Page 97 of 175 FirstFirst ... 477287888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107122147 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 3488

Thread: Discussion and Announcements

Default Re: Discussion and Announcements

Quote Originally Posted by chazap View Post
    Loyalty Rings:

What's a good amount of loyalty rings a general should have so he doesn't turn on you?
    Also what's the best way to raise the loyalty of one of your more suspect family members?

I have a bunch of generals at 4 rings and they haven't turned, but i'm worried!!! suspect fasmily members.....are left without spy and assasin protection....roll the dice!!

well if you see a good general but he was a no loyalty, when there is a rebel faction, kill them and give him something nice...that's increase it.
    I'M BAAAAACCCCCKKKKKKK!

Quote Originally Posted by Hippias View Post
    Also what's the best way to raise the loyalty of one of your more suspect family members?
    I am not sure about XGM, but in RTW vanilla, you probably noticed some diplomats comes to your cities and they say nothing...

If possible, try to move as many generals as possible to that city. The bribing never works anyway, but the AI keeps trying and pretty soon all you generals will be fanatically loyal (+400% bribe cost) and upright (+6 law)

yeah, but i don't play vanilla anymore!!! its all about XGM now!! and i've had to put a few generals down (including family members) and it kind of sucks because some of them have good management, good influence, and good generalship (the gold stars)......but no or very little loyalty.... so, its crucial to increase it or at some point they will turn....i just want to know if there is a way to increase loyalty.

Quote Originally Posted by chazap View Post
    yeah, but i don't play vanilla anymore!!! its all about XGM now!! and i've had to put a few generals down (including family members) and it kind of sucks because some of them have good management, good influence, and good generalship (the gold stars)......but no or very little loyalty.... so, its crucial to increase it or at some point they will turn....i just want to know if there is a way to increase loyalty.
    I dont think XGM totally changes the mecanism of RTW so it may work...

it don't changes the data XGM. so it may still be working!
    I'M BAAAAACCCCCKKKKKKK!

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Hippias View Post
    As a greek faction, gaining the strategos ancillary seems to be a good way, gives you +4 or something... Just win some Heroic Victory's, no problem right?

Ferrus's Avatar Decanus

Scutarii: I actually discovered something very disturbing about the strategos ancillary several versions back though I havent done it recently. Those who gained the strategos ancillary, I passed it on other members with low loyalty BUT the original owner will gain it back again the next turn while the new owner will STILL have it.

Plus even with the Strategos ancillary your loyalty can still go below it. Which is quite frustrating when all but the heir and Faction leader are loyal. Loyalty is a super pain in the ass.
    The wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win - Zhuge
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one
    Do you know why most men die before their wives do? Because they want to!

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Ferrus: There are a limited number of Strategos offices. As your empire expands you can have more of them, up to a maximum of 4, but they will only be handed out to generals that meet certain qualifications. So you can't really exploit it by moving them to another general - if you get another Strategos office the next turn then it just means that your empire was already large enough to support another one, but there was no other suitable candidate.

XGM version 5.5.13 is now available for download.

You can get it here.
    You can see the readme here.

The major changes are:

-Added Heavy Spearmen to Gauls, and Germans
    -Added AOR Galatian Heavy Spearmen
    -Split Barbarian AORs into Celtic, Germanic, and Galatian
    -Reduced income for Scythia and Parthia
    -Improved autocalc performance for horse archers
    -Revised starting temples
    -Added Buddhist temples
    -Added 4th level temples for Barbarian factions
    -Added 5th level temples for all Eastern factions
    -All temple types now have five levels
    -Minor bug fixes

This should work with saved games back to version 5.5.0.

Kara Kolyo's Avatar Mikhail

Excellent!

under the patronage of Perikles in the house of Wilpuri
    Proud patron of Cymera

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic

It's quite a bit disappiont, Buddhism become pure law temple now in XGM5.5.13.

Is there something wrong with law/trade concept?
    Last edited by Suppanut; November 18, 2007 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppanut View Post
    It's quite a bit disappiont, Buddhism become pure law temple now in XGM5.5.13.

Is there something wrong with law/trade concept?
    No, that was a mistake. I thought I'd already made that change. I've posted a new version with the Buddhist temples as law/trade.

Excuse me.

Last time temple descriptions thread discuss on Baktria temple set is end up to put temple of hunting instead of forge to distribute temple for this area and suggest to put iron resource in india.

Do you thing it better for Baktria to have temple of forge (which Seleucid also have) than temple of hunting?

I think the wishlist I was working from still had forge listed for Baktria. I have posted another version with hunting instead, and a fix for that description error you spotted.

wow. that's a lot of things that you did.
    "Minor bug fixes"

what is the bugs?
    I'M BAAAAACCCCCKKKKKKK!

DimeBagHo: What do you plan for Ancillaries/traits of new temples/gods then?
    Last edited by Suppanut; November 19, 2007 at 02:42 AM.

supeerme: I forget. Minor bug fixes usually means small things that don't affect gameplay much - like description errors.

Suppanut: There are some great ideas in the Temples thread. I would certainly like to see some of them done. If you are interested in doing some more modding I can give you instructions.

DBH: in my current campaing, i've noticed that the Scythians have repeating names for generals and captains....i was thinking, does XGM have limited names for Scythians..or could it be that they are so numerous in my campaign that the they repeat?