Page 51 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2641424344454647484950515253545556575859606176101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 3488

Thread: Discussion and Announcements

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Default Re: Discussion and Announcements

Sprites are a minor problem, you can use CA sprite generator included with the game engine... There should be a guide for it at the org.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Kara Kolyo's Avatar Mikhail

thanks DimeBagHo, will try it tonight

under the patronage of Perikles in the house of Wilpuri
    Proud patron of Cymera

Will large and epic stone walls be implemented in newer versions?

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by michailangelo
    Will large and epic stone walls be implemented in newer versions?
    Both are bugged (and I personally think epic stone walls look ridiculous) so they will not be making a comeback, unless CA fixes the bugs. You can still build large stone walls, and get gain some bonuses from them. At some point i will probably tweak them a bit so that they are actually tougher in seige battles as well. But they will still look pretty much the same as small stone walls.

Well it's not exactly XGM disscussion. Just wanted to say congrats Dime for becoming civitate! and when you become great emperor, Shahinshah and aryamehr, you can rename TWC to XGM.net :tooth:

Proud patron of Cymera

Locky's Avatar Centenarius

Haha, yes congrats Dimey. The Greeks will rise again!

BTW, i was also thinking. Maybe we can give a few more factions an elite starting unit, like the Greeks, have the Spartan Royal guard. For example, Agema hypaspistia, for Macedonia, and Aygrphides Agema for Seleucia, etc. Like efectively the factrion will be limted to one of these, but it'd be cool feature to have. LIke the Agema could represent the first Hypaspistai division, thier special inspirational unit.
    Last edited by Locky; August 07, 2006 at 06:53 AM.

Congratulations, DBH.

XGM version 4.0.13 is now available for download.

You can get it here.
    You can see the readme here.

The major changes are:

-Minor tweaks to the starting conditions
    -Fixed late game CTD

This release will probably be the last in the 4.0.x line. I recommend it if you are planning to start a new campaign, or if you have had a problem with a CTD in 87 BC. The changes make several campaigns easier to play - especially Carthage, and the Eastern factions.

Hi Dime !
    Thank you very much for fixing it! so far its working! Iam past 84 b.c.
    BTW Please post on Rome Modds for the new 4013 update its not there.
    thanks

swhunter if you mean the modding legions, there is no need of new one i think it works with the old version

Proud patron of Cymera

Started playing Armenia (again) on the latest version and like the behind the scenes changes that have been made, in so far as I actually made it to 237 BC before I made a MAJOR mistake in battle and lost the entire Royal Army (note to self - don't try re-arranging the formation of your battle line when enemy elephants have already started to charge).

Too broken hearted to start again after that, so will wait until the 5 series and Rebels gentling down the Seleucids some.

Now playing a farewell campaign for Dacia - what is going to go in the big map hole they will leave? More rebels or increased settlements for Thrace/Germania/Gaul?

Have previously suggested a land bridge by Byzantion, mainly to encourage the Mac's to cross into Asia and finish off the GCS, rather than head north to The Baltic..which they are doing again in my latest campaign and might do so even more with no Dacians in the way.

Looking at Rome. Yes historically they were powerful. But it gets abit past a joke when they hurl like two full stacks of consistent of 1st cohorts and legionaries at you every turn on H/H, with 2 bronze chevrons and silver weapons. Their armies just have heavy infantry which can be a real pain to dispose of, considering Hypaspists require a army barracks, and legionaires only need a city barracks, it really hurts, and Armoured phalangites can only do so much, before they get overwhelmed. Is it possible to even out what they build, instead of spamming 1st cohorts everywhere, and turn the Thorkitia into heavy skirmishers that can hold thier own in combat, so the Greeks have a counter to Rome's spamming. :S

More of a general RTW query than an XGM query, but does anyone know if someone has ever published some research on a forum to say they have playtested the campaign AI to find out (a) why a neighbour does or doesnt attack (do forts make a difference? nearby army of yours? size of garrison? wealth of town???) and (b) what is going on in the AI's mind when you ask for an alliance (does it make any difference if you ask a diplomat, town or army? offer a gift first or not?)

i think that in the frogbeastegg's guide in the org forum were some clues about how exactly diplomacy works, but i've read it a long time ago

Proud patron of Cymera

Quote Originally Posted by Kara Kolyo
    i think that in the frogbeastegg's guide in the org forum were some clues about how exactly diplomacy works, but i've read it a long time ago
    Thanks KK, will check out The Org - having been at peace with my neighbours (your Thracian ancestors) for 20 years I finally decided to formalize this with the offer of an Alliance + the grand sum of 2000 in gold. They accepted, I moved my Thracian border army north to smite the Macedonians, who were threatening my western border.

Do you even need me to tell you what happened next?

Thracians invade me.

the snake is their faction symbol for a reason in my greek campaign that i play ocasionaly, i crushed the macs early and keep the peace with the thracians, who are in a stalemate with the dacians. when the plague occured i decided to be true to the saying "timeo danaos et...." whatever, so i brought them a spy bearing gifts that kept them at bay for a while

Proud patron of Cymera

hi
    gents

A few questions how big is a cohort? And what is a legion?
    please give me the break down historicaly.
    Also on diplomacy can you paste it here? i try to make peace with eveyone til i have power to defend my borders
    but also destory any reble city and to watch whos toes Not to step on. To also cuase their allies not to attack me
    by not attacking the factions that have peace with one another.
    Sometimes putting a good small force on your border or bridge keeps them at bay.
    But i know for sure is to trade with everyone as much as possaible.

Quote Originally Posted by swhunter
    hi
    gents

A few questions how big is a cohort? And what is a legion?
    please give me the break down historicaly.
    Also on diplomacy can you paste it here? i try to make peace with eveyone til i have power to defend my borders
    but also destory any reble city and to watch whos toes Not to step on. To also cuase their allies not to attack me
    by not attacking the factions that have peace with one another.
    Sometimes putting a good small force on your border or bridge keeps them at bay.
    But i know for sure is to trade with everyone as much as possaible.
    The 1st Cohort was about 800 legionaries. A Standard Cohort was 480 men large. A legion was about 5500 men, made up of ten cohorts, including cavalry and officers. That was the structure in about 70AD, it changed alot through the centurys.

XGM version 4.0.14 is now available for download.

You can get it here.
    You can see the readme here.

The major changes are:

-More tweaks to starting conditions
    -First Cohorts moved to Imperial Baracks
    -Urban Cohorts moved to Army Baracks
    -Land Bridge from Greece to Asia Minor added

The economic bonuses for the AI factions have been toned down a bit, and the peace between the Seleucids and the Eastern factions *should* last a bit longer.

thanks for the info
    Dime will this change my campaign iam playing now?
    With this new update?
    iam at 79 b.c.
    also you thinking of reskinning the greek hopelites? armor and the other?
    one last question should there be factions that are able to build walled cities?
    i see a lot in the east i was thinking in asia to give a limit? Also is this landbridge
    opional ? From Greek to asia?
    thanks dime as allways
    Last edited by swhunter; August 24, 2006 at 06:27 PM.