Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Post Your Empires/Pics here!

Pliniux's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Post your empires/ kingdoms here!

Quote Originally Posted by Lioneljoe View Post
    Pliniux: Very impressive! Any lessons learned or secrets to your success you would like to share? I know I don't have the courage to take up the WRE yet myself.
    Ok, let me some more time and I'll post a brief text on my WRE campaign!
    (Just yesterday I went in some troubles (low cash and armies...) but I'm recovering )
    WAITING FOR IBFD v. 8.0!

as you asked for, margio, my saxon campaign. taking britain and ireland was quite easy since i got the celts early before they could build up their usually quite dangerous army. those are my unhappiest cities but they are all on very high taxes.

started to conquer the former saxon lands in northern europe and my next aim is to take the frank cities from north germany along the coast and stop when i reached north west france. quite interesting in this campaign are the huns. they defeated the slavs and fight with the bulgars over the steps. rome is still standing because i kind of cant see them loosing so quickly. so with my good income i could afford two diplomats bribing away frankish armies in northern italy and give them the rebeling island provinces of sicily, sardinia and corsica. they kind of start building up now and are helping me to weaken the franks.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin753 View Post

as you asked for, margio, my saxon campaign. taking britain and ireland was quite easy since i got the celts early before they could build up their usually quite dangerous army. those are my unhappiest cities but they are all on very high taxes.

started to conquer the former saxon lands in northern europe and my next aim is to take the frank cities from north germany along the coast and stop when i reached north west france. quite interesting in this campaign are the huns. they defeated the slavs and fight with the bulgars over the steps. rome is still standing because i kind of cant see them loosing so quickly. so with my good income i could afford two diplomats bribing away frankish armies in northern italy and give them the rebeling island provinces of sicily, sardinia and corsica. they kind of start building up now and are helping me to weaken the franks.
    great job there rasputin

Whats you difficulty playing level?

Quote Originally Posted by Pliniux View Post
    Ok, let me some more time and I'll post a brief text on my WRE campaign!
    (Just yesterday I went in some troubles (low cash and armies...) but I'm recovering )
    Looking forward to it Pliniux

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

margio's Avatar Biarchus

You anticipate Great Britain, unifying all its lands !
    I don't know the Franks' Kingdom status in terms of troops available and armies ready, but I'm curious to see how you will deal with them. In one of my WRE campaign only after several years of battles won and lost, towns captured and lost, I succeeded to eliminate them form the map ...

ayeaye Sir

right now my WRE campaign is consuming my time, but i´m also looking forward to the crush of the franks and they want war as well. they already sent two full stacks up to denmark to attack me but since they were without family member i was able to bribe them away cheaply. i am not ready for war yet.

playing on M/H. by the way, since i am not quite sure about this. the campaign difficulties influence my income and the happiness, right ? are there also any other points ?

also another thing i wanted to ask you guys about is a strange thing happend in my WRE campaign. i rule italy, north africa, southern gaul, northern spain. i had a nice income of about 40000 per turn. then there was a plague in arles, which i thought wouldn´t be that bad since alres was never a very important economical town, but suddenly my income dropped to 10000 per turn. the only reason i could think of is that arles is the crosspoints for the landroute to southern gaul and spain. does this really have such an influence?
    another unimportant matter, why did you name it arles and not arelate ?
    Last edited by rasputin753; February 04, 2009 at 06:23 AM.

margio's Avatar Biarchus

right now my WRE campaign is consuming my time, but i´m also looking forward to the crush of the franks and they want war as well. they already sent two full stacks up to denmark to attack me but since they were without family member i was able to bribe them away cheaply. i am not ready for war yet.
    playing on M/H. by the way, since i am not quite sure about this. the campaign difficulties influence my income and the happiness, right ? are there also any other points ?
    also another thing i wanted to ask you guys about is a strange thing happend in my WRE campaign. i rule italy, north africa, southern gaul, northern spain. i had a nice income of about 40000 per turn. then there was a plague in arles, which i thought wouldn´t be that bad since alres was never a very important economical town, but suddenly my income dropped to 10000 per turn. the only reason i could think of is that arles is the crosspoints for the landroute to southern gaul and spain. does this really have such an influence?
    I don’t know when the name changed into Arles.
    That is what found at Wikipedia:
    The town is mentioned Arelate by Caesar, with maybe the meanings of close (are) to pond (late). During the Civil War it was on Caesar side and after the end of the war, Arelate got a big part of the lands of Massilia, that was on Pompeius side.
    On 46BC it became "colonia romana" getting the veterans of the VI Legio, developping its river port and farming the lands.
    In the IV century it was one of the preferred residence of Emperor Costantinus I and capital of the Galliarum Praetorium Prefectura, and it hosted the Concilium of Arles (314AD). It had the name of Constantina between 328AD, when Constantinus I changed the name for credit of his son Constantinus II, and 340AD, when Constantinus II died and was sentenced by "damnatio memoriae". Then the other son of Constantinus I, Costantius II, changed the name in Constantia, but the name was scantly used between 353AD and 423AD, year of the last coins production with this town’s name.

Concerning the drop down of your income I think that you are right, and probably many of your towns in Gallia and Iberia have their main trades with Arles. I had the same with Mediolanium plague...

ayeaye Sir

Playing battles on hard may be a good challenge for ya vs the Franks. They will throw some good troops at ya

Playing on the harder levels gives the other factions increased bonuses such as cash and stronger fighting armies for the campaign and for the in gamebattles. I'm not sure if its even more if you border that faction on the map but I think its anything above medium difficulty. I although rather like playing battles on hard even though the enemy get increased attack and defence bonuses. It to me makes up for the AI lack of ability to maneuver as well a as humane but saying that I've seen the AI do some pretty cool things when countering. I don't think the AI gets more intelligent either on the harder levels. I think the bonuses just increases.

Changed Arles to Arelate...not sure why I never changed it before
    Any others you see in there please let me know
    Last edited by Riothamus; February 04, 2009 at 03:29 PM.

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Hello & Wellcome to all Beyond Roman Glory II Expansion
    Hereby the starting lands of my Ostrogoths Kingdoms on 463AD...

Hereby my Victory Conditions, even they will have to match the Victory Conditions of BRG II Expansion together with Triumph Targets for Ostrogoths...

The first objectives will be the Rebels lands close to my territories, to create a solid economy, while establishing trade routes with every factions. I will try to make and keep alliance with ERE (hopefully), to be free to direct my armies towards conquest of Italy...
    See You soon here with my updates and Your Empires/Kindoms ...

ayeaye Sirs

Quote Originally Posted by margio View Post
    Hello & Wellcome to all Beyond Roman Glory II Expansion
    Hereby the starting lands of my Ostrogoths Kingdoms on 463AD...

Hereby my Victory Conditions, even they will have to match the Victory Conditions of BRG II Expansion together with Triumph Targets for Ostrogoths...

The first objectives will be the Rebels lands close to my territories, to create a solid economy, while establishing trade routes with every factions. I will try to make and keep alliance with ERE (hopefully), to be free to direct my armies towards conquest of Italy...
    See You soon here with my updates and Your Empires/Kindoms ...

ayeaye Sirs
    Love that margio

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Vindobona, 473AD – Royal Palace of Theodomar, King of the Ostrogoths.

Theodomar, in the Nobles’ Chamber of his Royal Palace, is looking at the map showing the Kingdom of the Ostrogoths, with the newly conquered lands. Theodomar passed the last years leading his troops through Noricum, Pannonia, Dacia, Dalmatia… fighting rebels and capturing towns… Carnuntum, Campus Rugii, Campus Herules, Gepidae, Sarmisegetuza, Salona…
    Theodomar never was a desk-king, preferring to share time, dangers, delights with his soldiers, but now 60 years aged, he feels fatigue and wish to rest…
    Father… ” an unknown voice distracts Teodomar from his thoughts. Turning he sees a young man… Theodomar’s mind goes back when a child left him for Costantinople, as hostage near the court of the East Roman Empire Emperor. Now after ten years a man, a fierce and strong man, is in front of him: his son, Theoderic…

Theodomar approaches, put his hands on Theoderic’s shoulders. The two men looks deeply in their eyes for some minutes, then a strong embracement:
    Welcome back, my son…!
    Then addressing to people inside the room:
    Ostrogoths…! Enlighten every place with fires! Prepare food and wine… He is Theoderic! My son and heir…! Exult for his homecoming! But before, come with me… Look Theoderic, this is my gift…our Ostrogoths’ Kingdom!

Towns are growing fast, trade rights are established with many populations, lands well farmed! Anyway… I know that our neighbours become worried for our growth and strenght and we must take care of that!
    Look here Theoderic: this map shows what reported by our diplomats and spies…

Closest to us are the Slavs, the stronger, Lombardi, West Roman Empire, but the mostly restless seems to be East Roman Empire, by which we had some attacks, succesfully rejected… You should know much them…?
    I spent the last ten years in their court in Costantinople – reply Theoderic – and I have learned and heard much, very much about their behaviours. Beware of them Father! I know that they have said that the attack to Greuthungi was made by a Rebel General, common people in these periods, but I don’t trust their Emperor, and I know that you agree…I can understand and agree with your thoughts and wishes, Father… Anyway East Roman Empire is rich and strong. They have successfully rejected invasion by Sassanids, that are stronger than us, and succesfully managed internal rebellions and wars with their others neighbours…
    Seems to me that you have some… ideas concerning the development of our Kingdom “ – say Thedoomar, inviting Theoderic to proceed…
    I think that the lands at our east and north borders – proceeds Theoderic smiling - should be left as they are. Sending diplomats to populations trying to establish alliance with them, can allow us to keep peace there and control them meanwhile. It’s on the west… that there are rich lands, not so strongly guarded and defended… They have not to be underestimated, but even hard we can be successful…
    The West Roman Empire…? – say Thedomar – My thoughts were for smaller and easier objectives, but I have to admit that Rome is in my wishes… As you said they have not to be underestimated, but mainly what will be the reaction of the East Roman Empire...? They could not well accept that we attack others Romans…?
    They didn’t speak clearly, but reading within their words… “ reply Theoderic.
    … and what about reaction of population in Italy? – interrupted Theodomar - They consider us barbarian anyway… and Vandals didn’t leave good memories…
    Father many things happened while living in Costantinople… Do you think that will be enough to convince Italian people… “ said Theoderic showing…

Theoderic Consul…? – exclaims Theodomar astonished - Awesome! You can get the soldiers camped close outside Vindobona. They followed me in my campaigns: they became stronger, skilled and they are devoted, so they will not deceive you!
    Thanks Father! Anyway we have to deal with Romans soldiers, and the best tactic is to train part of them to fight similar… I knew that javelins volleys were deadly against East Empire enemies and that legion’ tactics still works very well. You trained Warbands of Veterans and it will be easy and fast to train them with those tactics… Furthermore capturing Gepidae, we can enlist their Horse Archers and their Warriors. With those type of soldiers there are very few enemies that can resist…
    Agreed… “ - say Theodomar proudly – “ and how do you think to develop your strategy?
    Two armies will be needed: I’m still studying if attack directly Ravenna or after capturing , cross the Alps towards Mediolanium, while attacking Aquileia… What do “you” think about…?

Hereby the map showing what all Factions have done on las ten years

Hope to see Your Empire/Kingdoms

ayeaye Sirs

Looks good margio..interesting map..Franks are reeling from the DOS...Visigoths look like they are emerging:hmmm:

margio's Avatar Biarchus

" Theoderic, King of the Ostrogoths, greets All Beyond Roman Glory II Players. "

" Hereby my Ostrogoths’ Kingdom on 485AD… "

" …twenty two years after when my father, Theodomar, started his conquest from few lands, and twelve years after when, becoming King of Ostrogoths, I’ve started my conquests.
    It was a very hard campaign, with very hard battles against West Roman Empire, that became strong and skilled. I started from Carnuntum, directing firstly against Augusta Vindelicorum and then Lopudunum, this last to avoid enemies on my shoulders. Once both captured, reflled casualties, I directed my veterans through the Alps on 476AD (that told me something, but I didn’t feel what…) towards Mediolanium, then Arelate and finally Aquileia. In the meantime the Domain of Soisson, allied with West Roman Empire, decided to attack me and close to Mediolanium I had to face two full stacks of their armies. The defeats convinced them to ask for peace… I accepted, because in the meantime West Roman Empire had time to refill its armies to defend their lands south of Eridanus river.
    I got alliances from almost all Barbarians factions (I felt that they wanted to look how was going on and leave weakened each other), while a heavily guarded fort between Sirmunim and Greuthungi was enough to deal with East Roman Empire, continuing to siege this last town.
    Back to my Italy Campaign, I crossed the river Eridanus directing to Ravenna, where I had an hard battle against its little garrison and two West Romans stacks. I had several casualties, but reinforcements coming from my Capital Vindobona allowed me to capture Ravenna and proceed with my campaign. Next objective was Arretium, then Mariana (to avoide to leave a reinforcement way on my back…); once both captured too (with the battle of Ravenna West Roman Empire lost many brave and skilled warriors…) I could direct towards Rome. From their south lands, West Roman Empire sent all troops available, so another epic battle started under the walls of Rome, but this time they had very few elite troops, and my knights’ charges, almost easily, defeated their Cohortes Vegilum. Entering in Rome, riding in its streets between arches, monuments, buildings… it was FASCINATING! Then I captured Apulania and Neopolis, really poor guarded now, and my spies told me that even others remaining towns had few untrained troops as garrisons.
    So an exciting feelings take my mind and my heart… after becoming the Conqueror of Rome, why I cannot be remembered as the Conqueror of Costantinople too…? Furthermore East Roman Empire ended its war with Sassanids and Bulgars, and they started to reassemble stacks south of my lands. So it’s time to transfer there, leaving to my heir Theodoric II to complete the conquest of Tarentum, Croton, Sicily and Sardinia. "

Hereby the world map, showing what happened…

" … Saxons completed the conquest of Britannia and now they are directing to Ireland. Suebi took advantage from the war between Domain of Soisson and Visigoths to conquest the main part of Iberia. Vandals are trying to cancel Berbers from Africa. Franks after a long war with Domain of Soisson they expanded north and now dealing with strong Rebels’ on the east, they became the richest faction. Slavs and Bulgars they are facing each other continuously, capturing and losing lands. I have few informations concerning Sassanids, but they seems focused to refill casualties (due to war with ERE) and their economy. East Roman Empire is still strong and rich, but maybe not enough yet… "

ayeaye Sirs

Wow!! I'm really impressed with your post margio and the campaign. Interesting the Visigoths got swallowed up and the DOS became strong. If the Franks regroup they will be a problem..Vandals could boom...and looks like the Slavs might be a power to be concerned with. Looking forward to the next update.Very nice gl

margio's Avatar Biarchus

DoS and Franks west, Slavs north, ERE south… a lot of people to be concerned with !
    I have some armies now thanks to economy boom after capturing Ravenna and Rome
    Two full stacks will deal with ERE (one leaded by Theoderic ): my spies reports that the main part of their armies (4 to 6) are located south of my lands in Thracia and Macedonia, while one is in Egypt and two in Asia Minor (Syria and Cappadocia).
    One full stack, with Theodoric II, is in Italy to "complete" the Italian Campaign directing to the south (Croton, Tarentum and Sicily) and then to Sardinia. The battles near Eridanus, Ravenna and Rome weakened very much WRE, and I feel that capture the remining towns will be almost easy and quick… hopefully.
    The last full stack is now near Mediolanium as mobile army guarding western borders and help the first line made by forts (7/8 units inside) near Arelate, Octodurus and Lopudunum. Dos and Franks sems acting somewhere else, but I didn’t trust in their neutrality and alliance respectively.
    It’s expensive, but firstly I have noticed that at the end is cheaper than to have a town besieged (with the risk to lose the town and anyway obliged to send troops to help and/or recapture it), then I must be useful of WRE weakeness.
    Therefore I am thinking to guard with forts and a mobile army the line made by Campus Rugii, Campus Herules, Gepidae and Sarmisegetuza, but I have to make right costs calculations before…

ayeaye Sir

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Constantinople, 492AD, Royal Palace of the Emperor of East Roman Empire.
    Theoderic, King of the Ostrogoths, is looking at the new map of his kingdom…

" more than dreamed… - he’s thinking - …but history will remember my name as the Conqueror of Ravenna, Rome, Constantinople and many others towns of the Roman Empire…? Or the man that ended the civilazion, starting a new era of darkness…? "
    He looks outside, to the south and east, where East Roman Empire, still strong, dangerous and hungry of conquest (and re-conquest…), lives… then he reads the reports coming from the north and west, this last with new dangers for his kingdom, coming from Franks, now reborn powerful, from Domain of Soissons, never tamed… and from Visigoths, that from the last left Tolosa, with new strong armies wants to become again a strong kingdom.
    " I’m not so old… but I’m tired - he thinks sitting haggardly on the throne - When I was sixteen I started that, living all years till now within my soldiers, my throne was my horse and my house a military camp… I would like, need to come back to my beloved Vindobona, or maybe live in Ravenna, from where to rule my Kingdom, building up and make strong a new order, where people can live together in peace… but that are dreams…! I feel that my rules for next years will be the same of the last years… new lands to conquest, enemies to fight, new trophy to capture…! "
    That said, Theoderic exit from the throne room with a new strenght and will…

Hereby the world as it is in 492AD:

Slavs, Bulgars, Sassanids, seems more focused to rule their lands than to enlarge their domains. Saxons, once captured all Great Britain lands are now looking to the continent, and they have already shown their attitudes. Franks passed safely through their worst period, and with a new and strong power they captured several lands and they are at war with Saxons, DoS and Ostrogoths. DoS, losing some towns in Iberia and Soissons is at war with Ostrogoths and Suebi, looking carefully to Visigoths. These last have only Tolosa, but they have now two full stacks there, while the third was defeated close to Arelate. Suebi (unexpected!) is a strong factions that after taking main Iberia and lands in Africa is at war with Dos, Vandals and Berbers. Vandals are losing lands against Suebi (as Berbers), and they are looking to Sicily and Sardinia, disembarking armies in each island, but keeping neutrality till now.

ayeaye Sirs

Nice empires guys, very nice.
    **ROMA SURRECTUM 2.0 RULES**

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Thanks a lot Otto von Bismarck and welcome.
    I've started with what shown in the historical map posted here as Victory Conditions, with anyway the goal to mix it with the Victory Conditions fixed by BRG II Expansion. I can assure that it was not easy, but at the end Theoderic achieved his goals, even if better than expected.
    This time I succeded to "oblige" enemies (WRE & ERE mainly) to big battles, as happened in the ancient periods, when two or three big battles on field were enough to defeat the enemies. They were very hard battles, facing minimum two enemy's armies, with heavy losses... but after that their towns' capture were almost easy ... almost...

ayeaye Sir

Quote Originally Posted by margio View Post
    Thanks a lot Otto von Bismarck and welcome.
    I've started with what shown in the historical map posted here as Victory Conditions, with anyway the goal to mix it with the Victory Conditions fixed by BRG II Expansion. I can assure that it was not easy, but at the end Theoderic achieved his goals, even if better than expected.
    This time I succeded to "oblige" enemies (WRE & ERE mainly) to big battles, as happened in the ancient periods, when two or three big battles on field were enough to defeat the enemies. They were very hard battles, facing minimum two enemy's armies, with heavy losses... but after that their towns' capture were almost easy ... almost...

ayeaye Sir
    Am very curious margio how far you could push your empire

margio's Avatar Biarchus

...me too ...?
    BTW I'am obliged to take care of Visigoths, Franks and DoS. Seems that those guys don't want to give up to Arelate, Lopodunum and Genava. Till now I was able to reject their attacks with towns' garrisons helped by little mobile armies coming from forts close to those towns, but now it's time to switch to offensive strategy, while switching to defensive in Italy (Vandals seems interested to Sicily and Sardinia), Thracia (ERE), Dacia (Slavs/Bulgars) and Pannonia (Lombardi/Slavs). I succeded asking help to Sassanids (vs. ERE) and Saxons (vs. Franks), while waiting for Suebi and Slavs.
    I have only to fix the strategy: where and who to attack first ...
    See you here BRG II Expansion Players/Emperors/Kings !

ayeaye Sirs

Margio you have a very nice empire going there

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF