Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: King of the Hill: Round 4

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Default King of the Hill: Round 4

King of the Hill
    Official Round IV

This new round continues the new rules and map arrangements of the previous round:
    i) The change in map rules, where the antagonist has to attack the King on the King's own turf - i.e. if the King is Germania, then the game must be played in a map like the Nordic Woodlands
    ii) The additions of unit restrictions to prevent the overuse of certain units that are considered overpowering in the pecuniary amounts used in this tourney.

Rules:
    1. One game per challenge
    2. 10000 denarii for each player
    3. Battles must be played on a map with the environment which the faction of the king resides in. Season: Summer; Weather: Calm
    4a. After a loss, if the challenger wishes to challenge the King again, his name will be posted at the end of the waiting list.
    4b. If there is no one in the waiting list at the time, the challenger must wait for two names to go up before he can reapply.
    5. Players must report results to me via PM, post in this thread, or Xfire (my Xfire is xavierdragnesi)
    6. If a King is inactive and doesn't respond to challenges for more than 3 days, a new King will be appointed from the results of the Prince_of _Macedon's latest tourney
    7. Any challengers must also be ready for their turn. Challengers have a limit of two days to play their game unless an excuse is posted.
    8. The King must stay as the faction that he overthrew the previous king with
    9. Using the borderline of the battlefield as a protective side is not allowed.
    10. Special Rules:
    - Unlimited melee and javelin infantry
    - Unlimited melee and javelin cavalry
    - An army must only have a total of 7 archer related units, of which only 4 can be Chariot or Horse archers.
    - Total of 4 chariots in an army

This round will last for 30 played games, or until a clear winner is decided.

Current King
    Selifator

Challengers
    Njord
    GeneralChaos

Past Kings and their Lengths of Reign
    Cluny the Scourge - 2 victories with Scipii
    Phalanx300 - 1 victory with Macedon
    Atraps - 2 victories with the Seleucid Empire
    Selifator - 1 victory with Egypt
    Zedestroyer - 3 victories with Greece
    GeneralChaos - 1 victory with Carthage
    General Nuisance - 3 victories with Julii
    Cluny the Scourge - 7 victories with the Seleucid Empire
    Njord - 2 victories with Britannia
    Selifator - 3 victories with Carthage

Played Games
    1. Cluny the Scourge (Scipii) defeats challenger The Last Legion of Rome (Carthage) on the Italian Lowlands
    2. Cluny the Scourge (Scipii) defeats challenger Njord (Germania) on the Italian Lowlands
    3. Phalanx300 (Macedon) overthrows the King Cluny the Scourge (Scipii) on the Italian Lowlands
    4. Atraps (Seleucid Empire) wins the scrap for the throne against Njord (Julii) on the Grassy Flatland
    5. Atraps (Seleucid Empire) defeats challenger Xavier Dragnesi (Scipii) on the Libyan Plains
    6. Selifator (Egypt) overthrows the King Atraps (Seleucid Empire) on the Syrian Flats
    7. Zedestroyer (Greece) overthrows the King Selifator (Egypt) on the Arabian Desert
    8. Zedestroyer (Greece) defeats challenger Zombiesmuggler (Germania) on the Greek Shore
    9. Zedestroyer (Greece) defeats challenger Cluny the Scourge (Seleucid Empire) in the Macedonian Ruins
    10. GeneralChaos (Carthage) overthrows the King Zedestroyer (Greece) in the Macedonian Ruins
    11. General Nuisance (Julii) overthrows the King GeneralChaos (Carthage) on the Libyan Plains
    12. General Nuisance (Julii) defeats challenger Selifator (Carthage) in the Gallic Countryside
    13. General Nuisance (Julii) defeats challenger Zedestroyer (Seleucid Empire) on the Grassy Flatlands
    14. Cluny the Scourge (The Seleucid Empire) overthrows the King General Nuisance (Julii) on the Grassy Flatlands
    15. Cluny the Scourge (The Seleucid Empire) defeats challenger Njord (Carthage) on the Syrian Flats
    16. Cluny the Scourge (The Seleucid Empire) defeats challenger Phalanx300 (Julii) on the Syrian Flats
    17. Cluny the Scourge (The Seleucid Empire) defeats challegner Xavier Dragnesi (Pontus) on the Syrian Flats
    18. Cluny the Scourge (The Seleucid Empire) defeats challenger Njord (Dacia) on the Syrian Flats
    19. Cluny the Scourge (The Seleucid Empire) defeats challenger Zedestroyer (Egypt) in the Armenian Mountains
    20. Cluny the Scourge (The Seleucid Empire) defeats challenger Selifator (Germania) on the Syrian Flats
    21. Njord (Britannia) overthrows the King Cluny the Scourge (The Seleucid Empire) on the Syrian Flats
    22. Njord (Britannia) defeats challenger GeneralChaos (Carthage) in the Gallic Countryside
    23. Selifator (Carthage) overthrows the King Njord (Britannia) in the Scottish Highlands
    24. Selifator (Carthage) defeats challenger Cluny the Scourge (Parthia) in the Numidian Basin
    24. Selifator (Carthage) defeats challenger GeneralChaos (Germania) on the African Coast
    25. Njord (Numidia) overthrows the King Selifator (Carthage) in the Arabian Desert

The Winner is Cluny the Scourge!
    Last edited by Xavier Dragnesi; January 12, 2009 at 11:57 AM.

Default Re: King of the Hill: Round 4

Phalanx300 also mentioned in the Round 3 thread that he'd like to be put on the list, after Njord.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Cluny will roast you on a spit in your own juice...

Added. Sorry Phalanx

Which faction will our glorious king be using ?

Njord's Avatar Civis

It's slightly ironic to praise the King when we are all attempting regicide.

Good luck to all.

I have PM-ed General Nuisance about scheduling.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

1) General Nuisance requests to be put to the back of the list.

2) Last Legion is therefore the next challenger.

3) Njord - do you have an x-fire ID? And what is your timezone?

Njord's Avatar Civis

We've already added each other on xfire, username is Loki, I'm GMT +0, same as you.

I have got the notification from General Nuisance and have now moved him. Like Cluny said, now TlloR's turn.

Cluny (Scipii) defeats Last Legion (Carthage) in the Italian Lowlands.

Next up is Njord/Loki.

Njord's Avatar Civis

Cluny (Scipii) defeats Njord (Germania) on the Italian Lowlands.

Figured I'd save you the trouble fine sir.

Put me to the back of the challenger list when applicable please.

I've PM-ed Phalanx300 about the next challenge.

I wish to be put on the list.

@Njord: Well the rules state that you can be put back on the challengers list immediately as long as there are more than 2 players already on the list, so there you are.

@Atraps: Welcome back! Nice to see you again since the early days of KotH

And I have decided to once again have a go at my own game.

Add me also to the list please

Of course! Well, that's a nice healthy number of challengers

Guess I'll crawl back up the hill as well, add me plix!
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

zedestroyer's Avatar Biarchus

I'm back. Add me to the list please.

Great to see you back zedestroyer, winner of KotH round 1

Okay, Phalanx and I are scheduled to play tonight.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast