Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Post Your Empires/Pics here!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Post Your Empires/Pics here!

Someone mentioned this in a thread before hand, so I figured it'd be good for everyone to post pictures of the world at present in their games and to give us a guided tour of things

Also, before anyone posts pics here could someone please post a reply saying how to encode those "show more" tabs in a post that reveal pictures or text so that we don't have giant pics takin up space here? figured it'd look more organised and simple, cheers

Default Re: Post your empires/ kingdoms here!

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima View Post
    Someone mentioned this in a thread before hand, so I figured it'd be good for everyone to post pictures of the world at present in their games and to give us a guided tour of things

Also, before anyone posts pics here could someone please post a reply saying how to encode those "show more" tabs in a post that reveal pictures or text so that we don't have giant pics takin up space here? figured it'd look more organised and simple, cheers
    Great Idea Aenima

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Ave Aenima, Great Idea ...!
    What I have done:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

write [ spoiler ] at the beginning to open (without spaces before and after the word spoiler)
    includes text & images & whatever
    write [ /spoiler ] at the end to close (without spaces before slash and after the word spoiler)

I know that there are other commands, but I don't remember them. Furthermore there is a thread somewhere that explain all commands, but despite of my last search of it, I am not able to find it again. Hope it helps.
    See your conquests leading...?

ayeaye Sir
    Last edited by margio; November 10, 2008 at 04:23 AM.

erm ive actually gotta ask for your help first

im pretty sure "Print Screen" is the key that takes a screen shot, but where do the actual pics go? ive tried looking for them but had no luck. cheers!

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

ya me to i want to show you guys my new WRE defences at the east limes haha
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima View Post
    erm ive actually gotta ask for your help first

im pretty sure "Print Screen" is the key that takes a screen shot, but where do the actual pics go? ive tried looking for them but had no luck. cheers!
    Press "Print Screen", yes. Then just open Paint for example, right click and paste it in. Save and upload.

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Hi Everybody,
    "printscreen" is one way to take screen shots, but I prefer to use Fraps. It can be downloaded from www.downloads.com. Pressing the F10 button you get files with "bmp" extension inside folder of your choice. Then you can convert to light files as "jpeg" with Photoshop or other similar programs. Finally uploading them on "imageshack" or "photobucket" you can then post here ...
    Soon my Ostrogoths campaign update... after capturing some towns around starting lands (Salona, Ulpia, Sarmisegetuza, etc...), the objective was WRE lands as historically conquered by Theoderic the Great, but despite of alliance ERE attacked me, so now the objective of my leader Theodoric (or Theoderic) are the rich lands of Greece...

ayeaye Sirs
    Last edited by margio; November 13, 2008 at 03:29 PM.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

I've started a campaign with the Franks in 463AD, at the time of the picture it is 475AD. I am at war with the Burgundii and the Romano-Gauls. I have a ton of money from my cities and have taken Brouges and the Burgundii capital, I have also taken all of the Roman cities and have their capital of Soissons under siege. My cities aren't making as much money as they used to though. I plan on probably going to war with the Visigoths soon, most likely after I destroy the Burgundii and the Gauls. They have already started threatening me but I haven't seen any troop buildups. The Romans and Alemanni keep fighting over one settlement that neither seem to be able to capture. The Goddodin Tribes have been destroyed and it appears that the Saxons are going to take over Britain soon, unless the Picts, Gaelic Tribes and the Romano-British stop them. The Sassanids have been advancing up north and encountered the Bulgars too. It appears like the major powers are beginning to form too.

Last edited by Turkeys!; December 27, 2008 at 07:47 PM.

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Hello Turkeys!, seems that you have succeeded to have great income for your treasury, that related to Rio's mods it's a very BIG SUCCESS !!!
    Soon my WRE Campaign ...

ayeaye Sir

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeys! View Post
    I've started a campaign with the Franks in 463AD, at the time of the picture it is 475AD. I am at war with the Burgundii and the Romano-Gauls. I have a ton of money from my cities and have taken Brouges and the Burgundii capital, I have also taken all of the Roman cities and have their capital of Soissons under siege. My cities aren't making as much money as they used to though. I plan on probably going to war with the Visigoths soon, most likely after I destroy the Burgundii and the Gauls. They have already started threatening me but I haven't seen any troop buildups. The Romans and Alemanni keep fighting over one settlement that neither seem to be able to capture. The Goddodin Tribes have been destroyed and it appears that the Saxons are going to take over Britain soon, unless the Picts, Gaelic Tribes and the Romano-British stop them. The Sassanids have been advancing up north and encountered the Bulgars too. It appears like the major powers are beginning to form too.
    Nice Turkeys!

Gotta play the Franks on the hardest levels. They are the easiest of all the factions to play. If the Vandals, Visigoths and Ostrogoth's have time to expand they will become a worthy a challenge

Update on the campaign

I have to shift that army besieging Soissons to combat a Burgundii full stack, I ended up using it to spearhead an invasion on the Burgundii and it did pretty good, took two cities with it. I've bribed the Romans into fighting the Vandals and gave them 7000 denars because they look pretty low on men. I took all but two of the Burgundii settlements and have completely isolates Soissons and they don't seem to want to be a protectorate at all which is annoying. The Visigoths are going to be attacking me soon, they have been building up full stacks and are going to be hard to go against. They are the only regional threat to me due to their huge powerbase in Hispania. The Bulgars have built up a sizable empire in the East, they are starting to also make headway against the Sassanids after a brief stalemate, The Huns took one province but appear to have also lost one and have some full stacks bearing down on them so they are gone. The Gaelic Tribes completely destroyed The Picts and have them down to one province. The Romans are in danger of losing all of their island cities except for Messana. The Berbers are nice and quiet and appear to be doing good. The Slavs have built up a bit and have it going nice for themselves and so have the Langobardi. I appear to be having a bit of a Dark Age coming for me, all my cities population growth is slowing down, my economy is starting to weaken slightly so I may have to start drawing back and tuning down the city garrisons, on the other hand, it could simply be a brief low point and nothing but better safe than sorry. Oh and the Ostrogoths appear to be sitting where they are doing nothing and the ERE has been trying to hold its lands together against the Sassanids, so far , they have been sucessful in defense but haven't done much in the ways of offense.

Here's a picture of the world map in 480A.D

Last edited by Turkeys!; January 01, 2009 at 07:44 AM.

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Hello Every BRG II Players ...
    It’s 478AD now for Western Roman Empire campaign, original difficulty and H/H setup.

Focused on economy for some years (mixed sometime with happiness, health and law), I kept Western Archers, Foederati Warband (not all…) and Comitatenses units only acting as defensive army if attacked by Vandals, Ostrogoths and Rebels. Near all others factions I sent Diplomats for ceasefires and/or trade rights.
    It was very hard, sometime I couldn’t build due to poor income, but with the help of a deep study of buildings tree and buildings needed for, on 468AD I reached a nice income per turn. I cannot say the same for town’s income, but I could not wait more to re-build the Roman Empire.
    In the meantime I fought a Vandal army coming from Corsica and two Ostrogoths armies trying to attack Aquileia. After that they both directed their conquests towards others lands, while Ostrogoths asked for ceasefire. Filled casualties, re-trained and upgraded my troops (in Rome) I disbanded Foederati Warband and enlisted Legio Lanciarii, for a pure Roman fighting army with Comitatenses,Western Archers and cavalry made by three Generals. I enlisted also a little supplying army, to keep my units full.
    The first objective was Salona for which the strong full stack garrison was much decreased by a previous attack by Ostrogoths, so the capture was not so hard. Then my spy advised that Ulpia despite of continuous attacks was still kept by Rebels, so it was the second capture. Once established order and law on those two towns, by my fleet I transferred troops to capture Sicily. Firstly Messana and then Syracusae. Probably Vandals tried the same, but the garrison were strong enough to reject the attacks, but they cannot avoid casualties, so the remaining troops were quite easily won by my Legions. I knew that by my spies too… Lilybaeum capture was harder, casualties higher, but I could re-fill them with my supply army, that was then sent to re-train in Rome.
    The fleet was then directed towards Sardinia, which Caralis and Turris were easily captured, because defended by few and low end troops. The strategy was to capture Mariana and then with a stronger army to direct towards Africa to capture Carthage, Thapsus, Zama and Chullu, but a Loyalist Revolt in Bourges obliged me to change mind… I thought for awhile if leave Bourges to its destiny :hmmm:, but I was in war with Burgundii anyway, so I decided to help Bourges
    My Legions (with Equites Sagittarii now) attacked firstly Genava, then Valentia and finally Aventicum. Each town was captured fighting its garrison and an army of reinforcement , but I could always fight with full unit stacks (my supply army worked very well…), and Burgundii had low end troops or very few elite troops. I was deciding to fight Burgundii till their destruction, but they asked for ceasefire, probably because attacked by my allied Franks…
    So leaving strong garrisons and waited to establish good economy and order in the captured towns, my Legions returned to Mariana. I was sieging it when a a full stack Vandal army arrived by sea attacked me … it was a very hard battle, with the two armies joining their forces before attacking, but I won even it was quite a pirrus’ victory. Now my fighting army is resting in Rome, and I should focus to re-fill my economy… I have a good treasury, but many of my towns have negative income, excepted the captured, Ravenna, Rome and Arretium with very big negative income for Genua and Curla…

Concerning the others Factions, looking at the map they are all capturing lands, with Saxons, Sassanids and Bulgars the most active. DoS and Franks are in war from the beginning capturing and losing towns, while Romano British were destroyed

I have to say that Beyond Roman Glory it’s an awesome mod, where the care and attention have to be always the maximum for your population. I was very very positively surprised of Burgundii’s reinforcement come to help their towns and of the Vandal army come from the sea to help Mariana.
    GREAT WORK Bretwalda Riothamus !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by margio View Post
    Hello Every BRG II Players ...
    It’s 478AD now for Western Roman Empire campaign, original difficulty and H/H setup.

Focused on economy for some years (mixed sometime with happiness, health and law), I kept Western Archers, Foederati Warband (not all…) and Comitatenses units only acting as defensive army if attacked by Vandals, Ostrogoths and Rebels. Near all others factions I sent Diplomats for ceasefires and/or trade rights.
    It was very hard, sometime I couldn’t build due to poor income, but with the help of a deep study of buildings tree and buildings needed for, on 468AD I reached a nice income per turn. I cannot say the same for town’s income, but I could not wait more to re-build the Roman Empire.
    In the meantime I fought a Vandal army coming from Corsica and two Ostrogoths armies trying to attack Aquileia. After that they both directed their conquests towards others lands, while Ostrogoths asked for ceasefire. Filled casualties, re-trained and upgraded my troops (in Rome) I disbanded Foederati Warband and enlisted Legio Lanciarii, for a pure Roman fighting army with Comitatenses,Western Archers and cavalry made by three Generals. I enlisted also a little supplying army, to keep my units full.
    The first objective was Salona for which the strong full stack garrison was much decreased by a previous attack by Ostrogoths, so the capture was not so hard. Then my spy advised that Ulpia despite of continuous attacks was still kept by Rebels, so it was the second capture. Once established order and law on those two towns, by my fleet I transferred troops to capture Sicily. Firstly Messana and then Syracusae. Probably Vandals tried the same, but the garrison were strong enough to reject the attacks, but they cannot avoid casualties, so the remaining troops were quite easily won by my Legions. I knew that by my spies too… Lilybaeum capture was harder, casualties higher, but I could re-fill them with my supply army, that was then sent to re-train in Rome.
    The fleet was then directed towards Sardinia, which Caralis and Turris were easily captured, because defended by few and low end troops. The strategy was to capture Mariana and then with a stronger army to direct towards Africa to capture Carthage, Thapsus, Zama and Chullu, but a Loyalist Revolt in Bourges obliged me to change mind… I thought for awhile if leave Bourges to its destiny :hmmm:, but I was in war with Burgundii anyway, so I decided to help Bourges
    My Legions (with Equites Sagittarii now) attacked firstly Genava, then Valentia and finally Aventicum. Each town was captured fighting its garrison and an army of reinforcement , but I could always fight with full unit stacks (my supply army worked very well…), and Burgundii had low end troops or very few elite troops. I was deciding to fight Burgundii till their destruction, but they asked for ceasefire, probably because attacked by my allied Franks…
    So leaving strong garrisons and waited to establish good economy and order in the captured towns, my Legions returned to Mariana. I was sieging it when a a full stack Vandal army arrived by sea attacked me … it was a very hard battle, with the two armies joining their forces before attacking, but I won even it was quite a pirrus’ victory. Now my fighting army is resting in Rome, and I should focus to re-fill my economy… I have a good treasury, but many of my towns have negative income, excepted the captured, Ravenna, Rome and Arretium with very big negative income for Genua and Curla…

Concerning the others Factions, looking at the map they are all capturing lands, with Saxons, Sassanids and Bulgars the most active. DoS and Franks are in war from the beginning capturing and losing towns, while Romano British were destroyed

I have to say that Beyond Roman Glory it’s an awesome mod, where the care and attention have to be always the maximum for your population. I was very very positively surprised of Burgundii’s reinforcement come to help their towns and of the Vandal army come from the sea to help Mariana.
    GREAT WORK Bretwalda Riothamus !!!!
    Looking good magio

Very well said. Well done

This is my domain of soissons campaign in 491
    as you can see the eastern empire was manhandled by the sassinds and the ostrogoths. i attacked to unify gaul by destroying the rebels then attacking the romano british. i then took the frankish city near soissons. I decided to attack the visigoths next because they attacked me and are weaker than the wre. my plan is to conquer iberia and then attack the western empire. man it is hard to manage the ecomony. i have to protect against frankish attack while one turn ill make tons of money the next im in the negatives so its alot of fun!

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Hello BRG II Players ...
    it seems that the Domain of Soisson is one of the mostly played faction within Romans ...
    Great campaign charles the hammer ...!!! +rep
    See you BRG II Players all... with others Barbarians factions too ...

ayeaye Sirs
    Last edited by margio; January 22, 2009 at 03:17 PM.

thank you margio ill update sometime to show how far ive come id attack the romano british but without their trade my economy will collapse so im forced to go after the wre after the unification of the iberians.

This is my slavic campaign 474

I started out by assaulting the lombards. I captured their first two cities and when they were down to their last settlement i went in for the kill and everything blew up. The first thing was a settlement had a loyalist revolt to me forceing a war with the bulgars. then the ostrogoths broke my alliance and made one with the lombards and the bulgars then declared war on me. I defeated the lombards and they horded west so i toggled fow. my alliances seem to be not so good. the wre is under burgandic protection, the ere is losing to the sassinds and the seubi are being trampled by the visigoth juggernaut. Ive now started a to attack the ostrogoths on my way to greece to carve out my piece of greece before the sassinds get their. I got one question though are the slavs supposed to use trade caravan because i find that weird and the victory condition map doesnt show up. O and if you could rio for the patch darken or something to make the slavs easier to see. O and by the way great mod very entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by charles the hammer View Post
    This is my slavic campaign 474

I started out by assaulting the lombards. I captured their first two cities and when they were down to their last settlement i went in for the kill and everything blew up. The first thing was a settlement had a loyalist revolt to me forceing a war with the bulgars. then the ostrogoths broke my alliance and made one with the lombards and the bulgars then declared war on me. I defeated the lombards and they horded west so i toggled fow. my alliances seem to be not so good. the wre is under burgandic protection, the ere is losing to the sassinds and the seubi are being trampled by the visigoth juggernaut. Ive now started a to attack the ostrogoths on my way to greece to carve out my piece of greece before the sassinds get their. I got one question though are the slavs supposed to use trade caravan because i find that weird and the victory condition map doesnt show up. O and if you could rio for the patch darken or something to make the slavs easier to see. O and by the way great mod very entertaining.
    Thanks charles the hammer,

The victory condition map should be there I re checked to make sure. Sometimes you may need to click in and out ..possibly a ram issue.

The trade caravan as odd as it may seem has some historical basis..a little push on history I admit though

I'll try and darken em..bad on the eyes huh ? lol

Looking forward to seeing the progression of the Slavic Nation

ya your right the victory condition screen pops in and out. But ive run into serious problems in my campaign. My once juggernaut economy is falling about when i started my war with the ostrogoths i had over 120000 in the bank but it started dropping until it plateaued at about 70000 then i captured thier capital and am about to finish them off and now im down to 20000 so i think im in some serious trouble. But thats what i like about this mod your can never reach the point where you can outproduce all your enemies or at least i havent. So you always have to worry about money which i like.

edit: this is my slavic campaign up to 484.

Ive defeated the ostrogoths turning them to a shell of themselves and im now im at war with the bulgars trying to push them out east but ive got so many problems. huge amounts of unrest.(Especially from the christians.) monies tight, and as the picture shows the visigoths are about to unite western europe which means soon they will look to the east for more land. plus ive got to get 60 provinces to win and that just doesnt seem very appealing. So i might just start a wre campaign and show you all how truely awesome the romans can be.
    Last edited by charles the hammer; April 18, 2009 at 08:16 PM.

Emergency Update 484A.D :
    This is an emergency update because of how a giant new enemy popped out of nowhere. Through the entire conquest of the Burgundii and Romano-Gallic people, there was one threat that was left unchecked. From the East comes the Slavs, The Slavs have gotten very powerful, powerful enough to go up against me, The ERE and the Bulgars all at the same time. I suffered my first total defeat against them due to their troops actually being pretty good and my army being crushed by repeated assaults by their men. The Burgundii found a new homeland and have occupied the southern threat of the Visigoths for me. Soissons is now mine and my economy has become stable again, now all my power has been focused into the North-Eastern Front. My diplomats have been sent out to organize an alliance with the Alemanni and Langobardi so that we can all combat the threat together.The Ostrogoths now face a two front conflict with the ERE to their East and the Slavic Invaders to their North. On other fronts, The Huns comeback backfired on them and they are now down to one province and are going to fall soon. The ERE has began advancing North and has gone to war with the Slavs who were able to take some territory from them. The Sassanids and Bulgars are back to their same old stalemate again. The Romans took a couple of provinces but haven't done anything quite major. The Bulgars are taking over a good amount of the Steppes and are going to be a pain in the *** to take care of when it eventually comes down to it.One main problem my Franks are having is that they are very infantry based and the Slavs have some nice hit-and-run units and can effectively seperate my men if I don't keep a close enough eye on them[Forests]. The Romano-Britones are going to war with the Saxon's and have actually taken over all of Southern Britain, The Saxons are now trapped between the Britones to their South and the Gaelic Tribes to their north with their backs to the sea. They have one fallback point on land at Vicus Saxones. Though, it is more of a free-for-all because the Gaelic Tribes are close to achieving a goal of a united Ireland and Britain. They may be a future problem. The Vandals and Visigoths are fighting over Hispania, The Vandals have one full-stack garrison in Valencia with which they culd spearhead an assault into the Visigoths home territory.

All in all, i'm loving that I am going to be facing many tough enemies in the future of this campaign. I will be surrounded on all sides and I can feel that my only allies through this that will live will be the Romans and the Vandals. My most probable enemies are going to be my nemesis, The Slavs, Followed by the Romano-Britones, Visigoths,Burgundii,and perhaps even Bulgars. This is one of my best campaigns yet!

Here is a picture of the world at 484A.D.

Another picture, this time a Regional Closeup

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast