Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Post Your Empires/Pics here!

Default Re: Post Your Empires/Pics here!

Ok so I updated the pictures that were not working due to me having to upgrade my Photobucket account and pay for it (no thanks) so I have somewhere else much more easier.

The game has progressed a little bit.

The Danube provinces are still under attacks from the Ostrogoths and the Huns. The Goth's are much reduced in capacity after I destroyed their armies after having decided to not put them to flight, as I had thought about earlier. Maybe I should still do this as they are still able to churn out gold shielded, 3 silver chevroned killing machines that can put up a stout resistance in battle, despite having just two settlements left. I do have at least two field armies, plus a horse archer heavy army that I've given the command to the Emperor, Illus the Fat, who just so happens to be Hugely Disloyal. So i wonder if he intends to sell off the Empire to the highest bidder perhaps? The Huns have not been the terrible force I expected them to be, however they still cast their rapacious gaze upon Odessos from time to time.

(Knock knock....who's there?...Hun....Hun who?....Hun-d over your gold! Hahaha...haha...ha...we are so totally funny. Whatever. Screw you Romans)

As usual, Cherson is a hive of activity and I've lost count of the amount of times it has swapped hands between Rome and the Huns. Now however, there are a new player on the scene; the Bulgars. It's too early for Basil II Boulgaroktonis to go slaying Bulgars, so the Bulgars do a little slaying themselves and capture Cherson. I do have an army en route but diplomats arrive first and easily persuade the inhabitants to overthrown their new masters for the comforting embrace that is high Roman taxation and an insistence on Christianity. Perhaps this is in retaliation for my punitive raid I launched many turns earlier into Bulgar lands that ended in humiliation for our forces but their sudden mobility is a bit of a concern.

The Sassanids are slowly but surely been pushed towards irrelevancy. Their raids still occur but they are getting less common but on the odd occasion are able to send out a half decent stack but the eastern armies, as you can see, are up to the task and about to capture the most eastern of Sassanid territory. The rod of chastisement, the medicine of rebuke, are a mere shadow of their former self. Their far northern Armenian provinces shall remain however as some sort of buffer against potential Bulgarian invasions.

The Vandals continue to be a major nuisance, however I have managed to hold them at bay, with the Imperial legion as seen in the picture (the silly Vandals insist on attacking uphill) and also some unconventional methods such as having a half legion that I just thrown at their seemingly inexhaustible supply of men and auto resolve the battle to reduce their numbers before dealing with them. However with the economy turning back towards a good profit I am about to create one, maybe two new legions and start kicking them out Sardinia and then look at reclaiming the rest of Italy.

'The Last Pagan Emperor'- An Invasio Barbarorum Somnium Apostatae Juliani AAR
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

'Immortal Persia' A Civilization III AAR

Prepare to imbibe the medicine of rebuke!

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian Australis View Post
    Ok so I updated the pictures that were not working due to me having to upgrade my Photobucket account and pay for it (no thanks) so I have somewhere else much more easier.

The game has progressed a little bit.

The Danube provinces are still under attacks from the Ostrogoths and the Huns. The Goth's are much reduced in capacity after I destroyed their armies after having decided to not put them to flight, as I had thought about earlier. Maybe I should still do this as they are still able to churn out gold shielded, 3 silver chevroned killing machines that can put up a stout resistance in battle, despite having just two settlements left. I do have at least two field armies, plus a horse archer heavy army that I've given the command to the Emperor, Illus the Fat, who just so happens to be Hugely Disloyal. So i wonder if he intends to sell off the Empire to the highest bidder perhaps? The Huns have not been the terrible force I expected them to be, however they still cast their rapacious gaze upon Odessos from time to time.

(Knock knock....who's there?...Hun....Hun who?....Hun-d over your gold! Hahaha...haha...ha...we are so totally funny. Whatever. Screw you Romans)

As usual, Cherson is a hive of activity and I've lost count of the amount of times it has swapped hands between Rome and the Huns. Now however, there are a new player on the scene; the Bulgars. It's too early for Basil II Boulgaroktonis to go slaying Bulgars, so the Bulgars do a little slaying themselves and capture Cherson. I do have an army en route but diplomats arrive first and easily persuade the inhabitants to overthrown their new masters for the comforting embrace that is high Roman taxation and an insistence on Christianity. Perhaps this is in retaliation for my punitive raid I launched many turns earlier into Bulgar lands that ended in humiliation for our forces but their sudden mobility is a bit of a concern.

The Sassanids are slowly but surely been pushed towards irrelevancy. Their raids still occur but they are getting less common but on the odd occasion are able to send out a half decent stack but the eastern armies, as you can see, are up to the task and about to capture the most eastern of Sassanid territory. The rod of chastisement, the medicine of rebuke, are a mere shadow of their former self. Their far northern Armenian provinces shall remain however as some sort of buffer against potential Bulgarian invasions.

The Vandals continue to be a major nuisance, however I have managed to hold them at bay, with the Imperial legion as seen in the picture (the silly Vandals insist on attacking uphill) and also some unconventional methods such as having a half legion that I just thrown at their seemingly inexhaustible supply of men and auto resolve the battle to reduce their numbers before dealing with them. However with the economy turning back towards a good profit I am about to create one, maybe two new legions and start kicking them out Sardinia and then look at reclaiming the rest of Italy.

Great update!. Looks like a great campaign! The Franks it looks like are becoming a force. The Visigoths building up Justinian Australis?

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Visigoths have been stomped on by the Suebi. The Franks always give me nightmares. In a game as the Romano British, they had taken the entirety of what was the old western Roman empire (except Africa) at its height and had just advanced past Constantinople...that is some crazy stuff!
    'The Last Pagan Emperor'- An Invasio Barbarorum Somnium Apostatae Juliani AAR
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

'Immortal Persia' A Civilization III AAR

Prepare to imbibe the medicine of rebuke!