Page 5 of 175 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion and Announcements

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

New Foot Companions (just Royal Pikemen - with pikes *wink* and small shields).

Originally posted by DimeBagHo@Apr 3 2005, 08:32 PM
    New Macedonian hypaspists:
    the Lambda or Alpha (for me it's a Lambda but it should be an Alpha... ok nevermind! )
    is upside down ...
    :rolleyes

Good job! I like it (the whole concept of Hypaspists being skirmishers (javelin) + elite melee troops is awesome)
    Ceci est une signature

:blush opps - forgot to flip it.

Fixed now.

For the plume you mean? Yeah, I don't know why I didn't do it this time, normally it just applies it automatically.
    It doesn't apply it automaticlly, the outline was black and you were rendering on black, so it looked like it was part of the backround.

Spartan - how do you tell Max to use the alpha? Didn't realise I could.

It’s often been remarked upon how inappropriately small the shields of pikemen appear in this game. Couldn’t the Foot Companions retain their large shields, with perhaps a smaller shield bonus (4 or 3)? If nothing else, they would look much more menacing :cool (unless there’s a serious issue with pikes going through all of the shields :whistle ).

The pikes do go through the shields. Whether that's a serious problem is a matter of opinion I guess. As I understand it, fixing the problem would require changing the animations, and that is well beyond my ability at this stage.

Do you guys communicate through messenger?

Spartan - how do you tell Max to use the alpha? Didn't realise I could.
    - Duplicate your alpha channel
    - Copy to a new document, than save as a tga
    - Go to materials/opacity in max, then select the tga you saved before

I found a image hosting site so you can see some of my favorites images. http://photobucket.com/albums/y112/E...ient%20Greece/

You can take some ideas for good Hellenic skins

Ps

For miniature modelers some of my work http://photobucket.com/albums/y112/Epiriot...0Hobby%20Model/

Originally posted by --Spartan---@Apr 3 2005, 09:03 PM
    It doesn't apply it automaticlly, the outline was black and you were rendering on black, so it looked like it was part of the backround.
    I was thinking of the other plumes in the game, the more poofier ones. Oops.

Originally posted by Epiriot@Apr 4 2005, 09:20 AM
    Do you guys communicate through messenger?
    I don't, but if DimeBag wants me to help on the mod I could.

@Spartan - thanks, that will be very handy.

@Epriot - no I don't use messenger, but there is another forum at Draksen.net where we are discussing ideas for MGM, and Draksen's new mod. The forum is here.

@meh_cd - you are welcome to help out. There really isn't a lot of skinning work to do for MGM. Because i am trying to stay close to the look of vannilla most of the skinning is just cut/paste/re-colour kind of stuff. But Draksen's new mod, based on MGM, will certainly involve more.

Originally posted by DimeBagHo@Apr 4 2005, 08:56 PM
    @Spartan - thanks, that will be very handy.

@Epriot - no I don't use messenger, but there is another forum at Draksen.net where we are discussing ideas for MGM, and Draksen's new mod. The forum is here.

@meh_cd - you are welcome to help out. There really isn't a lot of skinning work to do for MGM. Because i am trying to stay close to the look of vannilla most of the skinning is just cut/paste/re-colour kind of stuff. But Draksen's new mod, based on MGM, will certainly involve more.
    No problem - I usually kind of create random stuff myself, nothing in particular. What are you going to use that Spartan I posted for? It'd make a good Spartan or Theban Sacred Band, but it is up to you.

Here is a look at the Krypteia.

What are the Krypteia's abilities Dimebag?

Oh and when will the new version be ready?

(dont mean to rush you but Im just stoked about 1.3 dude)
    "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by blood and iron."
    -Otto Von Bismarck

I'm still testing the Krypteia so the stats are not finalized yet. They will not be uber-soldiers like Arcani. Instead they will be excellent skirmishers, and hopefully capable of springing a nasty surprise on the battlefiled, especially vs elephants and chariots. So far they have similar armour to heavy peltasts, similar primary attack (with javelins), secondary attack similar to armoured hoplites (with swords), they are fast, very hardy, have all the hidding abilities, and of course bonuses against elephants and chariots. On the downside they use horde formation and have a half-normal unit size.

Version 1.3 should be done within a couple of days.

@meh_cd - your skin will probably wind up being used for the Spartans - maybe in V1.4 or an update for V1.3.

Those young Krypteians look great! Will they be trainable in all settlements or just in Sparta (in keeping with the unit’s origin)? What building will they require?

They will be recruitable at a temple of Nike - haven't decided on the level yet - maybe pantheon.

BTW, I think I figured out how to do the drama contest, so we might get that in V1.3 as well.

Those Krypteia look awesome Dimebag.

I have an idea for the later versions. how about an Athenian Marine unit? It could use a different color skin than default Hypaspists and have Bows as Primary Weapons and swords as Secondary. The Athenians were unmatched navally so i think that you might use their marines as an elite armoured archer unit.
    Perhaps you might consider a special Athenian warship as well.

Just a suggestion. Keep up the good work man.