Page 55 of 175 FirstFirst ... 53045464748495051525354555657585960616263646580105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 3488

Thread: Discussion and Announcements

Pavlik the Rus's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: Discussion and Announcements

Greatings DimeBagHo. Yor mod is EXСELLENT (Sorry my English). I havetwo questions. Will be ML included in mod in future? Will you add new units to Carthage and other factions (maybe from other mod)?
    Last edited by Pavlik the Rus; September 13, 2006 at 12:21 PM.

so any new units dime? And hows good old ATG been doing?
    Μολών λαβέ ! (Come and get Them!),"So much the better," replied Leonidas, "for we shall fight them in the shade."

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Pavlik the Rus: I'm glad you like the mod. The ML skins and models are included in the most recent versions of XGM (but not the UI cards). I'm always adding new units, but it is unlikely that I will do more faction wide reskins.

GREGORIOS TG: I have a few ideas about new units to add, but I'm pretty happy with the unit rosters now, so I am working on other things. I think ATG is doing fine, just busy with real life.

I think I have solved at least some of the remaining problems with loyalty - maybe all of them. It will require some additional testing to say for sure.

Locky's Avatar Centenarius

Hmm, Dimey, the new Companions are kewl. But i've noticed they suffer in close combat quite abit. I know that they're a heavy missile unit, but maybe making their spear count as AP(representing they have to hands to wield the spear), as they suffer againest almost any other heavy infantry. Well i geuss, infantry, was never Persias fortitae.

I mean when you make new version of XGM with included support of ML? like 4.0.14 version. And please!!!! Create some more carthaginian units, such beautiful like yours Greeks.!Respect!

Under patronage of respectable MARCVS
    Надо чаще встречаться
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58644

Pavlik the Rus: when you install the latest version of the mod (and 2 or 3 before that one) you also "install" the ML. Itīs with the XGM now. You have to install the UI cards as always (with the same old archive), but itīs optional: doing nothing but installing the mod, you are playing with new roman skins.

Jayzabala: When i download 4.1.5 there is no ML, or it allready installed to XGM?

Under patronage of respectable MARCVS
    Надо чаще встречаться
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58644

It`s already installed. You only have to install the UI cards (from the ml_units_cards file)

Version 4.1.7 is up. The only changes are a few minor bug fixes, and the addition of AOR Bactrian Cavalry, recruitable by all factions in Bactria.

I recently bought Total War Eras package and am wondering if this mod would work with the Rome Total War that comes with it and if it does, could you give me the directions to how to install it and such. Thank you.

Scurgar: As long as you have RTW version 1.5/1.6 you can just run the XGM installer and start it up with either the XGM or BI-XGM icon on your desktop. You can check your RTW version by starting up RTW and going to the options screen. the version number will be in the top right corner.

Ok, i just downloaded the mod and now i have no idea what to do. Yes, I've never used a mod before.

Alright, so i opened up winzip and clicked the XGM 1 4 7.exe file and installed it, it then put the Extended Greek Mod icon on my desktop which i clicked and then it said it couldnt find the RomeTW.exe, then it said it found it in another folder and asked if i wanted to fix it, so i clicked yes to fix it. But when i tried to play it, none of the new units were showing up? I went into custom battle just to take a look at them and nothing new showed up at all and i apologize if im being overly stupid, it's just ive never done anything like this before and im all siked about the Greeks being better then before.

You need to make sure the mod files are in the right directory The same directory as the .exe, or the .exe won't find them.

All the files in the winzip?

In what folder do i put them!

Locky's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Scurgar
    Alright, so i opened up winzip and clicked the XGM 1 4 7.exe file and installed it, it then put the Extended Greek Mod icon on my desktop which i clicked and then it said it couldnt find the RomeTW.exe, then it said it found it in another folder and asked if i wanted to fix it, so i clicked yes to fix it. But when i tried to play it, none of the new units were showing up? I went into custom battle just to take a look at them and nothing new showed up at all and i apologize if im being overly stupid, it's just ive never done anything like this before and im all siked about the Greeks being better then before.
    X:/data

Depending on the directory of your drive, it represents "x". And as for where you installed RTW, you must make sure the last word is "data", on the path extension. Also make sure you've got the latest patch, 1.5 for RTW, and 1.6 for BI. And launch it from the XGM shortcut. Also when the game loads, it will have a custom background, of Athen's Acropolis, which gives a good indication, of whever you're loading normal RTW, or XGM.

So i extract all the files from winzip and put them in the data folder which is in the xgm folder? Or do i extract them into the data folder in the BI folder? :| so damned confusing...

Scurgar: You need to run the installer again. This time when it asks you where to install the mod, you need to make sure that it is pointing at your Rome Total War folder (not the data folder, but the top level where the RomeTW.exe is). The installer checks the registry to see where this is so usually you can just let it install the files where it wants to, but sometimes the registry entry is incorrect, so you may have to look around for it.

If you try to install the mod somewhere else it won't work.

So...once again...i extract all the files from the winzip into the folder that has the RomeTW.exe file, correct?