Page 6 of 175 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion and Announcements

Some time ago I had made starting maps for the Macedonians and Thracians. As I didn’t see Macedon on your list (at Draksen.net), I’m uploading them now. By the way, how do you attach files to your messages at Draksen.net?

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Thanks Seleucos. I did maps for Macedonia and Thrace already, but I didn't need a description for Macedon or Pontus because - surprisingly - they already have them. I guess CA was planning to make them playable but cut them later.

Not sure about Draksen.net. Draksen did offer ftp access at one point - maybe it would be useful now.

Just took a look at your maps - they look better than mine so I'll use them.

Originally posted by DimeBagHo@Apr 5 2005, 05:48 PM
    Not sure about Draksen.net. Draksen did offer ftp access at one point - maybe it would be useful now.
    yep yep. :cool
    Ceci est une signature

Version 1.3.1 is out. Click here for the download.

The major changes from 1.2 are:
    -All Greek factions (except Thrace) now get the improved bodyguard units.
    -All greek factions now get Greek biremes and triremes.
    -Macedonians now get elephants and hypaspists.
    -Macedonian royal pikemen replaced with Foot Companions.
    -All Greek factions now get a full range of siege units.
    -Added Krypteia unit.
    -Added "Legendary Conqueror" set of traits.
    -Removed horse races, and replaced them with a fixed happiness bonus.
    -Added drama contests to Greek theatres.

hella good job dimebag

Version 1.3.1 has been updated to 1.3.2 to fix a couple of bugs. You can install over the old version of 1.3 if you already have it.

Hello

Sorry for being a pain in the ...... but i still don`t like the new hypaspist skin. Too ceremonial too fancy for my tastes. Other than that great job.

dont want to sound like a whinger, but if you download these new greek units + stuff, will your saved campaigns become unplayable? and, i created a carthaginian archer, and i couldnt play online! so, that means that you will only be able to play online with people who have this greek mod also.
    is that right? :sad

Trust me man, the benefits of this mod outweigh the sacrifices of saved games and multiplayer.

Its just that good.
    "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by blood and iron."
    -Otto Von Bismarck

Hi,

I have this mod installed and I have to say that I'm really impressed. :w00t
    However I want to install some smaller mods whith this mod.
    Like a more provinces mod and perhaps also some others.
    Is this possible, and if so, do you have some recommendations of small mods I can use whith this mod. :mellow

Thanks a lot!

@ben331 - Saved games won't work. Not much I can do about that - almost any significant modification will break compatibility with saved games. Mulitplayer should work with other people who have the same mod, or you can keep a clean copy of your data directory for playing online. Just make a fresh install of the game, copy the data directory, then install this mod. When you want to play online, all you have to do is switch the modded directory with the clean copy by renaming them.

@Gill - You can use CVP (although you will lose the unique Greek character traits added by MGM) or any of the formation mods (again you will lose the changes made by MGM). Otherwise very frew mods will work without doing some extra work to merge them with MGM. Map mods won't work unless you change them to include the hidden resources used by MGM.

If you have something in particular in mind, feel free to make suggestions - it might wind up in a future version, or I might even make a special version of the mod that will work with MGM.

cool mod but some of ui cards have two units in them overlapping. other than that great mod!

@Dennis II - which unit cards? They should all look ok.

the slinger. only on the unit\info. unit cards are fine. i'd fix it myself but i don't know how to

do you need the vanilla mod to download this one?

Strange - looks OK for me. I have attached a shot of what it should look like. Could you attach a shot of what you are seeing?

@ben331 - MGM is designed to work without any other mod. Just Rome - Total War + the official 1.2 patch.

i just tested it in the game and their fine just when your looking at them at your desktop which doen't matter anyway should've tested first. i've only played a couple games with your mod but it looks like the best hellenic based mod yet! good job.

Dennis II - thanks for checking that out - had me worried for a while :grin

DimeBagHo, can you make unit cards from scratch? If so, contact me - I can supply the initial screenshot and such, I'm just having trouble with the alpha channels myself.