips at the moment.

Great to play this again and thanks again.
    "I should like to see...the last king strangled with the guts of the last priest"

Quote Originally Posted by Primative1 View Post
    I have tried to post pics previously but I cant get it to work.

Maybe because I have windows 7?

But anyway, having an excellent campaign, Rio. WRE 463, hanging on by my fingertips at the moment.

Great to play this again and thanks again.

Hi Primative1
    Make sure you anti aliasing (not sure of spelling) is off in the video options..then may need to try twice

Going to have to download this again, having sorted out my new laptop and getting RTW working. It's only been 2 years since last time, should be a cakewalk.
    falnk with cavlary. stay a way from muder hoels.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Going to have to download this again, having sorted out my new laptop and getting RTW working. It's only been 2 years since last time, should be a cakewalk.
    Nice to see ya his way again Dodge. let me know if you have any issues

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Nice to see ya his way again Dodge. let me know if you have any issues
    You too mate, I can't believe the hosting ran out so I can't see the many screenshots I posted here last time.

Oh and I'll be having more than a few issues I should think. Wouldn't have it any other way
    falnk with cavlary. stay a way from muder hoels.

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

Here is what has been keeping me from being productive, my H/M 463AD campaign (4tpy) so far:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Notice how it strangely looks like the borders during WW2.

After taking out the Saxons, Romano-British Warlords and dealing with debt off and on I initially was going to leave the Picts and Celts alone, and focus on Europe. I was going to stop at Antonine's wall and fortify the river crossings as well as not expand into Hibernia. However the constant Celt landings in Wales and the attacks on my river forts got tiring after 5 or 10 years. So I did some incursions into Caledonia, sacking the settlements bordering mine and converting them to Christianity and then let them revolt back over to the Picts, this didn't keep the Picts away so I simultaneously invaded Hibernia and Caledonia (one stack to Hibernia and 2 stacks to Caledonia) and unified the British Isles around 501.

I then focused on retaking Europe again, which was quickly falling to the Franks. I re-equiped my 3 stacks with better units and armor with the standard being 8 heavy infantry, 1 cavalry, 2 heavy spear units, 4 archer units, and if available a siege weapon.

In early 507 I invaded Gaul and blitzed the coastal cities while I created another stack in Britain. Things are getting bogged down now, the Franks are starting to respond with their hordes of Schola infantry and I happened to take Borges when it was going through a plague. I plan on sending my infected spy to the various Frank settlements to weaken them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Here is what has been keeping me from being productive, my H/M 463AD campaign (4tpy) so far:

Notice how it strangely looks like the borders during WW2.

After taking out the Saxons, Romano-British Warlords and dealing with debt off and on I initially was going to leave the Picts and Celts alone, and focus on Europe. I was going to stop at Antonine's wall and fortify the river crossings as well as not expand into Hibernia. However the constant Celt landings in Wales and the attacks on my river forts got tiring after 5 or 10 years. So I did some incursions into Caledonia, sacking the settlements bordering mine and converting them to Christianity and then let them revolt back over to the Picts, this didn't keep the Picts away so I simultaneously invaded Hibernia and Caledonia (one stack to Hibernia and 2 stacks to Caledonia) and unified the British Isles around 501.

I then focused on retaking Europe again, which was quickly falling to the Franks. I re-equiped my 3 stacks with better units and armor with the standard being 8 heavy infantry, 1 cavalry, 2 heavy spear units, 4 archer units, and if available a siege weapon.

In early 507 I invaded Gaul and blitzed the coastal cities while I created another stack in Britain. Things are getting bogged down now, the Franks are starting to respond with their hordes of Schola infantry and I happened to take Borges when it was going through a plague. I plan on sending my infected spy to the various Frank settlements to weaken them though.
    Wow!! Amazing campaign!!

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Hello Rio, just want to show off my texture work based on the AR units that make part of your mod. I am slowly building a pack based on the shields of the Notitia Dignitatum and have them released as packs at a later stage. Here they are at Rio's on a ERE campaign. Batavi Seniores and Tertia Diocletiana.

Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Wow, they look beutifull, have you consiedred doing some Franks or some other faction after finishing Romans?

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

I have just don't expect it soon.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Quote Originally Posted by Sertorio View Post
    Hello Rio, just want to show off my texture work based on the AR units that make part of your mod. I am slowly building a pack based on the shields of the Notitia Dignitatum and have them released as packs at a later stage. Here they are at Rio's on a ERE campaign. Batavi Seniores and Tertia Diocletiana.

Beautiful Sertorio!!!

Please show some glorious Empires!

So I decided to have a go at the ERE for the first time in a long time, having pretty much played only the WRE and some other barbarian factions for a bit of mucking around. Last time I touched the ERE was with the Belisarius campaign that used to be part of the mod.....this is the 434 AD campaign btw. Also this mod rocks. I am sure I've said this before but I'll say it again, kudos to you Riothamus!

So as you can see our territory is quite sizeable as the Empire regains its strength. Initially I played this with the wrong script by mistake, which wasn't actually activated so as the game progressed I was able to attack the WRE and begin the process of returning Rome to sole rule. Anyway we engaged in a long struggle against the Sassanids who had been unusually quiet early in the game which had allowed me to build up the economy in the East and also arm a full strength field army who initially was set as a defensive army with no real desire to go on the offensive against the Sassanids...at that time. Amida was impossible to hold and I lost it several times during one of my invasions, so I just gave it the Roman treatment and sacked and destroyed everything in it. Even the Sassanids had difficulty in holding it, getting kicked out a number of times. When the time was right our forces progressed deep into Persian heartlands capturing Artaxarta and Tuspha but both of these cities are delicately poised. I want to begin the assimilation process but building any Roman palaces or temples would cause the citizens to flip out. We even barged our way past Nisibis to capture Ctesiphon which is a decent little earner for the economy. In better times the armies attacked the city in Elam but was unable to hold it so I withdrew back to Ctesiphon which is subject to occasional raids. Right now things have stalled due to the economy and I am forced into a defensive posture.

FYI, the economy is so bad due to the fact that there was a bad round of plague that totally mucked it all up. Normally a good profit is made due to careful economic policies

We barely have a toe hold in central Africa. I ventured this far west only because the Berber's started getting uppity and were pushing towards Alexandria. Once here I decided to push onwards after stomping on the Berbers (which the Vandal's finished off a few turns later) only to realize that the Vandals were in a pretty good position and able to churn out armies of greater numbers that what I had brought with me and able to retrain. After a rather costly defense of Arae Philaenorum, its becoming clear that Roman rule in this part of the world may not be around for much longer.

All is well in the home provinces however as the WRE collapsed in the face of a concerted invasion that was basically made of mercenaries and easily garrisoned with a single unit. Mercenaries have formed an important backbone of my armies, obviously because they are cheap to maintain and its useful to hire decent horse archers. They've been responsible for keeping the Huns in check and also to retake our isolated outpost of Cherson as required which has fallen to the Huns on two or three occasions. The Imperial foundries certainly help make these troops more than useful in the field. I have one full Imperial army on the Corsican islands who was initially supposed to push out the Vandals but they are more numerous than I thought on Sardinia but I may just suck it up and see what happens here. The less places the Vandals hold the better, currently we are engaged in a fercious naval war as I try and blockade as many of their ports as possible.

As I progressed westwards I was surprised by the docile nature of the Ostrogoths (though we were at war) who usually are only too happy to pester you to death when playing as the WRE. I did think about driving them beyond the Danube as I had the forces to do so but thought against it. Well one day out the blue the Ostrogoths attacked in force, adding extra pain in the economical sense as they drove deep into Pannonia, capturing Sirmium, besieging several other cities before been driven off and been a general nuisance. Hastily cobbled together forces (thankfully I had just trained up a fresh legion prior) went after the Goths and beat them on several occasions and now we are poised to retake Sirmium and even a mercenary army has ventured deep towards Sarmisegetuza and laying seige to it. One smaller force is pushing towards Gepidae (the Gothic capital) obstensibly to defeat any forces present. I am unsure as to whether to put the Goths to flight (don't know whether they have lots of stacks if they end up hording) or just leave them after giving them a kicking around and then just watching them, whilst launching punitive raids when necessary.
    Last edited by Justinian Australis; July 21, 2017 at 04:42 AM.
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian Australis View Post
    So I decided to have a go at the ERE for the first time in a long time, having pretty much played only the WRE and some other barbarian factions for a bit of mucking around. Last time I touched the ERE was with the Belisarius campaign that used to be part of the mod.....this is the 434 AD campaign btw. Also this mod rocks. I am sure I've said this before but I'll say it again, kudos to you Riothamus!

So as you can see our territory is quite sizeable as the Empire regains its strength. Initially I played this with the wrong script by mistake, which wasn't actually activated so as the game progressed I was able to attack the WRE and begin the process of returning Rome to sole rule. Anyway we engaged in a long struggle against the Sassanids who had been unusually quiet early in the game which had allowed me to build up the economy in the East and also arm a full strength field army who initially was set as a defensive army with no real desire to go on the offensive against the Sassanids...at that time. Amida was impossible to hold and I lost it several times during one of my invasions, so I just gave it the Roman treatment and sacked and destroyed everything in it. Even the Sassanids had difficulty in holding it, getting kicked out a number of times. When the time was right our forces progressed deep into Persian heartlands capturing Artaxarta and Tuspha but both of these cities are delicately poised. I want to begin the assimilation process but building any Roman palaces or temples would cause the citizens to flip out. We even barged our way past Nisibis to capture Ctesiphon which is a decent little earner for the economy. In better times the armies attacked the city in Elam but was unable to hold it so I withdrew back to Ctesiphon which is subject to occasional raids. Right now things have stalled due to the economy and I am forced into a defensive posture.

FYI, the economy is so bad due to the fact that there was a bad round of plague that totally mucked it all up. Normally a good profit is made due to careful economic policies

We barely have a toe hold in central Africa. I ventured this far west only because the Berber's started getting uppity and were pushing towards Alexandria. Once here I decided to push onwards after stomping on the Berbers (which the Vandal's finished off a few turns later) only to realize that the Vandals were in a pretty good position and able to churn out armies of greater numbers that what I had brought with me and able to retrain. After a rather costly defense of Arae Philaenorum, its becoming clear that Roman rule in this part of the world may not be around for much longer.

All is well in the home provinces however as the WRE collapsed in the face of a concerted invasion that was basically made of mercenaries and easily garrisoned with a single unit. Mercenaries have formed an important backbone of my armies, obviously because they are cheap to maintain and its useful to hire decent horse archers. They've been responsible for keeping the Huns in check and also to retake our isolated outpost of Cherson as required which has fallen to the Huns on two or three occasions. The Imperial foundries certainly help make these troops more than useful in the field. I have one full Imperial army on the Corsican islands who was initially supposed to push out the Vandals but they are more numerous than I thought on Sardinia but I may just suck it up and see what happens here. The less places the Vandals hold the better, currently we are engaged in a fercious naval war as I try and blockade as many of their ports as possible.

As I progressed westwards I was surprised by the docile nature of the Ostrogoths (though we were at war) who usually are only too happy to pester you to death when playing as the WRE. I did think about driving them beyond the Danube as I had the forces to do so but thought against it. Well one day out the blue the Ostrogoths attacked in force, adding extra pain in the economical sense as they drove deep into Pannonia, capturing Sirmium, besieging several other cities before been driven off and been a general nuisance. Hastily cobbled together forces (thankfully I had just trained up a fresh legion prior) went after the Goths and beat them on several occasions and now we are poised to retake Sirmium and even a mercenary army has ventured deep towards Sarmisegetuza and laying seige to it. One smaller force is pushing towards Gepidae (the Gothic capital) obstensibly to defeat any forces present. I am unsure as to whether to put the Goths to flight (don't know whether they have lots of stacks if they end up hording) or just leave them after giving them a kicking around and then just watching them, whilst launching punitive raids when necessary.
    Thank You Justinian Australis for the campaign update. Sounds like a great campaign. It appears like you got a good grasp on the some of the important aspects of maintaining and expanding the Eastern Roman Empire. Keep me posted on the progression of your game. I would like to see if you are able to also conquer the West Roman provinces. Are you using the 434AD script? It wasn't clear to me. I can't see the pics. Something about photobucket updating the account
    Last edited by Riothamus; July 17, 2017 at 11:50 AM.

Oh damn. I'll check it out later.

Yes it is the 434 script. What's really helped is actually reading the stickied thread about the mod, which details the economic, military and so forth about the game. I literally had no idea what some of thesebuildings did and how you could convert some settlements to money making and its been a great help.
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place