Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Post Your Empires/Pics here!

Default Re: Post your empires/ kingdoms here!

Quote Originally Posted by margio View Post
    Hello Every BRG II Players ...
    It’s 478AD now for Western Roman Empire campaign, original difficulty and H/H setup.

Focused on economy for some years (mixed sometime with happiness, health and law), I kept Western Archers, Foederati Warband (not all…) and Comitatenses units only acting as defensive army if attacked by Vandals, Ostrogoths and Rebels. Near all others factions I sent Diplomats for ceasefires and/or trade rights.
    It was very hard, sometime I couldn’t build due to poor income, but with the help of a deep study of buildings tree and buildings needed for, on 468AD I reached a nice income per turn. I cannot say the same for town’s income, but I could not wait more to re-build the Roman Empire.
    In the meantime I fought a Vandal army coming from Corsica and two Ostrogoths armies trying to attack Aquileia. After that they both directed their conquests towards others lands, while Ostrogoths asked for ceasefire. Filled casualties, re-trained and upgraded my troops (in Rome) I disbanded Foederati Warband and enlisted Legio Lanciarii, for a pure Roman fighting army with Comitatenses,Western Archers and cavalry made by three Generals. I enlisted also a little supplying army, to keep my units full.
    The first objective was Salona for which the strong full stack garrison was much decreased by a previous attack by Ostrogoths, so the capture was not so hard. Then my spy advised that Ulpia despite of continuous attacks was still kept by Rebels, so it was the second capture. Once established order and law on those two towns, by my fleet I transferred troops to capture Sicily. Firstly Messana and then Syracusae. Probably Vandals tried the same, but the garrison were strong enough to reject the attacks, but they cannot avoid casualties, so the remaining troops were quite easily won by my Legions. I knew that by my spies too… Lilybaeum capture was harder, casualties higher, but I could re-fill them with my supply army, that was then sent to re-train in Rome.
    The fleet was then directed towards Sardinia, which Caralis and Turris were easily captured, because defended by few and low end troops. The strategy was to capture Mariana and then with a stronger army to direct towards Africa to capture Carthage, Thapsus, Zama and Chullu, but a Loyalist Revolt in Bourges obliged me to change mind… I thought for awhile if leave Bourges to its destiny :hmmm:, but I was in war with Burgundii anyway, so I decided to help Bourges
    My Legions (with Equites Sagittarii now) attacked firstly Genava, then Valentia and finally Aventicum. Each town was captured fighting its garrison and an army of reinforcement , but I could always fight with full unit stacks (my supply army worked very well…), and Burgundii had low end troops or very few elite troops. I was deciding to fight Burgundii till their destruction, but they asked for ceasefire, probably because attacked by my allied Franks…
    So leaving strong garrisons and waited to establish good economy and order in the captured towns, my Legions returned to Mariana. I was sieging it when a a full stack Vandal army arrived by sea attacked me … it was a very hard battle, with the two armies joining their forces before attacking, but I won even it was quite a pirrus’ victory. Now my fighting army is resting in Rome, and I should focus to re-fill my economy… I have a good treasury, but many of my towns have negative income, excepted the captured, Ravenna, Rome and Arretium with very big negative income for Genua and Curla…

Concerning the others Factions, looking at the map they are all capturing lands, with Saxons, Sassanids and Bulgars the most active. DoS and Franks are in war from the beginning capturing and losing towns, while Romano British were destroyed

I have to say that Beyond Roman Glory it’s an awesome mod, where the care and attention have to be always the maximum for your population. I was very very positively surprised of Burgundii’s reinforcement come to help their towns and of the Vandal army come from the sea to help Mariana.
    GREAT WORK Bretwalda Riothamus !!!!
    Looking good magio

Very well said. Well done

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Emergency Update 484A.D :
    This is an emergency update because of how a giant new enemy popped out of nowhere. Through the entire conquest of the Burgundii and Romano-Gallic people, there was one threat that was left unchecked. From the East comes the Slavs, The Slavs have gotten very powerful, powerful enough to go up against me, The ERE and the Bulgars all at the same time. I suffered my first total defeat against them due to their troops actually being pretty good and my army being crushed by repeated assaults by their men. The Burgundii found a new homeland and have occupied the southern threat of the Visigoths for me. Soissons is now mine and my economy has become stable again, now all my power has been focused into the North-Eastern Front. My diplomats have been sent out to organize an alliance with the Alemanni and Langobardi so that we can all combat the threat together.The Ostrogoths now face a two front conflict with the ERE to their East and the Slavic Invaders to their North. On other fronts, The Huns comeback backfired on them and they are now down to one province and are going to fall soon. The ERE has began advancing North and has gone to war with the Slavs who were able to take some territory from them. The Sassanids and Bulgars are back to their same old stalemate again. The Romans took a couple of provinces but haven't done anything quite major. The Bulgars are taking over a good amount of the Steppes and are going to be a pain in the *** to take care of when it eventually comes down to it.One main problem my Franks are having is that they are very infantry based and the Slavs have some nice hit-and-run units and can effectively seperate my men if I don't keep a close enough eye on them[Forests]. The Romano-Britones are going to war with the Saxon's and have actually taken over all of Southern Britain, The Saxons are now trapped between the Britones to their South and the Gaelic Tribes to their north with their backs to the sea. They have one fallback point on land at Vicus Saxones. Though, it is more of a free-for-all because the Gaelic Tribes are close to achieving a goal of a united Ireland and Britain. They may be a future problem. The Vandals and Visigoths are fighting over Hispania, The Vandals have one full-stack garrison in Valencia with which they culd spearhead an assault into the Visigoths home territory.

All in all, i'm loving that I am going to be facing many tough enemies in the future of this campaign. I will be surrounded on all sides and I can feel that my only allies through this that will live will be the Romans and the Vandals. My most probable enemies are going to be my nemesis, The Slavs, Followed by the Romano-Britones, Visigoths,Burgundii,and perhaps even Bulgars. This is one of my best campaigns yet!

Here is a picture of the world at 484A.D.

Another picture, this time a Regional Closeup

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeys! View Post
    Emergency Update 484A.D :
    This is an emergency update because of how a giant new enemy popped out of nowhere. Through the entire conquest of the Burgundii and Romano-Gallic people, there was one threat that was left unchecked. From the East comes the Slavs, The Slavs have gotten very powerful, powerful enough to go up against me, The ERE and the Bulgars all at the same time. I suffered my first total defeat against them due to their troops actually being pretty good and my army being crushed by repeated assaults by their men. The Burgundii found a new homeland and have occupied the southern threat of the Visigoths for me. Soissons is now mine and my economy has become stable again, now all my power has been focused into the North-Eastern Front. My diplomats have been sent out to organize an alliance with the Alemanni and Langobardi so that we can all combat the threat together.The Ostrogoths now face a two front conflict with the ERE to their East and the Slavic Invaders to their North. On other fronts, The Huns comeback backfired on them and they are now down to one province and are going to fall soon. The ERE has began advancing North and has gone to war with the Slavs who were able to take some territory from them. The Sassanids and Bulgars are back to their same old stalemate again. The Romans took a couple of provinces but haven't done anything quite major. The Bulgars are taking over a good amount of the Steppes and are going to be a pain in the *** to take care of when it eventually comes down to it.One main problem my Franks are having is that they are very infantry based and the Slavs have some nice hit-and-run units and can effectively seperate my men if I don't keep a close enough eye on them[Forests]. The Romano-Britones are going to war with the Saxon's and have actually taken over all of Southern Britain, The Saxons are now trapped between the Britones to their South and the Gaelic Tribes to their north with their backs to the sea. They have one fallback point on land at Vicus Saxones. Though, it is more of a free-for-all because the Gaelic Tribes are close to achieving a goal of a united Ireland and Britain. They may be a future problem. The Vandals and Visigoths are fighting over Hispania, The Vandals have one full-stack garrison in Valencia with which they culd spearhead an assault into the Visigoths home territory.

All in all, i'm loving that I am going to be facing many tough enemies in the future of this campaign. I will be surrounded on all sides and I can feel that my only allies through this that will live will be the Romans and the Vandals. My most probable enemies are going to be my nemesis, The Slavs, Followed by the Romano-Britones, Visigoths,Burgundii,and perhaps even Bulgars. This is one of my best campaigns yet!

Here is a picture of the world at 484A.D.

Another picture, this time a Regional Closeup

Hi Turkeys!

Are you playing the Thuringing alternative campaign?
    A powerful faction the franks are but I'm hoping that several of the other factions will challenge you for supremacy

The Slavs do become strong over time and a major power and to their east the Bulgar's become a force. The Sassanids will most likely carve up most of the East Romans. Expect the Vandals to come shooting up Italy in time too...evil grin...and the Visigoths can become a threat. I'm disappointed in the Ostrogoth expansion. I'll have them expanding eventually up into Italy in the Patch

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

I'm playing the Alemanni Alternative Campaign. The Alemanni were slow to start up but soon they started carving a small kingdom for themselves. The Bulgars took a Sassanid province again but nothing too major. The Gaelic Tribes want to be my friend for a while so I can keep them off my threat list. The Vandals lost their only path into Hispania again and haven't been keeping care of their islands it seems because the WRE took them over. I had a great victory over the Slavs and took out one of their really full stacks and took Tribus Frisii, now all that is left is Treva and then I can stop worrying for a bit. The Langobardi and Alemanni both didn't take up my offer of alliances and decided to be loners and made peace with the Slavs. The Saxons are down to only a couple of provines and Britain and are more or less pushed off, same with the Romano-Britones. The ERE is probably going to keep the Slavs more occupied with their southern borders now. I'm suprised that the WRE has had relatively little conflict, they have had more peace than I imagined and have been doing quite fine for themselves.

All I have this time is a picture of the victory which will probably give me some breathing room.

This battle has given me the secret to defeating the large Slavic armys. A good amount of Schola Infantry, combined with hunters and sarmatians to soften them up, plus those mercenary scholiwhatevertheirname is and the mercenary roman troops spells the doom for them. The Alan Nobles are also able to hold their own pretty well too.

One thing i've noticed about this mod that I love is that the armies are very balanced and aren't all the untrained bronze chevron fools you get in vanilla. This army was actually made up of gold attack and defense units and a couple of silver chevrons.
    Last edited by Turkeys!; January 03, 2009 at 09:55 PM.

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Happy New Year to Everybody!
    From the fertile lands of Italy to the desert domains of Sassanid Empire, 463AD with H/H setup and higher difficulty scripts.
    The lower costs of Sassanids’ units allowed to start earlier the conquest of new lands and to have enlisted, now it’s 478AD, three quite full stack armies, which two are fighting in Asia Minor and one in Egypt, all against ERE, that it’s a real tough enemy…

BTW even Sassanids at the beginning are hard to manage, but they start with a nice treasury and the units provided are strong enough (but it’s better to train them in Ctesiphon anyway first …) to create an army that allow to deal with enemies. Anyway for 4/5 turns the buildings were for economy only, but once built Food, Metal and Horse trading, I focused on health, law, happiness and religion… the Sassanid empire is very big and to keep its lands is a mix of those buildings, one for each turn, looking continuously to the city menu The only exception were for Ctesiphon, Hatra and Charax where I built Army Buildings.
    Concerning troops I kept all units at start and transferred Sughdian Warriors from all towns (while enlisting Levy Spearmen Sassanid) to Ctesiphon. Sughdian are not the best units, but they have good attack and defence factors and supported by Cavalry they can deal with many of the enemies at the beginning.
    BTW this First Army have its task fighting ERE coming to capture Hatra and Tigranakert (this last rebelled mainly due to its Christianity culture I think…) for five times. The battles were hard, but I could keep my units full, thanks to the Sughdian Warriors coming (and trained) from all part of Sassanid Empire and new enlisted cavalry units.
    Concerning cavalry units, even kept the initial ones, I preferred then Royal Dehkan and Dehkan: they have the higher men number, arrows and very good attack/defence/charge factors; with Dekhan as screen ahead your infantry line (keep distance manually!) and Royal Dehkan behind them, ready with arrows and to charge the decreased enemy units on flanks, helped by the Dehkan retreated behind infantry I could won all five battles, even not so easily
    Once checked that ERE was quiet (spies are really usefull…!), I could re-capture Tigranakert, but then I had to stop to change its culture till when its population was enough happy. Anyway the building tree followed allowed me to enlist a Second Army and direct it towards Bostra and Petra. Both towns were heavily defended, but always thank to my good economy I could enlist a little supply army, that kept my army full. Bostra and Petra were easy to manage, so after few turns I could lead my army to Jerusalem, that was hard to capture and harder to manage, due to Roman Culture. In the meantime the First Army could be directed towards Kotais, then to Campus Alanni and finally to Phanagoria: while Kotais and Campus Alanni were quite easy to manage by few turns, I spent a lot of time with Phanagoria due to its Nomad Culture, keeping my army close in case of rebellion. Town’s culture can be easily verified by spies, and once captured I built Academy, Zoroastrian Temple, while destroying the possible building of different culture and building my own: can be long and risky but it worked at the end … Anyway I had to re-capture Phanagoria two times, the first from Bulgars and the second from Rebels… Once population happy and get alliance from Bulgars I could direct the First Army south to the ERE lands.
    NOTE: my suggestions (even if I know that are already known ...) it’s to deeply take care of what buildings give: as an example building Roads then Market and then Farms give a real boost to your economy… if a building give negative or law or happiness or health, immediately after manage buildings that matches positive to keep all of them…
    That allowed me to enlist a Third Army, so I could chose the following strategy, sieging the towns on same turn: the First Army coming from the Northern Lands to Amaseia, Caesarea and Sinope; the second Army from Jerusalem to Thebes and Alexandria; the Third Army from Hatra to Antioch, Melitine and Tarsus. All those towns (all supported by supply armies) finished their tasks by the first turn of 478AD. I could capture them always after hard battles against full stack army from the town and quite half stack armies of reinforcements, but Deylamite could hold the line and Dehkan could rout ERE wings and then attack from behind. Anyway I must say that I was lucky, because ERE armies had mainly Limitanei, Sagittarii Gravis and Cohortis Vegilum with very very few elite units… Furthermore even if the first captures (with population exterminated) allowed me to manage happiness in one year maximum (while following the same buildings tree for twons with different culture), the last towns were not so easy.
    That’s why hereby the map on third turn of 478AD…

By rebellion I’ve lost Alexandria … Tarsus … Sinope … and furthermore a Loyalist Rebelion in Campus Khasars broken the alliance with Bulgars ...
    All three towns have full stack armies for defence, but my three armies are not far, so I can siege those towns on next turn… but now there is also Bulgars to deal with, and a Fourth Army is needed, hoping to have enough to enlist it and transfer to the north…

ayeaye Sirs

This is my domain of soissons campaign in 491
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    as you can see the eastern empire was manhandled by the sassinds and the ostrogoths. i attacked to unify gaul by destroying the rebels then attacking the romano british. i then took the frankish city near soissons. I decided to attack the visigoths next because they attacked me and are weaker than the wre. my plan is to conquer iberia and then attack the western empire. man it is hard to manage the ecomony. i have to protect against frankish attack while one turn ill make tons of money the next im in the negatives so its alot of fun!

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Hello BRG II Players ...
    it seems that the Domain of Soisson is one of the mostly played faction within Romans ...
    Great campaign charles the hammer ...!!! +rep
    See you BRG II Players all... with others Barbarians factions too ...

ayeaye Sirs
    Last edited by margio; January 22, 2009 at 03:17 PM.

thank you margio ill update sometime to show how far ive come id attack the romano british but without their trade my economy will collapse so im forced to go after the wre after the unification of the iberians.

Quote Originally Posted by charles the hammer View Post
    thank you margio ill update sometime to show how far ive come id attack the romano british but without their trade my economy will collapse so im forced to go after the wre after the unification of the iberians.
    I think that is the way to go charles the hammer. You aren't going to get those nasty modified law and happiness penalties if you take the Italian peninsula as you do in the Visigoth and Frank lands, and plus, Ravenna is I think the second riches city in the game and will help your economy immensely

Great job and thanks for the Post of your empire

Looks like the Slavs, Vandals, Ostrogoths and Sassanids are very strong...grin
    Last edited by Riothamus; January 22, 2009 at 08:13 PM.

Attachment 28223

Attachment 28224
    OK, I have to admit, I'm getting a little fustrated. Here's one shot of my DoS campaign at 481 AD (4 year script), then same campaign at 483 AD. The key differnace here is the cash on hand, In three years I went from -1900 to almsot -100,000. I'm kickign the the tar out of anyone around me but I'm in a spiral I can't get out of. Its like playing chess and just when you think you got it locked your opponent gets an extra queen and your pawns revolt. :O

Quote Originally Posted by Lioneljoe View Post
    Attachment 28223

Attachment 28224
    OK, I have to admit, I'm getting a little fustrated. Here's one shot of my DoS campaign at 481 AD (4 year script), then same campaign at 483 AD. The key differnace here is the cash on hand, In three years I went from -1900 to almsot -100,000. I'm kickign the the tar out of anyone around me but I'm in a spiral I can't get out of. Its like playing chess and just when you think you got it locked your opponent gets an extra queen and your pawns revolt. :O
    Dam nice empire Lioneljoe ! Be very careful of adding family members they can pull you right down in the red. The Celts are also attacking your cities and the rich one of Badon is under siege causing a loss of income. Also you need the rich lands in Italy..no penalties there and you would be seen as a savior. Is it possible to go after Ravenna...Very very rich city .

Attachment 28518 Here is my best DoS so far. 485 AD M/M difficulty. At one pont I actualy had over 100,000 in the bank. Touranni (the old Frank capaital is pumping out the buucks to a tuen of over 27,000 per turn. However, my cites to the east in Germania are getting restless and I am still fighting the vandals, Suibi, and the remants of the Visagoths in Hispania. Attachment 28518

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Very Good Lioneljoe !!!
    In your campaign seems that Romans Factions (excepted DoS) are loosing lands (ERE) or stay quiet (WRE)... BTW I think that the suggestion to direct towards Italian lands, can pump your economy and allow you to enlist elite troops... Slavs and Sassanids grew up very much and even still far, sooner or later I think that they will be The Enemy for your conquest...
    Again... My Compliments !!!

ayeaye Sir

Thanks Margio! I have saved the game at this critical point and have played forward trying different strategies each time. I haven't found one that takes me to a happy place yet. i have a few turn left with good positive income. Do I invest it into highly profitable cites like Sossion and Tourani? Or do I invest in my restless West Germania cities to further integrate them into Roman society? Or do I build an Army to finish off the Visigoths and Suibe (sp) in Hispania? OR if Constantinople falls to the Sassanids perhaps I can launch an expedition to liberate such an important Roman city? Risky and expensive, but Constantinople could pay big bucks $$. What would you do and where would you put your resources?

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Lioneljoe View Post
    Thanks Margio! I have saved the game at this critical point and have played forward trying different strategies each time. I haven't found one that takes me to a happy place yet. i have a few turn left with good positive income. Do I invest it into highly profitable cites like Sossion and Tourani? Or do I invest in my restless West Germania cities to further integrate them into Roman society? Or do I build an Army to finish off the Visigoths and Suibe (sp) in Hispania? OR if Constantinople falls to the Sassanids perhaps I can launch an expedition to liberate such an important Roman city? Risky and expensive, but Constantinople could pay big bucks $$. What would you do and where would you put your resources?
    Your welcome Lioneljoe
    You ask me a very hard task… even because if my “suggestions” will cause the collapse of your empire, I feel that I will found some DoS angry troops outside my door
    BTW :hmmm:…
    Firstly I suggest to look carefully Factions’ diagrams, to have a look on how they are developing Territories, Economy, Troops… so you can see what are doing firstly your closest to you factions, and then the strongest .
    I see that there are three big empires, Slavs, Sassanids and Bulgars (even if those last are very far…), that due to lands’ number can pump their economy to raise armies with elite troops. Franks, Visigoths and Suebi are not defeated and the last two on your rear (assuming that you will direct to east…) can oblige you to send armies to face them. Furthermore don’t underestimate Saxons, that sooner or later will show themselves in your lands.
    I would invest in West Germany cities, to make them enough stronger to deal with Slavs and anyway Franks too: in any case you will raise your income. In the meantime I would enlist an army (I feel that you don’t have one) to defeat Visigoths and Suebi: I don’t know Iberia’s economy potential, but anyway it can help your economy and become even a “tank” of troops. Your idea to go to help Costantinople it’s really captivating (it should an awesome AAR subject…), but I agree that is very very risky, and anyway Ravenna is closer… not fair versus another Roman Faction, but helpful for coins…
    Hope that my suggestions helps and they will not direct your troops to Mediolanium

ayeaye Sir

Pliniux's Avatar Civis

Here are some pics of my WRE campaign (N/N).

I've started very well (I've conquered all the Italian peninsula and Dalmatia), then I've attached and destroyed Vandals.

The ERE attacked me, and in response I've conquered the Greece, and now I'm fighting also against Goths in Spain (It's really a Total War ).

I had a good treasury but unfortunately all these wars wasted it

Anyway, no problem, I have some armies the Balkans and especially in Spain: I'll try to defeat some cities and to restore economy as well!

WAITING FOR IBFD v. 8.0!

Quote Originally Posted by Pliniux View Post

I've started very well (I've conquered all the Italian peninsula and Dalmatia), then I've attached and destroyed Vandals.

The ERE attacked me, and in response I've conquered the Greece, and now I'm fighting also against Goths in Spain (It's really a Total War ).

Anyway, no problem, I have some armies the Balkans and especially in Spain: I'll try to defeat some cities and to restore economy as well!

That M/M Pliniux?

Very nice campaign

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Pliniux View Post

Ciao Pliniux

Pliniux's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    That M/M Pliniux?

Very nice campaign
    Eh...It should be Normal/Normal..I'm playign with the italian version and the difficulty is Normale/Normale..maybe Margio can translate it better!
    WAITING FOR IBFD v. 8.0!

Pliniux: Very impressive! Any lessons learned or secrets to your success you would like to share? I know I don't have the courage to take up the WRE yet myself.